Kidd wont report to Portland

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Mamba, Dec 8, 2004.

1. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Jason Kidd still prefers a trade to staying with the New Jersey Nets, but if the Nets trade him to Portland, the All-Star guard will not report to the Trail Blazers, a source close to Kidd told ESPN.com on Wednesday.

</div>

Sorry if this has been posted.

Full Article

2. CeltsMan54

CeltsMan54 JBB JustBBall Member

You know, usually I would tell a player who is going to be traded that they have to be a professional no matter what happens or where they are sent. Add to that the fact that I am not a Jason Kidd fan and you would think my reaction would be one of disgust. Its not.
    After Jason Kidd took the organization at it word that they would strive to remain competitive (I understand its not the same owners, but frankly the fact they were trying to sell the team should have come up) and stayed with the Nets over the Spurs, they promptly traded away one of its brightest stars in Kenyon Martin (another guy I don't like, but I respect his talent) and several other key guys in an attempt to save money. I think that Kidd has every right to be a thorn in their side and have final say over where he ends up.

3. Stockton

Stockton JBB

Jason Kidd has had a great career so far, and if he wants to be traded, he deserves a say in where he goes. Kidd has his reasons for not wanting to go to Portland, and the Nets should respect them for all he has given to that franchise.

4. KBC

KBC JBB JustBBall Member

What CeltsMan said is true. The team basically took back their word. They didn't do what they were supposed to and now the whole team is upset. Kidd should've gone to the Spurs, but saw a better opputunity to stay put and play for the Nets. Now he's mad, and respectively so.

Too bad he won't report to the Blazers though. That would've been cool had he been on our team.

5. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

I suggest taking his contract money and pay it to a hitman that will kill him if he will not play - Vick Mackey style. [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. DMiles4MVP

DMiles4MVP JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rod:</div><div class="quote_post">I suggest taking his contract money and pay it to a hitman that will kill him if he will not play - Vick Mackey style. [​IMG] [​IMG]</div>

if the Nets traded him to Port, he'd play eventually, when his pockets got skinny he'd have to play. look @ reef, all of a sudden he uses WE WE WE when referring to the Blazers, and is proud to be a part of the team. weird huh?

but on a side note, any1 notice Ruben doin the D-Miles salute the other night, seems like they are gettin along great, most would think they wouldn't be due to them fighting each other for playing time.

go blazers

7. Jurassic

Jurassic Trend Setter

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting DMiles4MVP:</div><div class="quote_post">any1 notice Ruben doin the D-Miles salute the other night, seems like they are gettin along great, most would think they wouldn't be due to them fighting each other for playing time.</div>

Yeah I noticed Ruben doing it. I've also noticed that Dmiles hasn't been doing it lately.

8. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting DMiles4MVP:</div><div class="quote_post">if the Nets traded him to Port, he'd play eventually, when his pockets got skinny he'd have to play. look @ reef, all of a sudden he uses WE WE WE when referring to the Blazers, and is proud to be a part of the team. weird huh?

but on a side note, any1 notice Ruben doin the D-Miles salute the other night, seems like they are gettin along great, most would think they wouldn't be due to them fighting each other for playing time.

go blazers</div>

Yea D-Miles and Qyntel Woods toke Ruben and Zach out alot and made them friends last year,i wont call it a salute though - all he's doing is banging his fists on his head.