Jazz @ Warriors (TNT)

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Rudeezy, Jan 19, 2004.

1. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

Utah at Warriors

Tipoff: 7 tonight,

Oakland Coliseum Arena

TV: TNT

Radio: KNBR (680).

RECORDS:

The Warriors are 16-23 after their 104-93 loss at Phoenix on Friday; the Jazz is 21-17 after its 102-96 overtime loss to visiting Cleveland on Saturday.

Jazz update:

F Andrei Kirilenko has assumed the role as top scorer (16.3 points per game) since F Matt Harping injured his knee. Utah, which is 4-14 on the road, added a rare loss at home Saturday. After overcoming an 18-point deficit, Cleveland notched its first victory at Utah in 14 years. Utah leads the league in personal fouls (25.1 per game) and might lose Greg Ostertag to a suspension. The center was ejected after fighting with the Cavaliers' Zydrunas Ilgauskas. Kirilenko twisted his ankle Saturday, but came back to play after four minutes. At one point -- with Ostertag's ejection and with a center and three forwards out because of injuries -- Utah was left with Michael Ruffin, Jarron Collins or Paul Grant to play inside.

Jazz injuries:

C Curtis Borchardt (wrist), F Keon Clark (ankle), F Ben Handlogten (knee) and Harpring (knee) are out. G Mo Williams (tendinitis) is questionable.

Warriors injuries:

C Evan Eschmeyer (knees), F Troy Murphy (ankle) and G Nick Van Exel (knee) are out. F Brian Cardinal (flu) is questionable.

The Jazz defeated the Warriors 97-80 in Utah on Tuesday. ... Warriors center Erick Dampier didn't practice Sunday because of swelling in his left knee, but he said he will play tonight. ... Forward Brian Cardinal, who missed the past two games because of the flu, participated in half of the team's practice and is listed as questionable. ... The Warriors, who ranked at or near the bottom in free throw shooting most of the season, have gone 63-for-79 from the line over the past three games (.797).

2. TimFlem

TimFlem JBB JustBBall Member

Jazz by 5

3. notmuchgame

notmuchgame JBB JustBBall Member

The warriors need to start winning ASAP. They're quickly falling out of playoff contention. That's a damn shame considering they started off so well...

4. Rudeezy

The Warriors will win this one. They can't win on the road and are a good home team. Must win for them.

5. Purple N Gold

Purple N Gold JBB JustBBall Member

I pick the Warriors to win this. They are at home, and have played well there.

Warriors by 5.

EDIT: Didn't know AK47 was hurt, Warriors by 10.

6. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Purple N Gold:</div><div class="quote_post">I pick the Warriors to win this. They are at home, and have played well there.

Warriors by 5.

EDIT: Didn't know AK47 was hurt, Warriors by 10.</div>And Ostertag is out as well.

7. Rudeezy

The Warriors have a 5 point halftime lead 42-37. The Jazz erased a 13 point Warriors lead.

8. Stockton

Stockton JBB

I had no idea that Ostertag was this important, he goes out against Cleveland, they come back and win the game. Jarron Collins starts at C for this game, gets more fouls than rebounds and lets Erick Dampier have a field day on the boards (24 total). Raja Bell was huge again, with 25 points. He might get to start each game soon. Only 8 players played for Utah, they were never in it even before the game started. I really hope Andrei Kirilenko isn't hurt bad, Harpring is easily enough for injuries.

9. Rudeezy

Warriors finally get that much needed win with a W over the Jazz. The final score was 101-85.

Dampier had a monster game scoring 18 points and grabbing 22 boards.

10. BallerAK47

BallerAK47 JBB JustBBall Member

No Kirilenko, No Ostertag, No Harpring = No win

GREAT game by Dampier!
    Warriors were hitting all their shots and were pounding it inside. Nice job

11. cArMeLo15

cArMeLo15 JBB JustBBall Member

Dampier continues to be consistent. He's been playing great ball as of late.

12. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting BallerAK47:</div><div class="quote_post">No Kirilenko, No Ostertag, No Harpring = No win
    </div>Very true.

But don't forgot the Warriors injuries as well: No Murphy, no Foyle, no NVE.

13. BallerAK47

BallerAK47 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rudeezy:</div><div class="quote_post">Very true.

But don't forgot the Warriors injuries as well: No Murphy, no Foyle, no NVE.</div>
    True,but you still have Richardson, Dampier, etc

14. Purple N Gold

Purple N Gold JBB JustBBall Member

Great win for the Warriors last night. Dampier continues to lead the Warriors with his awesome play lately. Warriors were able to push the fast break last night leading to easy baskets.

15. Rave

Rave JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Purple N Gold:</div><div class="quote_post">Great win for the Warriors last night. Dampier continues to lead the Warriors with his awesome play lately. Warriors were able to push the fast break last night leading to easy baskets.</div>

Don't you despise the Warriors? I think they're a great underdog team, in a few years or so, like Grizzlies, Nuggets and the Cavaliers, they'll all improve and stepup. They like fine wine, only improve with age. Cliff is a great example of this.

16. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Magic Johnson:</div><div class="quote_post">Don't you despise the Warriors? I think they're a great underdog team, in a few years or so, like Grizzlies, Nuggets and the Cavaliers,</div>lol...the Cavaliers are still a horrible team.[​IMG]

And Purple n Gold lives in the bay area and follows the warriors. He's not a hater.[​IMG]

17. TMac_OwNz

TMac_OwNz JBB JustBBall Member

lol they are not a horrible team...just not a comparable team with the lakers , spurs , wolves and other...anyways great win for the warriors i saw some of the game it was off the hook everybody playing well..

18. ~Fatality~

~Fatality~ JBB JustBBall Member

Great win. I must say I was supprised. Good team effort. Dampier played great.

19. Rave

Rave JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting The Prophecy:</div><div class="quote_post">Great win. I must say I was supprised. Good team effort. Dampier played great.</div>

I wasn't really surprised, both are great "underdog" teams, the term I kept using to describe both them, the Bulls and the Grizzlies. They're pretty young teams and so will only shine through time and experience. They always try hard, plus they always seem to be a surprise by coming out on top against such tough opponents, so much so it's becoming quite common, not given props just because they're the "warriors." just plain wrong.