John Kitna

Discussion in 'NFC North' started by porky88, Aug 15, 2005.

1. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

Is he on a team yet. If not maybe the Bears should take a run at this guy.

2. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

signed Jeff Blake. He is still on bengals i believe

3. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

Kitna is currently on the Bengals team. I think the Bears should trade their 1st and 3rd round pick to San Diego for Philip Rivers. Since Drew Brees is doing good why would the Chargers want to keep Rivers and his huge contract.

4. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'>signed Jeff Blake. He is still on bengals i believe</div>

ok wasn't sure. Orton is probably gonna be your guy I am assuming for now.

5. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

Orton has a long way to go before he can be the starter. Look at Eli Manning he had tons of struggles and he was the 1st overall pick last year. They wont use Orton unless they have to because Orton isnt ready yet to start in the NFL.

6. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'>Orton has a long way to go before he can be the starter. Look at Eli Manning he had tons of struggles and he was the 1st overall pick last year. They wont use Orton unless they have to because Orton isnt ready yet to start in the NFL.</div>

Well he is probably farther along then Jeff Blake and Chad Hutchinston. I would put him in if he keeps playing good in the preseason. It won't hurt.

7. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

But trust me you dont want a middle round rookie QB running your offense, i learned that when the panthers started Chris Weinke and went 1-15.

8. FLORIDA PACKER

FLORIDA PACKER nfl-*****s member

Orton should be good eventually i'd sit em for a few years and then depending on which direction they go with Grossman either ships him out or put him in control.

9. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

Picking up Jeff Blake is a good move for the Bears. I always liked him and was sad when Aaron Brooks took his starting job away in New Orleans after that freak injury he had.

Trading for Kitna is a great idea, though. He is just riding out his contract with the Bengals right now...

10. DP

DP He shoots, he scores!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'>Kitna is currently on the Bengals team. I think the Bears should trade their 1st and 3rd round pick to San Diego for Philip Rivers. Since Drew Brees is doing good why would the Chargers want to keep Rivers and his huge contract.</div>

I dought they will accept.

11. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

Rivers has yet to prove he can be a starter. For as little "real" game experience as he has, they'd be just as well off starting Orton.

12. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

Give up a 2nd rounder for Kitna. Try and salvaget the season because with that defense who knows how far they'll go. I think no where but I am a Packer fan.

13. FLORIDA PACKER

FLORIDA PACKER nfl-*****s member

Kitna has stated he wishes to retire after this season as a Bengal, he may play one more but it'll be as a backup to Palmer.

14. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

But Rivers gives them a elite QB for the future. Rivers is gonna do a lot better than anyone else they could get. Kitna might be around for 2 more years if they signed him, Rivers has potentally a great career in front of him. Rivers is sitting on the sideline with tons of talent, so since Brees is a pro bowler why not get a some draft picks for him.

15. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

Either way I think Chicago is gonna bring in a QB next season. There is even some speculation that Rex Grossman is gonna get released at the end of the season. Thats what I heard on Cold Pizza at least. Orton is probably a project to them now and I expect they bring in someone next year to help him out. Thats far away yet.

16. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

If Lovie Smith wants to keep his job, he better trade for a QB right now, becuase if hes finshes in the top 5 worst teams he will get fired

17. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'>Kitna is currently on the Bengals team. I think the Bears should trade their 1st and 3rd round pick to San Diego for Philip Rivers. Since Drew Brees is doing good why would the Chargers want to keep Rivers and his huge contract.</div>

Dumb Idea. 1) San Diego is waiting to see if Drew is just a one year wonder so they arent likely to do it. 2) referring to your other comment "he is an elite Qb for the future" I bet you were like Leaf is going to be way better than Manning! New Coke is going to rock! Everyone will own an etsel!!

DPG, way to jump in before me and point out San Diego will not accept.

18. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

San Diego would accept because they know the Bears draft pick that they would get would probly be in the top 10. So if Brees failed they could always draft a QB next year. If the Bears offered them enough they Chargers would gladly accept.

Drew Brees wont be a one year wonder, nothing has changed since his run last year and Marty knows it, so why keep Rivers

19. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'>Kitna is currently on the Bengals team. I think the Bears should trade their 1st and 3rd round pick to San Diego for Philip Rivers. Since Drew Brees is doing good why would the Chargers want to keep Rivers and his huge contract.</div>

Dumb Idea. 1) San Diego is waiting to see if Drew is just a one year wonder so they arent likely to do it. 2) referring to your other comment "he is an elite Qb for the future" I bet you were like Leaf is going to be way better than Manning! New Coke is going to rock! Everyone will own an etsel!!

DPG, way to jump in before me and point out San Diego will not accept.</div>

I agree with you there BF1. 1. The Chargers won't do it. 2. The Bears won't do it either. You don't know what your getting and I am sure SD would be asking for a high price. Yea Rivers looked good in 1 preseason game but it's not worth giving up 2 first day picks as well and the word "Elite" is often overused. Especially on younger players.

20. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

Well Rivers would be the best chance for the Bears to have a winning season