Jazz Fact or Fiction

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by Stockton, Aug 30, 2005.

1. Stockton

Stockton JBB

You know how Fact or Fiction works, but be sure to explain why you picked fact or fiction.

Fact or Fiction: Andrei Kirilenko is the defensive player of the year next season?

2. Buckets

Buckets JBB JustBBall Member

Fiction.

Ben Wallace or Ron Artest will take it again.

Fact or Fiction?

Deron Williams wins ROY?

3. J_Ray

J_Ray JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Buckets:</div><div class="quote_post">Fiction.

Ben Wallace or Ron Artest will take it again.

Fact or Fiction?

Deron Williams wins ROY?</div>

Fiction, D-Will won't get the stats needed to over take Bogut and Paul.

Fact or Fiction?

Utah wins more than 45 games?

4. Buckets

Buckets JBB JustBBall Member

Fact.

Utah was always capable of it with Kirlenko, Boozer, Harpring, Humphries and now Deron I'm sure they can be a good team with a great record. They could be overachievers like the Bucks did that one season with Brian Skinner at Center.

Fact or Fiction?

Kirlenko Makes the All-Star Squad?

5. Stockton

Stockton JBB

Fiction.

Andrei Kirilenko is a great player, but there are many other talented Forwards in the West. It will be very difficult for him to make the All-Stars next season with the talent he will be competing against, even if he stays healthy.

Fact of Fiction: By the end of Utah's 05-06 season, Carlos Boozer has been traded?

6. J_Ray

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Stockton:</div><div class="quote_post">Fiction.

Andrei Kirilenko is a great player, but there are many other talented Forwards in the West. It will be very difficult for him to make the All-Stars next season with the talent he will be competing against, even if he stays healthy.

Fact of Fiction: By the end of Utah's 05-06 season, Carlos Boozer has been traded?</div>

Fact

Carlos Boozer has really created some bad blood here, and Utah will look to move him to get some money in their pocket for the offseason cuz Yao will be a FA [​IMG] I can dream [​IMG]

Fact or Fiction: Kris Humphries is the 6th Man by season end?

7. Stockton

Stockton JBB

Fiction

Kris Humphries should improve this season, but not enough to become the 6th man. He is stuck behind Carlos Boozer at PF, and Matt Harpring gets a lot of minutes coming off the bench. Okur also, if Sloan decides to have him coming off the bench again.

Fact or Fiction: Keith McLeod starts the most games for the Jazz at Point Guard?

8. bbwAce

bbwAce BBW Member

Fiction...I think Williams will...McLeod might start at first but expect Williams to adjust quickly and start the majority of games as PG...

Fact or Fiction: Greg Ostertag will play a significant role this season for Utah...

9. J_Ray

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Shooter:</div><div class="quote_post">Fiction...I think Williams will...McLeod might start at first but expect Williams to adjust quickly and start the majority of games as PG...

Fact or Fiction: Greg Ostertag will play a significant role this season for Utah...</div>

Fiction

C'mon Ostertag being a significant role player [​IMG] C'mon he'll play but Okur will get most of the minutes.

Fact or Fiction: Utah has a healthy season overall, little knick-knack injury's but no big one's like last year....

10. ztech

ztech JBB JustBBall Member

i think fact
    boozer is very healthy okur will show up in good shape unlike last year and ak-47 added a needed 20 pounds

fact or fiction?

the jazz wil deal gordan giricek midway throught the season now that the jazz have devin brown?

11. J_Ray

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting ztech:</div><div class="quote_post">i think fact
    boozer is very healthy okur will show up in good shape unlike last year and ak-47 added a needed 20 pounds

fact or fiction?

the jazz wil deal gordan giricek midway throught the season now that the jazz have devin brown?</div>

Fiction, they still need Giricek for an outside shooter, if not they're back right where they were, C.J. as backup [​IMG]

Fact or Fiction: Utah trade for a Harpring before the deadline...

12. Stockton

Stockton JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting J_Ray:</div><div class="quote_post">
    Fact or Fiction: Utah trade for a Harpring before the deadline...</div>

Fiction. The Jazz already have Matt Harpring, they don't need to trade for a player similar to him. Matt Harpring is a leader for the Jazz.

Fact or Fiction: The Jazz finish with the either the best or second best record in the Northwest Division.

13. J_Ray

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Stockton:</div><div class="quote_post">Fiction. The Jazz already have Matt Harpring, they don't need to trade for a player similar to him. Matt Harpring is a leader for the Jazz.

Fact or Fiction: The Jazz finish with the either the best or second best record in the Northwest Division.</div>

OOPS [​IMG] I meant whether to trade Harpring or keep him.

I think they can be the best, the Nuggets will be good, but Utah can beat them, and the Sonics and the other teams won't be as strong as they've been in the past.

Fact or Fiction: Utah gets another lottery pick and get a players like J.J. Reddick or Mardy Collins...

14. Stockton

Stockton JBB

Fact.

I think Utah will be a contender for a playoff spot, but just miss out. The amount of injuries Utah get and how well the team can combine will play a big role. As for who they draft, it's hard to tell now. Who Utah think will leave in free agency and if any trades are made will affect who they draft.

Fact or Fiction: The Jazz would need to have 60+ wins for Jerry Sloan to win COY.

15. XunS

XunS JBB JustBBall Member

Fact. SA is looking really solid with their new roster changes. Indiana and Detriot look as good as ever with Cleveland looking good too. So it would definitely take a whole bunch of wins for Sloan to get COY.

Fact or Fiction : CJ will become a really good shooter in the future. Maybe a Redd or Allen?

16. KS1

KS1 JBB JustBBall Member

Fact. I think he can do it, he's a young'un that was rated as one of the best shooters in high school. Jazz must've seen something within him to select and keep him at this organization. During the summer games, I saw little flashes of what he can become. But I also belive that he's atleast a 3 year project.

Fact or Fiction: Robert Whaley turns out to be a nice, solid player for the Jazz?

17. bbwTwinTowers

bbwTwinTowers BBW Member

Fiction, I dont know much about him but I dont think he will do well

F/F Deron Williams is the Jazz solution to the PG for the next 15 years

18. Stockton

Stockton JBB

Fact.

He may struggle in his rookie season, but the Jazz gave up a lot to get into a position to draft Deron Williams. They did this because they desperately wanted Williams on the Jazz. They drafted him over Chris Paul, and when they drafted him they believed he would be their Point Guard of the future.

Fact of Fiction: The Jazz have the best SF, PF and C combination on paper in the West (Okur, Boozer, Kirilenko) ?

19. XunS

XunS JBB JustBBall Member

Fiction. Denver has Carmelo, Camby and Kenyon. Phoenix has Thomas, Amare and Marion. Houston has Yao, Swift and Mcgrady. I don't Utahs combination is that impressive but if they gel well after playing together last year, they may prove to be a potent threat.

Fact or Fiction : Deron Williams and Boozer/Kirilenko is the answer to Utahs old Stockton - Mailman combo.

20. J_Ray

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting XunS:</div><div class="quote_post">Fact or Fiction : Deron Williams and Boozer/Kirilenko is the answer to Utahs old Stockton - Mailman combo.</div>

Fiction, no one can ever top that combo, or will they even come close.

Fact or Fiction: Giricek rises to a consistent 18 point scorer with the competition of Devin Brown being around....