Notice Judge is ROY

Discussion in 'New York Yankees' started by Lillie, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Lillie

Lillie Well-Known Member

Congrats to the Judge.

Mattingly23NY likes this.
  2. Mattingly23NY

Mattingly23NY Turning Fastballs Into Souveneir's ~

Ret. Quality OPS/Engr. Mgr.
    ....^^^

now I'd like to see the MVP points coming up; statistically Judge one upped Altuve on most important offensive stats, as well as more in general stats Judge led the short shit over the course of the year.... but is it enough for the hallowed ROY/MVP, I'd love to see it.
    Judge fits the profile criteria of an MVP moreso than Altuve or the Stro's who depend upon 4 core or more of players. Judge will or s/b the one who should of won, but will writers have the balls to hand the two awards to the same person, for only the 3rd time in history??? I'd love to see it be Judge, who in their right mind wouldn't???

3. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

^^^Judge was the UNANIMOUS choice for ROY which really shouldn't surprise anyone. But MVP as I said earlier should be taken literally and if you really look at who was "Most Valuable" Judge should win that too. Not taking anything away from Altuve because he's an incredible player but the Astros won their division by 21 freaking games and very likely would have still won it even without Altuve's production...the Yanx on the other hand, would not have even sniffed the PS without Judge...hence, IMO, is why Judge is more "valuable".

mrmel29 likes this.
  4. Mattingly23NY

Mattingly23NY Turning Fastballs Into Souveneir's ~

Ret. Quality OPS/Engr. Mgr.
    ^^^^ and it's been justice to hear, since you've been spot on pointing out the exact apropos defined per the criteria, fit to the One Player, who would win 100% of all jumpballs vs Jose. Everyone else too in both leagues, imho-. Slam dunk s/b, yet writer's don't always vote with a clear head. Or vote followingi proper guidelines, definition; et al.

Talkin' to this area's bb community is like talking of a race trip to Churchill Down's with a Ass, Donkey, Burro-.

5. Yankeefan5545

Yankeefan5545 Well-Known Member

Retired
    Some smart ass I was talking to on Veterans Day (Red Sox Fan) burst in with a "if I ever have a dog I'm going to name him Altuve (Yankee Killer followed by a burst of laughter, My reply was that Boston lost as well, the Yankees took the season series and you can have Betts I'll take Judge. From that point he walked away. Though I much favor team accomplishments like pennants I was glad to see Judge win that award with a strong finish.

Mattingly23NY likes this.