Just came back from game

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by dpc, Nov 15, 2008.

1. dpc

dpc BBF refugee

Man that was a roller coaster of emotions game. Was riding high after the first quarter with 27 points, and then that second quarter was horrible. It was just ugly. The crowd didn't really get into it until the 4th when Portland started coming back, early in the 4th.

Pretty big cheer for Pryz when he was announced, but sadly, no cheer for Oden when he came in.

The crowd really turned against Foye when he bone headedily double dribbled. People were screaming at him after that one.

In the 4th, or maybe late 3rd, when Oden got the ball open and slammed it home, right when he caught that pass the crowd just all said "oh shit". The moment he touched the ball everyone in that building knew what was going to happen.

Quote of the night is from a 4 year old behind me. "Dad you know what I like about this place? I can be as loud as I want"

And as mentioned in the other thread, I made a sign for MB and Rice and showed up early. I went down to the court and Rice was talking and I held the sign. Barrett waived at me and gave a one minute signal. Then they shot both my mom and I for a few seconds. Props to HCP, meant a lot. I'll add more if I remmeber later. Tired as you can imagine.

2. MAS RipCity

MAS RipCity Mercy, Mercy

I saw a guy behind the Portland basket in the 2nd half stand up when Roy flushed it, was that you? White Roy Jersey over the top of a hoodie seemed like.

3. Nikolokolus

Nikolokolus There's always next year

Well apparently he was the only Wolves fan who felt that way, because it sure sounded as quiet as a funeral parlor in there all through the game; even when Minny was up by 12. I guess a six game losing streak will do that to people, they must have sensed the wolves would crumple like a tin can in the fourth quarter.

4. dpc

dpc BBF refugee

yeah the place was really quiet. My uncle is a big shot who works there at the Target center and he told me that they expected like 7,000 people there that night.

And no MAS I don't think that was me. I had a white Oden jersey up. I was behind the hoop a few rows back though.. and when he stole it I stood up and started yelling at him to run towards me and was like waving him towards me.

5. dpc

dpc BBF refugee

Oh and Al killed us as you all probably know. Everytime he got it I just sighed and hoped for the best. He had a great game. Great spin move on Pryz late in the fourth.

How did the block from Oden on Love look on tv?

6. maxiep

maxiep RIP Dr. Jack

Merchant Banker
    Depressing...if you're a member of the Love family watching from LO.

7. julius

julius Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

singer songwriter
    I think Minnesota is where we were 3 years ago. Same with the Sonics*. I hope to never go back there. Ever.

8. ehizzy3

ehizzy3 RIP mgb

how is kevin doing against other teams? he looks horrible against us

9. Minstrel

Minstrel Top Of The Pops Global Moderator

User Interface Designer
    And they're there with Pritchard and probably without the coming fortune to get the top pick when one of the great big man pospects is available.

Good luck to them...

10. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

dpc nice work on the sign. MB and Rice both said they thought it was cool! You are one of the few people I've ever seen from this place. I know ZagsFan and ZachAddy. Sorry I couldn't come out to meet you, but we did put you in the show.. By the way everybody, dpc looks like a serial killer!

11. DaRizzle

DaRizzle BLAKER

man...thats the one thing im envious of...The Blazers seem like such a tight knit community...nothing like that with the Lakers

12. THE HCP

Sorry man, but your avatar.......... your sister was not that hot when I used to hit it!

13. DaRizzle

DaRizzle BLAKER

you ruined her

14. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    Thanks for the report, dpc. That double dribble was awesome. I rewound and played it again. Glad you got to see us win. I was there for the win last year and that was a tight game too that I think Minnesota led for most of the game.

15. THE HCP

Eric, you need to come see us on the road. Oh never mind, if I remember correctly, we lost every game you came to!

16. Masbee

Masbee -- Rookie of the Year

I know it's been done over and over already, but this is so classic in the annals of modern NBA rosters:

Just look at this season starting lineup for the 05-06 Season:

Telfair, C. Smith, Miles, Randolph, Joel

We had 32 different starting lineups, but the one with the most starts:

Blake, Dixon, Khryapa, Zach, Joel

Zach was coming off microfracture and had a poor season. Joel didn't make it through the whole season. Miles only got through half the year after playing injured. Joel and Blake were the "best" players on that team, but we traded Blake and Joel was injury plagued.

In addition to that stellar starting lineup the Blazers had one of the worst benches around.

That team was last in Offense, last in Defense, worst record, and last in attendance. Arena in bankruptcy. The lowest point in Blazer history.

We would go into the draft with only the #4 pick in the lottery, having been screwed by the gods of the lottery.

How could that pile of crap be turned into this?:

Blake/Sergio/Bayless
    Roy/Rudy
    Webster/Batum
    Aldridge/Outlaw/Frye
    Oden/Joel

Joel was kept and Blake was brought back and are the same. Outlaw and Webster were kept and have improved with seasoning. The rest is trading/drafting. Except for Oden (payback for 05) all the important picks were trades - often money driven for the other side. Telfair for Roy, Zach for Rudy and Frye. Bayless, Batum, Sergio. Amazing.

17. MrJayremmie

MrJayremmie Well-Known Member

Yeah, that is insane. Wow...

18. LittleAlex

LittleAlex Well-Known Member

Just looking at that old starting line-up makes my eyes sad.

19. MIXUM

MIXUM Suspended

radio/mixmaster/club jock/syndication programmer
    i thin you would have to try VERY hard to find a worst starting 5 then this......

Telfair, C. Smith, Miles, Randolph, Joel

seriously....a good college team would beat that group by ten. Infact its amazing we won over 10 games.

those times make these so much more enjoyable. when you go through hard times as a fan (as we did) it makes the winning so much more fun cause you stuck with the team through thick and thin. bandwagon fans will never know this.

btw....do you think John Nash roots for the blazers? Maybe he gets sick when he sees us winning? God...i hate that SOB. I sent him countless nasty emails and i dont regret one. That lineup up there has his finger prints all over it.

20. MIXUM

MIXUM Suspended

radio/mixmaster/club jock/syndication programmer
    Nash passes on Paul and Williams lol to take Webster. Thats all you will ever need to know about nash.

Or that he picked Telfair over Jefferson.

Or that he signed Miles to a insane contract when the guy couldnt hit a 15ft shot to save his life.

Or that he signed Zach to a maxed out deal.