JustBBall 2007 Mock Draft v1.0

Discussion in 'JBB Mock Draft 2005 - 2007' started by Shapecity, Jul 13, 2005.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

by Voodoo Child & Shapecity

[​IMG]

All season long JustBBall will modify and update the 2006 and 2007 NBA Mock Drafts. The draft order will initially be determined by the top talent at he college and international levels of basketball. A lot of guess work is put in to who will actually declare early and be eligible for the draft, and also which players we feel will return to college or stay overseas. As the official draft date approaches, the order will be determined based on the NBA standings and actual needs of those teams.

<div align="center">JBB 2007 Mock Draft</div>

<u>Round 1</u>

1) - Greg Oden - Ohio State
    2) - Josh McRoberts - Duke
    3) - Yi Jianlian - China
    4) - Thaddeus Young - High School
    5) - Kevin Durant - Texas
    6) - Julian Wright - Kansas
    7) - Shannon Brown - Michigan State
    8) - Tim Ohlbrecht - Germany
    9) - Spencer Hawes - Washington
    10) - Daniel Gibson - Texas
    11) - Darius Washington, Jr. - Memphis
    12) - Malik Hairston - Oregon
    13) - C.J. Giles - Kansas
    14) - Roman Gumenyuk - Ukraine
    15) - Rajon Rondo - Kentucky
    16) - Daequan Cook - Ohio State
    17) - Paul Harris - High School
    18) - Al Horford - Florida
    19) - Derrick Caracter - High School
    20) - Leon Powe - California Berkeley
    21) - Mustafa Shakur - Arizona
    22) - Magnum Rolle - LSU
    23) - Marcus Williams - UCONN
    24) - Damjan Rudez - Croatia
    25) - Paul Millsap - Louisiana Tech
    26) - J.R. Giddens - New Mexico
    27) - Marco Belinelli - Italy
    28) - Shagari Alleyne - Kentucky
    29) - Courtney Sims - Michigan
    30) - Shawne Williams - Memphis

<u>Round 2</u>

31) - Lester Abram - Michigan
    32) - Mike Jones - Maryland
    33) - Aaron Brooks - Oregon
    34) - Greg Brunner - Iowa
    35) - JamesOn Curry - Oklahoma State
    36) - Walter Sharpe - Mississippi State
    37) - Alando Tucker - Wisconsin
    38) - Tahirou Sani - Mali
    39) - Jared Dudley - Boston College
    40) - Rich McBride - Illinois
    41) - Dimitri Sokolov - Russia
    42) - Marshall Brown - Missouri
    43) - Damir Markota - Bosnia-Herzegovina
    44) - P.J. Tucker - Texas
    45) - Terrence Roberts - Syracuse
    46) - Lior Eliahu - Israel
    47) - Oleksiy Pecherov - Ukraine
    48) - Derek Raivio - Gonzaga
    49) - Will Blalock - Iowa State
    50) - Adam Haluska - Iowa
    51) - Sammy Mejia - DePaul
    52) - Marcus Slaughter - San Diego State
    53) - Jermareo Davidson - Alabama
    54) - Brandon Heath - San Diego State
    55) - Dion Harris - Michigan
    56) - Ikene Ibekwe - Maryland
    57) - Anthony Harris - Miami
    58) - Brent Petway - Michigan
    59) - Alexander Johnson - Florida State
    60) - Michael Thompson - North Western

2. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

It's good to see Al Horford getting some props. I'm a little surprised that you didn't mention Corey Brewer though. He started to develop a shot at the end of the season and the tournaments. He has amazing ballhawk defense and gets so many steals. He is very explosive, he just has trouble finishing.

3. Shapecity

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting GatorsowntheSEC:</div><div class="quote_post">It's good to see Al Horford getting some props. I'm a little surprised that you didn't mention Corey Brewer though. He started to develop a shot at the end of the season and the tournaments. He has amazing ballhawk defense and gets so many steals. He is very explosive, he just has trouble finishing.</div>
    Corey Brewer will be in the class of 2008 for now. [​IMG]

4. Peja King

Peja King JBB JustBBall Member

you thinks McRobertson can go as high as #2.. i see him get drafted btw 15-25...

5. Shapecity

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Peja King:</div><div class="quote_post">you thinks McRobertson can go as high as #2.. i see him get drafted btw 15-25...</div>
    Absolutely, he was the best player in the McDonald's game and is going to a great system. He's going to get national exposure playing at Duke, and plenty of hype from the biased ESPN, ACC lovers. Not to mention he's a skilled player and has great size, upside, potential and character.

6. Wink23

Wink23 JBB JustBBall Member

Doesnt J.R. Giddens go to Kansas?

7. Shapecity

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Wink23:</div><div class="quote_post">Doesnt J.R. Giddens go to Kansas?</div>
    He transferred to New Mexico after getting injured in a bar fight. He will have to sit out a year since he's transferring.

8. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Wink23:</div><div class="quote_post">Doesnt J.R. Giddens go to Kansas?</div>

He used to, but he transferred to New Mexico this summer. Check out this thread for more details -

http://www.justbball.com/forums/showthread...7510#post487510

As for Josh McRoberts, I don't understand how you can not like his game. He was the best player in all of High School basketball this year, and he has that height and athleticism that NBA scouts find so sexy. The knock on big men like Bogut has always been athleticism, but I highly doubt McRoberts gets that "stiff" label after his performance in the High School Dunk Contest. He might not put up the best numbers at Duke this year with J.J. Redick taking a lot of shots and Shelden Williams grabbing a lot of rebounds, but they'll both be gone for his Sophomore year, which is when we have him coming out. With two of the ACC's best Point Guards in DeMarcus Nelson (if you consider him one) and Greg Paulus, McRoberts should get a lot of good looks and a lot of exposure.

9. J_Ray

J_Ray JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting shapecity:</div><div class="quote_post"><div align="center">JBB 2007 Mock Draft</div>

20) - Leon Powe - California Berkeley</div>
    I like this guy because he is a awesome power forward, the only 2 thing holding him back is his knee injury, and his 6'8" size for a PF.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">21) - Mustafa Shakur - Arizona</div>
    This is where he deserves to be, most people like VC and UK take shots at him as not being a top PG, but most of the people that UK had are drafted behind him, wonder why? [​IMG] NBA scouts must like him more than SEC fans.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">33) - Aaron Brooks - Oregon</div>
    UK, I thought you said this guy was better than Shakur? [​IMG]

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">34) - Greg Brunner - Iowa</div>
    I really like this guy, I think if he had Pierre-Pierce last team, Iowa could have made the sweet sixteen.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">35) - JamesOn Curry - Oklahoma State

37) - Alando Tucker - Wisconsin</div>
    Aren't these 2 kinda low, I'm suprised Schaddy didn't jump all over you yet for Tucker. Curry has game too, he'll torch ppl in the NBA. If he didn't have legal problems, he would have been on UNC, and that would have been a even better UNC team.
    <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">48) - Derek Raivio - Gonzaga</div>
    I recall that UK said this guy is better than Shakur, if he's this low he should just stay in college.

Overall I like this draft, it's very goood except for some underclassmen that will be higher, that can go back to college to improve their stock.

10. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

Looks great, can't say much about the top 15 you guys pretty much nailed that part. I like where you guys have Leon Powe, but if he stays healthy and has a breakout next year plus another great season I can expect him maybe cracking the lottery. We saw another 6'8" power forward crack the top ten this year in Ike Diogu, I don't expect Powe to be any different. JR Giddens, if he has a great year in New Mexico, is another guy that may crack the late lottery because of his potential.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">35) - JamesOn Curry - Oklahoma State</div>

Seems a little low, I understand the whole fiasco with him and North Carolina but this kid has some great talent. Which is firmly the reason I'll expect him to go in the first round.

11. Wink23

Wink23 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Voodoo Child:</div><div class="quote_post">He used to, but he transferred to New Mexico this summer. Check out this thread for more details -

http://www.justbball.com/forums/showthread...7510#post487510

</div>

Hey thanks, wow I didn't even know about that. Kansas isn't looking too pretty next year. And a severed artery? Were they fighting with broken bottles jeez.

12. Smitty

Smitty brush em off.

Hey..wouldn't this be the 2006 Mock Draft?

13. jbbDC42315

jbbDC42315 JBB JustBBall Member

Very nice mock. I love the fact of to Ohio State guys going in the top 20. Cook is the man. I think he will be a star in the NBA.

14. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

J_Ray, you realize that I'm the one who put together this mock with Shapecity, right? So don't talk about me taking shots at Shakur and then say you like his draft position. One thing that you have to realize is that the better college player does not always equal the better professional player. Just look at guys like Mateen Cleaves and Ed Cota; two of the greatest college Point Guards of the last 15 years. Neither one made it in the NBA, yet Marvin Williams is on his way to a successful career as a former college backup.

As for Alando Tucker, I think he's in the perfect place; just outside the first round. I doubt Schaddy will have too much to say about the pick, because we actually talked on AIM, and he played a big part in convincing us that he's not NBA material. He's 6-5 and playing Power Forward. They expect him to translate his game to the Shooting Guard position overnite, but it's not an easy transition to make. That is why we do not have Tucker in the first round.

As for JamesOn Curry, he's a delinquent, and that will scare some teams. He's also undersized for a Shooting Guard at 6-3 and has yet to prove he can play the Point Guard position with consistency. Those are two primary factors that put him in the second round, and there was just too much talent ahead of him. Don't sleep on Aaron Brooks or Mike Jones. Those are two players that can push the lottery with great seasons.

15. J_Ray

J_Ray JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Voodoo Child:</div><div class="quote_post">J_Ray, you realize that I'm the one who put together this mock with Shapecity, right? So don't talk about me taking shots at Shakur and then say you like his draft position. One thing that you have to realize is that the better college player does not always equal the better professional player. Just look at guys like Mateen Cleaves and Ed Cota; two of the greatest college Point Guards of the last 15 years. Neither one made it in the NBA, yet Marvin Williams is on his way to a successful career as a former college backup.

As for Alando Tucker, I think he's in the perfect place; just outside the first round. I doubt Schaddy will have too much to say about the pick, because we actually talked on AIM, and he played a big part in convincing us that he's not NBA material. He's 6-5 and playing Power Forward. They expect him to translate his game to the Shooting Guard position overnite, but it's not an easy transition to make. That is why we do not have Tucker in the first round.

As for JamesOn Curry, he's a delinquent, and that will scare some teams. He's also undersized for a Shooting Guard at 6-3 and has yet to prove he can play the Point Guard position with consistency. Those are two primary factors that put him in the second round, and there was just too much talent ahead of him. Don't sleep on Aaron Brooks or Mike Jones. Those are two players that can push the lottery with great seasons.</div>

Well first of all, I'm sorry if I offended you in any way. Next I was referring to UK more than you, because he had a list of PG's that are better. Well if Schaddy says so, I guess so. He knows more about Tucker than I do. As for Jameson Curry, delinquent? He has matured and hasn't caused a problem since HS. When your given a 2nd chance by a great like Eddie Sutton, you better listen and not cause trouble or your back outside on the street looking in. And since when has AI been too small to play SG, the size facter is not right to players. You can the best PF for just being 6-11, the but the PF that could be an awesome player will be picked 50th because they're undersized. I just hate the fact they go by size. Maxiell was PF that's 6'6" drafted so high, he wasn't even the best undersized PF in the draft. I think Mike Wilkinson and Lawerence Roberts were the best undersized PF. I knew Roberts was going to be steal that late. He dominated college ball with ease. He was a first rounder if he came out last year. Then people like Chris Taft, Ronny Turiaf, and Jason Maxiell were picked before Roberts. Teams actually should get a hardworking player instead of a 6-10 play that's a gamble that doesn't even try. So the point is if Jameson Curry has enough heart and will to play, he'll be a first-rounder without moving to PG.

16. Shapecity

UK's list was focused on better college players, not who would be the better NBA guard was it not?

JamesOn Curry also benefitted from playing with James Lucas (and vice versa). Let's see how he does with defenses more focused on him this year. Also look at a player like Salim Stoudemire. He was 1st round material, but questions about work ethic and his size hurt his draft stock.

17. playmaker15

playmaker15 JBB Droppin Dimes

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting shapecity:</div><div class="quote_post">James Lucas </div>

It's John Lucas lol

18. Shapecity

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting playmaker31:</div><div class="quote_post">It's John Lucas lol</div>
    Yeah that guy. [​IMG]

19. mustafa_shakur

mustafa_shakur JBB JustBBall Member

Is it just me or does the 2007 talent overwhelm the 2006 talent?

20. hollisbeenhosed

hollisbeenhosed JBB JustBBall Member

10 is wayyy too low for daniel gibson, as he will be a top 5-7 pick in 2006, and prbly a top 3 if he were to stick around fer 2007