'Jimmy Butler is $95M richer but that doesn't really change his status with Bulls.'

Discussion in 'Chicago Bulls' started by _GB, Jul 3, 2015.

1. _GB

_GB Bulls Fan Staff Member Moderator

Where the article said:

it reminded me of this:

Vince Lombardi

2. kukoc4ever

kukoc4ever Let's win a ring! Staff Member Moderator

Yah, it seems like everyone in the NBA should be able to get along, unless you have been following it for any length of time.

For instance, DeAndre Jordan just left the Clippers high and dry based on a beef between him and Chris Paul and his desire to be more of "the man" on a new team.

That and I guess Jordan didn't like trying hard to win regular season games, like Chris Paul tries to do. Of course, many think thats the "smart" way to play it.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....onship-with-chris-paul-was-demonstrably-poor/

3. _GB

I also liked this part of the article:

It made me think of this quote by MJ:

https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/m/michaeljor109197.html

4. transplant

transplant Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

Are we in agreement that the players will be OK with the change in head coach?

5. _GB

I've certainly seen reason to believe so.

6. kukoc4ever

Its a results oriented business. OK, indifferent, put off .... we don't really know and the opinion now matters little. There have not been any games yet. The meaningful opinions will start getting formed once the wins and losses pile up (assuming anyone cares about regular season wins and losses, many feel winning those games is all but pointless it seems)

The previous coach they all respected and played hard for. Through good times and hard times. Many considered him the smartest guy in the room and he worked harder than everyone too. That earns respect.

We'll know a lot more about how the players meaningfully feel about Hoiberg a year from now and two years from now.

As it stands, noone is going to walk off the job. If the players feel they are being dealt with fairly , Hoiberg is highly competent and hard working and they win, I'm sure most will be OK with him.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
  7. _GB

The Bulls org has been 'leaky' over the last few seasons. If the players were unhappy with the coaching change, we would've heard about it, in much the same way as we heard about the problems with Tom and the front office.

So while they aren't overtly expressing joy and happiness, there's enough reason to say that "ok with it" is a good description of the orgs mood.

Oh, and regular season wins and losses determine playoff seeding and home court advantage.

8. kukoc4ever

Right. Some consider this "winning nothing."

And trying hard to win those games? Getting to be a no-no it seems.

9. _GB

Please clarify who said exactly what next time, and a better discussion of it can be had.

http://www.logicalfallacies.info/ambiguity/

10. kukoc4ever

Please try to stick to hoops. Once again, this post is not even related to basketball.

11. _GB

LOL!

It is related to basketball. :-)

I want to know the context of the "many feel that winning those [regular-season] games is all but pointless" opinion. But we can't discuss it with the ambiguity you left in that statement. Also, the not playing hard comment seems peculiar.

12. kukoc4ever

The context is that many were writing about how winning a bunch of regular season games really isn't that important or impressive. If you search this site or any other Bulls message board regarding regular season games in the last year or two I'm sure you'll find numerous examples. If you don't like that answer, accept that is all you are going to get, and move on.

Once again, you are not posting about basketball though. Hopefully, now that the context has been clarified for you, you can try sticking to a hoops discussion, if possible. Thanks.

13. _GB

I don't know about that. The 72 wins that that Bulls team earned & the 67 wins that this year's champions earned were pretty impressive. They received a lot of plaudits for them, and justifiably so.

Here is where nuance & context matter, though: It is entirely possible that some regular-season wins come at entirely too high of a price.

That's relative though, and depends on your roster and other assorted variables. Every team is different; you'll never concoct one all-enveloping formula that fits every team equally.