KG

Discussion in 'Minnesota Timberwolves' started by Shapecity, Mar 9, 2003.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

He rebounded well from the Laker game with a triple double tonight. Close game, I hope the T-Wolves lose so the Lakers can move closer to getting the 5th seed.

2. steviefranchise

steviefranchise JBB JustBBall Member

KG's showin' the world that he's worth the MVP, gettin' a triple-double just helps him out even more.......

Who's more all-around now, KG, or Tim Duncan? :twisted:

3. Damian Necronamous

Damian Necronamous JBB JustBBall Member

Yeah, I'd say that's a nice way to rebound from their last loss. LOL

4. LaBballFan

LaBballFan JBB JustBBall Member

KG can't play against Mad Dog [​IMG]

He posted another triple double.
    Kobe and Kidd were also close.

My choise is obvious

<font size="18">KG MVP</font>

5. SCBrian

SCBrian JBB JustBBall Member

kobe was quoted in the LA times today as saying that he would vote for KG as the mvp...

he really admires KG...and i agree with Kobe on that...KG has been the most valuable to his team this season...

6. Alley-oop

Alley-oop JBB JustBBall Member

KG with a triple double and the T Wolves beat the Suns. Without KG the wolves would be dust. KG for MVP.

7. olskoolfunktitude

olskoolfunktitude JBB The Pig Pirate

the real mvp is jason Kidd. without him the Nets are a last place team. KG is putting up better numbers and leading his team but they wouldnt be quite as helpless withoout him. kobe wont get the award. without him the lakers wouldnt be any different as long as tghey have shaq. shq will get more mvp votes than kobe thats a promise

8. SCBrian

"shq will get more mvp votes than kobe thats a promise"

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

http://espn.go.com/nba/columns/stein_marc/1521156.html

i think that if the Lakers win the playoffs...Shaq will be the finals MVP...but Kobe will definitely have more votes for regular season MVP than Shaq...unless Kobe starts slumping and playing really crappy for the last 21 games and Shaq is just insane...

9. olskoolfunktitude

olskoolfunktitude JBB The Pig Pirate

look, what was the lakers record without shaq? REALLY REALLY BAD!! kobe cant win withoutt him. its been proven time and time again. yet when shaqs there for an exteneded period of time, they win. hes that dominant. the voters are a lot smarter than you believe me and they will relize that.

10. vinsanity03

vinsanity03 JBB JustBBall Member

ya, shaw makes his team win, he should be a candidate, but hes not and kobe is :?

11. SCBrian

Shaq's only votes will come in as 'write-in' votes...Kobe has already guaranteed himself a slot on the 5 man ballot...Shaq won't be on it...

and yah the voters may know more about basketball than i do...but one of those voters...listed Kobe as his number 1 and Shaq as his number 10...and a lot of others have listed Kobe and KG as their runaway favorites with Duncan and T-mac following behind...

go read the link...geez why do u even try to argue? Kobe can carry a team that is running an offense GEARED AROUND HIM when Shaq is out...he showed this when Shaq went out last time...but the version of the triangle offense that the Lakers were running int eh beginning of the season ran through a pivot man (when Shaq was out this was Samaki Walker)...not to mention Fox was out for the first 6 games of the season and i don't think Kobe had completely adjusted to his new physical form (having added 15lbs of muscle can affect someone's game u know)...and then shortly after Fox was out, George went down as well...leaving the Lakers with a starting lineup on some nights that looked like Fisher, Shaw, Kobe, Slava, Samaki...PLEASE try to tell me that Fisher, Shaw, Slava, and Samaki are better than the supporting casts of T-Mac, KG, etc...

their schedule went like this:

Spurs - Blazers - Clippers (win) - Blazers (win) - Cavs - Celts (overtime loss) - Wizards (1pt loss) - Hawks - Warriors (win) - Rockets - Mavs - Spurs

so take a team like the Magic...they are 0-2 vs the Blazers this year...Kobe by himself with a weaker supporting cast was 1-1 vs them, they lost to the Celts in overtime, thats another team that has proven capable of beating t-mac and the Magic, 2 losses to the spurs...thats nothing to be ashamed of, a loss to the mavs, same thing...they prolly shouldnt have lost to the cavs, or the wizards (i believe that was the game where Stackhouse had that wide open dunk at the buzzer which should have never happened, mental mistake)...etc. but overall the Lakers played at least 5 games that the Magic or the Wolves would not be favored to win...the loss to the Cavs was pretty unacceptable - but other than that you were talking about a TRUE one man team...that worst of all, wasnt even supposed to be a one man team trying to play an offense that wasn't geared around him...

Jackson changed the style - and Kobe flourished, even when Shaq was out...

12. jjdaman20

jjdaman20 BBW Member

a triple double is hard man

13. steviefranchise

steviefranchise JBB JustBBall Member

the closest i've came to a triple double is 14 points, 6 rebounds, 3 assists.......OF COURSE IT'S HARD!!!!!!

lol, just playin' man, triple doubles are hard though, whether your in high school, NBA, or college, getting a triple double is a feat that only the greatest can accomplish......

14. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

he had 33 17 and 7 tonight i think :shock: AMAZING.....

15. jjdaman20

jjdaman20 BBW Member

imagine averaging a triple double....I'd pay to have stats checked

16. dee still ballin

dee still ballin JBB JustBBall Member

Didnt Oscar Robertson average a Triple Double back in the day?

17. Phi_Slamma_Jamma

Phi_Slamma_Jamma JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "steviefranchise":</div><div class="quote_post">the closest i've came to a triple double is 14 points, 6 rebounds, 3 assists.......OF COURSE IT'S HARD!!!!!!

lol, just playin' man, triple doubles are hard though, whether your in high school, NBA, or college, getting a triple double is a feat that only the greatest can accomplish......</div>

wow you guys must suck. I do one atleast three times a day. sometimes four

18. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

i have had about 3 triple doubles this season..in my local streetball league 8)

19. VinsanityMK

VinsanityMK JBB JustBBall Member

i've had my share as well. [​IMG]

20. jmantic15

jmantic15 JBB JustBBall Member

kgs definately got mvp he doesnt have much support other than hudson and szerbiak even the wally has been mediocre this year