Joe Andruzzi vs the Big C

Discussion in 'AFC East' started by DolfanDale, Jan 31, 2008.

1. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

There is one (former) New England Patriot on this planet that has me firmly in his corner. Joe Andruzzi is battling cancer. I watched my step-father lose a battle with cancer and I can tell you that it's a dreadful disease. However, there have been people who have survived this fight and I'm really pulling for Joe to add his name to that list.

Here's the story.

2. The Return of the Raider

The Return of the Raider Active Member

3. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

Let me add this just in case I wasn't clear earlier, Joe has finished treatment (early Aug) and is considered in remission, but that's such a short amount of time that my thoughts and prayers are still with him that he will remain in remission. It's just practically impossible to know for sure that all the cancer is gone. The more time that passes the better. For some reason, I thought a year of being tested as cancer free was a significant date, but I couldn't google up any support for that. Here is a page that talks about the potential danger of cancer recurrence.

4. agoo

agoo Member

Its good to hear that Joe is doing well and is in remission. I thought he had played for the Bills before and, being in WNY, I would have heard about this before, but that is not the case.

Andruzzi was a terrific player for the first three Super Bowl teams. He also does a lot of work for firefighter charities as his three brothers are all NYFD, who participated in the efforts on 9-11. I think his father was a firefighter as well, but I can't find anything on that.