John Scott and the ASG

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by NYR31, Jan 15, 2016.

1. NYR31

NYR31 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I find it crazy (leave it up to the NHL) that a player like Scott gets voted to the ASG, as a captain no less, but it really sux that less than 2wks away from the game the guy gets traded to the eastern conference, gets sent down to the AHL immediately and now may not be able to participate at the ASG. Gotta feel for the guy.

2. panzerporter

panzerporter Well-Known Member

I felt that Torts lost the team and was on borrowed when he failed to dress Scott to give a much deserved retaliatory beatdown to Chris Neil after Neil basically assaulted a defenseless Brian Boyle while two officials looked on. Scott is a dying breed, the pure goon has no place in today's NHL but at that time he was the man for the job. Sure the Rangers won the series but lost Boyle who had been very effective. I don't care what sport you play, if you feel the coach doesn't have your back you're not going to play for him.

The NHL All Star game is a joke to start with. With all the movement due to free agency it has lost significance.

3. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

They should eliminate all AS games except for baseball.

4. cagedlion

cagedlion "I am the problem, and I am the solution."

Hockey All Star Games that end East 21 - West 22 is
    is a mockery of the sport. Just playing this farce
    does the league no legitimacy!

5. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

I have mixed feelings on this. On one hand I am happy for the guy considering this is an experience he would never have (or deserve) but on the other hand I couldn't care less about the all-star game. I agree w/ what 71 said with the exception of baseball...they should end that one too. But anyway, have fun John Scott!

6. theProdigy223

theProdigy223 Well-Known Member

I have a ton of respect for John Scott. He's handled this situation admirably. For those who haven't seen it go see his article on the Player's Tribune. The NHL should be ashamed of itself.

I feel comfortable in saying that because I was not one of the jokesters who voted this guy an all star. To me, it's very hypocritical for these keyboard pranksters to vote this guy in solely for the purpose of laughing at him as he tries to keep up with Ovechkin and Kane in a three on three setting, then act holier than thou when the NHL tries to get him out. Just a shitty situation all around and the only one who looks good through it all is Johm Scott.

7. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

The guy is a retard on ice. I don't care what he is off the ice. The tool has no talent and shouldn't be in the game. I hope next year the NHL does one of 2 things. Either, no longer lets the fans vote or just doesn't have the game. Rewarding thousands of ignorant, dumbass fans for doing something stupid is idiotic. Those fans must be punished like little children and shown when you do something stupid, there are consequences. Once again, the morons in the world prove they are dumb and don't get it.

8. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

Agree completely. NFL I believe is up to 140 players named to the pro bowl after all the excuses players made not to be there. What they should do is just name the deserving players to their all start team and give the teams a needed week off to recharge their batteries and heal some of the injuries. Baseball has by far the best all star game and the mano to mano matchups are amazing

9. kreidertime

Watched 5 minutes of the skills competition. Won't watch a second of the moronic all-star game.

10. cagedlion

cagedlion "I am the problem, and I am the solution."

What will they think of next? Just parade the players
    up and down the ice! Like I said, " It's a mockery".

11. theProdigy223

Nobody is forcing anybody to watch it. If it's not for you, then that's fine, but plenty of people are able to enjoy it for what it is.

BigDaddyAl1973 and SaveLundy like this.
  12. Greyvtrayn

Well, John Scott scores two goals, gets named MVP and is carried around the ice on the shoulders of his teammates...i have to say I do feel happy for the guy. It makes for a great story.

SaveLundy likes this.
  13. theProdigy223

Awesome moment.

A+ goal celebration by him as well.

14. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

The baseball AS game has a tradition and history and is something that still has some meaning to it with determining home field in the WS. So in that regard its still somewhat relevant.

15. Greyvtrayn

Yeah, but its not necessary. Its a nice honor for the players so that's cool. I think they (MLB) should go back to best record determining home field though, have to reward the better team.

SaveLundy likes this.
  16. kreidertime

So basically this worthless game is no a publicity stunt. The NHL once again showing why it is small time. I guess people forgot about all the countless cheapshots this assclown has thrown in the league.

17. SaveLundy

SaveLundy Active Member

has it ever really been anything but a publicity stunt? the game has no out come on the season and most of the athletes just want to skate around and have some fun. Not really sure why youre blowing this out of proposition. This year the Joke is on the Nhl and that bridge troll bettman, the ratings were better and the story for the weekend was feel good. The NHL shot itself in the foot again, on top of extending bettman till 2022, egregious.