Jazz sign McLeod

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by spark22, Oct 4, 2004.

1. spark22

spark22 JBB JustBBall MVP

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">In the fickle world of NBA labor, Keith McLeod just got a bit of security.

The former McKinley High School basketball star signed a one-year guaranteed contract with the Utah Jazz on Thursday afternoon.

"I feel like this is a great opportunity to be in," McLeod said. "They're one of the rising teams in the league with one of the best coaches (in Jerry Sloan). I definitely feel like I can keep progressing there and learn."

After appearing in 33 games as a free-agent rookie with the Minnesota Timberwolves last season, McLeod was waived a day before his contract would have been guaranteed for the season. He averaged 2.7 points, 1.8 assists and 1.0 rebounds in almost 12 minutes with Minnesota.</div>

http://www.collegesports.com/sports/m-bask.../100404aaa.html

Seems like we have our 3rd point guard for the season. I don't know if he will be as good as Mo, but he seems like a good kid and hopefully he'll be good for the Jazz.

2. Stockton

Stockton JBB

Not as good as Mo, but he comes cheaper and he will work hard knowing that otherwise he could get waived. Jerry Sloan will like him for the hard work and hustle he should bring, so he could fit in.