Jordan and AI

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by Phi_Slamma_Jamma, May 13, 2003.

1. Phi_Slamma_Jamma

Phi_Slamma_Jamma JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Tuesday, May 13

Brown would like to see Jordan with Sixers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ESPN.com news services

Michael Jordan and Allen Iverson together?

Sixers coach Larry Brown doesn't think it's a bad idea.

According to a report in the Philadelphia Inquirer, Brown seriously wants Jordan to come to Philadelphia, and the coach is willing to turn over his title of vice president of player personnel to Jordan.

Jordan was dismissed from the Washington Wizards last week. He was the Wizards' president before coming out of retirement to play for them the past two years. He retired for good last month and expected to return to the team's front office.

But, disappointed with the team's poor record and embarrassed by infighting on and off the court, owner Abe Pollin let Jordan go after a 30-minute meeting last week at the team's arena.

Brown thinks MJ would have a big impact on AI and the rest of the team, and added that Jordan's presence would make him a better coach.

"I know Allen admires Michael," Brown told the newspaper Monday. "The big thing, I think, with Allen is if he knows somebody wants to make him better and cares about him, he'll respond. I think that's all Michael's about."

Brown and Jordan have been friends for a while, and share the North Carolina connection. Brown usually attends Jordan's summer camp.

"I would think I'm not the only one sitting back here thinking how he could be an asset to the franchise," Brown told the Inquirer. "I was just looking back on how this city felt about him that last game here. I think we'd embrace him the same way if he was part of this, if that was what he decided to do … I think it would be great.

"But, hey, this is wishing. We're talking about wishing. My whole thing is I want to do everything I can to help this franchise and make myself a better coach and help my players. Here's the greatest player in the world, who's an unbelievable competitor, and I think if he can share some of his wisdom with Allen and some of our guys, I think they would all welcome it."
    </div>