Jimmy Butler: Not mad at Bulls but wish some things handled differently

Discussion in 'Chicago Bulls' started by truebluefan, Jun 23, 2017.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

In his first interview since Thursday night's blockbuster trade, All-Star Jimmy Butler told the Chicago Sun-Times on Friday that he's not mad at the Bulls but does wish certain things were handled better by the organization leading up to the deal.

Butler's name had been rumored in trade talks for much of the past year. Chicago opted to pull the trigger Thursday night, sending the face of its franchise and the 16th pick of the draft (Creighton center Justin Patton) to the Minnesota Timberwolves for Kris Dunn, Zach LaVine and the No. 7 pick (Arizona 7-footer Lauri Markkanen).

"I guess being called the face of an organization isn't as good as I thought," Butler, 27, told the Sun-Times from Paris, where he first learned of the trade. "We all see where being the so-called face of the Chicago Bulls got me. So let me be just a player for the Timberwolves, man. That's all I want to do. I just want to be winning games. Do what I can for my respective organization and let them realize what I'm trying to do.

read more http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...shes-chicago-bulls-handled-some-things-better