Jim Brown Suing EA Sports

Discussion in 'NFL General' started by DolfanDale, Aug 1, 2008.

1. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

Jim Brown is suing EA Sports and Sony because there is a No.32 on the All-Time Browns that looks like him. Is he being nitpicky? Doesn't the NFLPA have to sign off on all this stuff? What is the NFLPA's relationship with former players? Will the NFL have to sit down and negotiate a deal with former players when their image is being used? After all, there is no doubt that No. 32 of the All-Time Browns is Jim Brown even if they don't use his name. I wonder if this will trickle down to college sports video games or do athletes give up those rights as part of their accepting a scholarship. This could prove to be an interesting case.

Here's the story!

2. tim

tim Respect JPJ

I really don't think it's that big of a deal to be honest. Seriously, it's just a video game. But it's tough to question anything Jim Brown ever does. He is truly awesome.

3. Real

Real Dumb and Dumbest

If he won this suit and this prevented college players' likenesses from being used in video games, then the EA sports NCAA Football franchise will be finished. There will be no reason to make a game if you can't use a player's likeness.

4. NattaNerNuttaMan

NattaNerNuttaMan NattaNerNutta like Spike

Military
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Real @ Aug 2 2008, 03:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>If he won this suit and this prevented college players' likenesses from being used in video games, then the EA sports NCAA Football franchise will be finished. There will be no reason to make a game if you can't use a player's likeness.</div>

Agreed. That's the only reason I buy the College games, to put in the names and use them for my Madden Drafts.

BTW, when did NBA Live stop letting you take college game players and put them in te Live Drafts. This was one of the big reasons I only mess with NBA 2K series now.

5. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

Im surprised EA let this happen....they are usually sure not to let the numbers corralate with the guys that arent in the NFLPA....they get their licensing directly from the union, so he could win this if it gets to court....my 1st question would be this: Is #32 a RB or a FB? If its a RB, thats not Jim Brown, Its likely Earnest Byner Kevin Mack....

6. #1_War_Poet_ForLife

#1_War_Poet_ForLife The Baker of Cakes

I want sue EA for making this retarded All-Play shit.

7. Martin

Martin Back from retirement

I hope Jim Brown wins this case cause EA Sports screwed me by not making Madden and NBA Live on PC this year and probably I will never see those games on PC again.