Event JULY 27 - 6th Annual Newberry Event Music & Arts Festival

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by MARIS61, Jun 4, 2018.

1. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    It's on again just down the street from my home here in Beautiful Central Oregon!

Details
    6th Annual Newberry Event Music & Arts Festival Headline Lettuce!

Newberry Country is coming alive with its 6th Annual Newberry Event Music & Arts Festival, July 27-29! This grassroots boutique event has gained a name for itself and this year’s lineup is sure to wow any festival goer. With Saturday headliner... Lettuce! Say, What the Funk!
    �This legendary East Coast Indie funk jam band, together more than two decades, has brought a new vitality to classic funk. This will be their only Oregon performance this summer. L.A.-based duo HONEYHONEY could be called alternative bluegrass folk. Other artists featured will be the Shook Twins - critically acclaimed Idaho-born and Portland-based identical twins Katelyn and Laurie Shook, with dreamy harmonies. From San Francisco, Con Brio is seven musicians with a shared love for the vibrant funk and psychedelic-soul sound pioneered by groups like Sly & the Family Stone. They’ve become a West Coast institution with magnetic live shows, swiveling hips, splits and backflips. Also from the Bay area, The Stone Foxes whose rock is raw with blues as a filter. Just some of the exciting lineup will be Pimps of Joytime, Five Alarm Funk, John Craigie, Talbott Brothers, Pat Simmons Jr. (son of Doobie Brothers Pat Simmons), The Sextones and more…

The festival is nestled in the shady pines, aspens and open meadows of Southern Deschutes County, better known as Newberry Country. The Newberry Event brings jaw dropping live music from National touring bands, with socially conscious, positive messages, to an intimate setting, all to help with the cause, to “Defeat MS". Three days of festival fun. Twenty plus bands on two stages keeping you dancing and moving all day, then acoustic jams into the full moonlit night. Most attendees tent camp on site to not miss a thing. DiamondStone Guest Lodge hosts the event on rural acreage adjacent to Quail Run Golf Course.

Reviews: “We come from Boise each year. Front row center to some of the best musicians I've ever seen and heard. You don’t want to miss this one. Great people and vendors all around. Came as a stranger, left as a friend.”

“One of the best family gatherings on the west coast! Great music, great fun, and great people. The Newberry Event set a new standard with high fidelity sound by Sonic Solutions."

Between Sunriver and La Pine, this limited ticketed event feels like a private party. Come with a heart to raise non-profit funds to benefit the Oregon Chapter National Multiple Sclerosis Society. Tickets on sale now at NewberryEvent.com, Bendticket.com. Some of the event sponsors are Sunday Guitars, Sunriver Brewing Co., Crater Lake Distillery, Atlas Cider, Bigfoot Dist. and Brew Dr. Kombucha.

Multiple sclerosis is a disease that can keep people from moving. Rock out and dance for those who can’t, raising awareness and research funds to find the cause and develop a cure for multiple sclerosis. Don’t miss it!

Here’s the lineup for the 6th Annual Newberry Event Music & Arts Festival to Defeat MS….. Lettuce, Pimps of Joytime, Shook Twins, Con Brio, Five Alarm Funk, The Stone Foxes, HoneyHoney, John Craigie, Sammy Miller and the Congregation, Talbott Brothers, The Sextones, Normal Bean and the Love Family, Pat Simmons Jr., Deja Neaux, Jeff Pevar’s Hendrix Project, Natty Red, Bobby Lindstrom, Melody Guy, Newberry Family Band and more.

Go to www.NewberryEvent.com for more info and tickets.

https://www.newberryevent.com/

Orion Bailey, Lanny and SlyPokerDog like this.
  2. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    La Pine, eh. I designed the electrical work on a grocery store there about 30 years ago.

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  3. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee

riverman likes this.
  4. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee

riverman likes this.
  5. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    Bump.

Is going to be in the 90's through this weekend here.

Great weather for a festival by a river. :cheers:

6. Lanny

The bad part is that this weather results in many drownings.

It's also the reason for some serious fires. People die in those fires. 40 people have died in fires in Japan and 10 died in fires in S. Korea.

7. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    Just curious, do any of you know any of these bands?

I don't follow the current music trends but every year we have a bunch of great bands I've never heard of but my kids have.

8. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    Well, you're a real cup o' sunshine today. :dry:

I nearly drowned in the Wallowa River when I was 14, and watched my home burn to the ground when I was 15.

If forced to choose between the 2, I'd go with drowning every time. :cheers:

9. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    https://www.newberryevent.com/line-up-schedule/

2018 Newberry Event Musicians
    [​IMG]
    Lettuce
    Classic funk, matching their smooth and soulful grooves with a hip-hop-inspired urgency.

[​IMG]
    Pimps of Joytime
    Pimps of Joytime puts the needle in the groove with its fresh collection of 10 funk anthems ready to put a smile on faces across the globe. An intersection of Brooklyn’s indie music scene, New Orleans funk and San Francisco soul, the Pimps’ new studio release Third Wall Chronicles (Sugar Road Records: March 24, 2017) unites us around a common…

[​IMG]
    Shook Twins
    The Shook Twins emerged in 2008 with their independent debut You Can Have The Rest followed by Window and 2014’s What We Do—which garnered acclaim from USA Today and more. Organically stirring up a buzz, they engendered fandom in fellow creators such as Langhorne Slim, The Lumineers, Mason Jennings, and iconic best-selling author Neil Gaiman who claimed, “They make music…

[​IMG]
    Con Brio
    Formed in 2013, Con Brio is the offspring of seven musicians with diverse backgrounds but a shared love for the vibrant Bay Area funk and psychedelic-soul sound pioneered by groups like Sly & the Family Stone. By 2015, when the band self-produced their debut EP, Kiss the Sun, Con Brio had already become a West Coast institution on the strength…

[​IMG]
    Five Alarm Funk

[​IMG]
    The Stone Foxes

[​IMG]
    HONEYHONEY

[​IMG]
    John Craigie
    Renowned for his eloquent Americana style, engaging live shows, and off-the-cuff clever observations, John Craigie carries on the legacy of classic singer-songwriters, while blazing a trail of his own. His fifth full-length album, No Rain, No Rose boasted two collaborations with Gregory Alan Isakov, namely “Highway Blood” and “I Am California.” The latter quickly cracked 500K Spotify streams and counting.…

[​IMG]
    The Talbott Brothers
    The Talbott Brothers are a Portland based duo composed of brothers Nick and Tyler Talbott. Born and raised in Imperial, a small town in Southwestern Nebraska, they began writing and performing together in the summer of 2012 before relocating to Portland, OR. Forming an alternative blend of folk, rock and blues, The Talbott Brothers creatively combine blood harmonies with storytelling…

[​IMG]
    The Sextones
    Viciously executed soul compositions and white-knuckle driving funk.

[​IMG]
    Sammy Miller and The Congregation
    We play joyful jazz -- music that feels good. It is a style that entertains, enriches, but most of all uplifts.

[​IMG]
    Normal Bean Band
    Friday, 7/21, 2:15-3:45 p.m.. Normal Bean and Merry Pranksters with George Walker. Hailing from the Eugene, OR area, Normal Bean has become a favorite at the deadhead & national Jam-band Scene, sporting Tom Constanten (Grateful Dead) & Cecil PNut Daniels (Widespread Panic) as part of the band. From classic Hippie tunes to The Band's New Originals, the songs twist around…

[​IMG]
    Pat Simmons Jr.
    An acoustic based, island-style folk singer from Maui, Pat Simmons Jr. carries a message of aloha through his simple and groovy songs. His most recent release, This Mountain, was nominated for 2 Na Hoku Hanohano awards. The E.P. was a collaborative effort with his father, Pat Simmons Sr. (of The Doobie Brothers), featuring local artists including Keali'i Reichel.

[​IMG]
    Deja Neaux
    Déjà Neaux (dā-ˌzhä-nᵫ̅) is a Fusion band out of Rogue Valley, Oregon. Familiar Yet Fresh; we reinterpret Jazz, Funk, R&B, & Soul tunes with tight grooves.

[​IMG]
    Jeff Pevar Hendrix Project
    Jeff Pevar is a guitarist, composer, producer, performer and multi-instrumentalist who has brought his unique style on stage and/or in the studio to such world renowned artists as Crosby, Stills & Nash, Ray Charles, James Taylor, Jimmy Webb, Carly Simon, Kenny Loggins, Joe Cocker, Jefferson Starship, Phil Lesh and Friends, Marc Cohn, Jennifer Warnes, Laura Nyro, David Foster, Rickie Lee…

[​IMG]
    Natty Red
    Soulful acoustic music Natty Red, the soulful acoustic collaboration between Jason "Big Red" Schweitzer and Nat Berliner, began with backyard bonfires on warm Bend summer nights. The duo quickly spread across local venues, bringing along their upbeat, emotionally charged originals, and spicing up their set with unique takes on everything from Nina Simone to Milky Chance. Jason formerly performed with…

[​IMG]
    Bobby Lindstrom
    Deep soulful blues, rock and riveting original songs. "He is a high energy, blues influenced rock 'n roller at the top of his game." His full soul is fast becoming known and welcomed as "one of the most prolific singer/songwriters in America".

[​IMG]
    Melody Guy
    Uniquely gifted songwriter and performer. Melody currently tours the country as a troubadour, visiting fans and weaving tales that resonate with music lovers across a wide range of styles. Her live performances with her band have garnered even more attention, sharing the stage with Keith Urban, The Avett Brothers, Leon Russell and Tanya Tucker.

[​IMG]
    The Newberry Family Band
    The house band for The Newberry Event Festival to Defeat MS, a rotating, changing group of great folk whose talents and involvements are greatly appreciated

[​IMG]
    Ubiquitous
    The Ubiquitous Experience is a musical project created by founder and frontman Aloysius Murphy, infusing psychedelic blues with soulful folk rock. The band is a free flowing group of musicians that never takes a solid formation. Like water flows, the poetic prose painted across audible canvas, brings comfort to the ears, reminding us that we are not alone...yet we are…

riverman likes this.
  10. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Ive neverheard of any of them but most seem to be on the folksy side.

11. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    riverman likes this.
  12. riverman

riverman Writing Team

I know Jeff Pevar's work as a sideman...tasteful guitarist..have a lot of recordings he's played on but nothing under his own name as a leader..he plays on almost every David Crosby solo album and Crosby and Nash albums...Micheal Hedges did as well but recently passed away...I've also listened to him on James Taylors recordings and Kenny Loggins solo stuff..guy gets around

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
    SlyPokerDog likes this.
  13. Lanny

I'd also go with drowning if forced to choose.

I was trying to point out the importance of dealing with Global Warming and not depress people. I apologize if it came across wrong.

I nearly drowned in the Coos river when I was 27 while fishing for winter steelhead. Had on chest waders when my buddy hit a rock and dumped our boat in that icy water. To this day I favor outlawing chest waders.

My father drowned in the lower Deschutes river in 1968 near a town called Maupin near a Shearer's bridge landmark. That got me home from Vietnam early and might have saved my life since I had just volunteered to be a door gunner on a helicopter in the middle of the Tet Offensive. My younger brother was with my father when he died and had to ride home in the same ambulance.