Kidd trade unlikely in the off-season

Discussion in 'Brooklyn Nets' started by NewYorkBalla33, May 17, 2007.

1. NewYorkBalla33

NewYorkBalla33 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Rod Thorn was running through his summer list of "Things To Do" before Game 5 against the Cavaliers last night, and two things of interest -- pertaining to Jason Kidd and Nenad Krstic -- came up.

The Nets president didn't exactly put a "Do Not Disturb" sign on his star point guard, but in response to speculation that Kidd could be shopped again this summer, he made it fairly clear that someone is going to have to come to him and blow him away with an offer. Generally speaking, he doesn't foresee anything worth blowing it up, which a Kidd trade would ignite.

"I really don't think so," Thorn said when asked whether he would repeat the trade-deadline exercise of exploring Kidd's market value. "I think we already know what's out there. The only (major) change really depends on what happens with Vince (Carter)."

Thorn continues to insist that Carter wants to test the free-agent market, even though Carter has told agent Kurt Schoeppler to start working on an extension with the Nets. One snag with that: He wants Paul Pierce money (three years, $60 million), and the Nets aren't ready to come off three years and $45 million.

So why does Thorn continue to insist Carter wants his freedom, even though both sides have a number in mind? "Well, a number is a number," Thorn said with a laugh. </div>

Source

2. NJNetz

NJNetz BBW Banned

At Kidd's request would be the only time that I would ever trade him. Why would you want to give him up, he's everything you need in a point guard? 34 and still kicking ass.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">
    One snag with that: He wants Paul Pierce money (three years, $60 million), and the Nets aren't ready to come off three years and $45 million. </div>
    [​IMG]

3. Legacy

Legacy Beast

I hope he gets a ring before he retires, but I want to keep him also. But if it's for a ring, you got to send the guy to a team who has a legitimate chance, and not a lottery team. He has done too much for this franchise, we should pull an Allen Iverson and trade him out of respect.

4. STC

STC JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Legacy Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I hope he gets a ring before he retires, but I want to keep him also. But if it's for a ring, you got to send the guy to a team who has a legitimate chance, and not a lottery team. He has done too much for this franchise, we should pull an Allen Iverson and trade him out of respect.</div>

AI also wanted out of Philly badly. That's not the case with Kidd.

But you gotta think about the future. Kidd's value has really risen in this years playoffs. I'm sure their are a few teams that think they are very close to winning a championship and would love to have Kidd. It's definately something to think about.