Jazz Don't Match Offer: Mo's a Buck

Discussion in 'Milwaukee Bucks' started by gmanspack, Aug 21, 2004.

1. gmanspack

gmanspack JBB JustBBall Member

Milwaukee Bucks General Manager Larry Harris was informed today by Utah Jazz team officials that they would not match the offer sheet extended to guard Maurice "Mo" Williams.

"Mo is a talented, young player who we targeted early on in free agency," said Harris. "He's athletic, defends well and gives us added depth at the point guard position."

http://www.nba.com/bucks/news/williams_040821.html

Glad to have Mo aboard

2. Buckets

Buckets JBB JustBBall Member

I already posted this somewhere... But this is a good signing, he can be a great backup for the Bucks but would blossom if he was a starter.

3. Milweskee

Milweskee JBB JustBBall Member

Good signing. We should be able to give him good minutes this season, I hope.

4. Stockton

Stockton JBB

Good luck to Mo in Milwaukee, he's a great player, but wasn't getting the minutes he deserved in Utah. Mo Williams is a combo guard, who scores first. He provides energy and hustle off the bench, and is a nice guy off the court. Every coach would like him. I don't think he's ready to start yet, but he has a future in the League.

5. milwaukeebucks#1

milwaukeebucks#1 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Stockton:</div><div class="quote_post">Good luck to Mo in Milwaukee, he's a great player, but wasn't getting the minutes he deserved in Utah. Mo Williams is a combo guard, who scores first. He provides energy and hustle off the bench, and is a nice guy off the court. Every coach would like him. I don't think he's ready to start yet, but he has a future in the League.</div>

i dont think mo will be starting. James will til TJ is ready. i see Mo playing both at the 1 and 2 spots this year. we really dont have a backup SG behind Redd, porter used Mason a little bit but hes more of a 3 then a 2.

6. Saves

Saves JBB JustBBall Member

Cool. We'll see what happens.

7. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    The Bucks now have sufficient insurance at point if Ford gets injured again. Williams is a nice young addition to the team and could play a major role, even as a third-string PG. I expect big things from him in Milwaukee.