Kings have no chance in the playoffs!

Discussion in 'Sacramento Kings' started by Lakers4ever, Apr 13, 2004.

1. Lakers4ever

Lakers4ever JBB JustBBall Member

Ok lets be reasonable here, Kings go down in the playoffs every season and this season is no exception. Sacramento haven't proved themselves ever in the playoffs. The Kings are an all talk no game team. Sure they can beat the Lakers in a regular season series but when it comes to the playoffs the Kings choke and we all know it's true. The teams to beat are Minnesota, San Antonio and, The Lakers. Minnesota's proof is there impressive season play as well as having the best record in the NBA. San Antonio are the defending champs and they prove themselves every season that they can beat the Lakers in the playoffs as well as the regular season. Obviously tha lakers have the best team on paper and lets not forget their 4 veteran Hall of Famers who know how to play in the playoffs, lakers always play a whole different game when it comes to the playoffs. The Kings (AKA Shaq's Queens) are not going anywhere in the playoffs. Everyone should join me in counting out the Kings right now.

2. cula

cula JBB JustBBall Member

- Spurs - I'll buy your comments.
    - Timbervolves - " Evidence to prove these aren't Wolves of old? KG (the MVP) and Co. are 8-4 against Spurs, Lakers and Kings." refer to here.
    - Lakers - this season and last season they have been just about as up down as the Kings. Beat strong team, lose to weaker team.
    - Kings - it's obvious to all of us that they are having a tough end to the season, that was rather consistent before Webber's return.

3. Bez Koske

Bez Koske JBB JustBBall Member

I beg to differ.

4. Chucksta

Chucksta JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Lakers4ever:</div><div class="quote_post">Ok lets be reasonable here, Kings go down in the playoffs every season and this season is no exception. Sacramento haven't proved themselves ever in the playoffs. The Kings are a all talk no game team. Sure they can beat the Lakers in a regular season series but when it comes to the playoffs the Kings choke and we all know it's true. The teams to beat are Minnesota, San Antonio and, The Lakers. Minnesota's proof is there impressive season play as well as having the best record in the NBA. San Antonio are the defending champs and they prove themselves every season that they can beat the Lakers in the playoffs as well as the regular season. Obviously tha lakers have the best team on paper and lets not forget their 4 veteran Hall of Famers who know how to play in the playoffs, lakers always play a whole different game when it comes to the playoffs. The Kings (AKA Shaq's Queens) are not going anywhere in the playoffs. Everyone should join me in counting out the Kings right now.</div>

I would almost say he's a little biased [​IMG]

5. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

If past playoff successes is the reason Kings have no chance in the playoffs why have you included the Wolves as one of the team's to beat? they choke every year. You mention the Wolves regular season record as proof they are one of the teams to beat yet you say Kings are only a great regular season team

Your logic is screwed up.

6. Emo

Emo Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Lakers4ever:</div><div class="quote_post">Ok lets be reasonable here, Kings go down in the playoffs every season and this season is no exception. Sacramento haven't proved themselves ever in the playoffs. The Kings are a all talk no game team. Sure they can beat the Lakers in a regular season series but when it comes to the playoffs the Kings choke and we all know it's true. The teams to beat are Minnesota, San Antonio and, The Lakers. Minnesota's proof is there impressive season play as well as having the best record in the NBA. San Antonio are the defending champs and they prove themselves every season that they can beat the Lakers in the playoffs as well as the regular season. Obviously tha lakers have the best team on paper and lets not forget their 4 veteran Hall of Famers who know how to play in the playoffs, lakers always play a whole different game when it comes to the playoffs. The Kings (AKA Shaq's Queens) are not going anywhere in the playoffs. Everyone should join me in counting out the Kings right now.</div>

SHHHHH!!!!!! What are you trying to do?? Jinx us??? [​IMG]

7. Avery

Avery JBB IDIOT!! GOSH!!!

Kings will get out of the first round without a doubt. And most likely they will end up playing the Spurs in the second round. But you guys better not sleep on the Spurs. The Spurs has been KILLING it lately. While the Kings have been slacking off BIG TIME. Same goes for the Lakers. They will get out of the first round. And most likely they will play the T'Wolves in the secound. Thats another team that has been tearing it up lately. While Lakers has been slacking off just like the Kings. So to all you Kigns and Laker fans. Dont be too confident...

8. hungi1115

hungi1115 JBB JustBBall Member

if the kings play rockets they will win.
    if they play dallas they will LOSE!!

9. cula

cula JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting hungi1115:</div><div class="quote_post">if the kings play rockets they will win.
    if they play dallas they will LOSE!!</div>

pretty bold statement. care to give an argument rather than stating opinion?

10. mydi619

mydi619 JBB JustBBall Member

haha, i knwo the kings thrive in their homecourt but since they lost this game I'm relying on the Lakers losing against the blazer.... anyone watching this... its in 2OT right now.

11. AIFan

AIFan JBB JustBBall Member

well, kings blew it. the lost to golden state and LA pulled out a squeaker against Portland in double OT, looks like Sac will be the 4th seed in the West

12. notmuchgame

notmuchgame JBB JustBBall Member

I gotta say I'm stunned that the Kings choked...

But I think Dallas is weaker than Houston, so its not all bad for the Kings...In addition, they aviod the Spurs in the second round...

13. King James X3

King James X3 JBB JustBBall Member

Wow, it's interesting to see how many fans throw away The King's chances just because they slid trying to rework Webber into the lineup. I'd like to see how many hop back on the band wagon if The Kings starting rolling in the playoffs. You know we'll be hearing the whole, "Kings have been my team all year" speeches from alot of people.

I'm confident The Kings can beat Dallas. First off, Kings are tremendous at home and it's alot better than going on the road to Dallas. Secondly Dallas still has no answer to Chris Webber, 100% or not, Brad Miller, or Vlade Divac. The Kings can run with Dallas, they have the ability to play alot better defense as we saw against LA sunday, they have inside and outside ability, and they are a more physical team. Honestly, what does Dallas have that gives them the edge against SACRAMENTO? Besides rebounding, I can't think of anything else, Sacramento has them beat or just about tied in just about every statistical catagory.

14. eginobili20

eginobili20 JBB JustBBall Member

im confident king can win Dallas although they havent been that consistent these days, Dallas suck in defense (kings re not that good either) but ?m sure theyll win them with their offense.

15. theclown1

theclown1 JBB JustBBall Member

Kings are a great team when they play the Lakers but Dallas isnt the same.

I think Kings will have much trouble controlling the Mavs.

16. Erin

Erin JBB JustBBall Member

Kings in 7 games. Amen.

17. mydi619

mydi619 JBB JustBBall Member

Well what are he chances of the Kings playing the T-Wolves this playoffs. I think the Kings will have the most trouble this playoffs against them, knowing how good they are. Although the Lakers don't seem like I threat, I also think the Kings will have a hard time against them since The Lakers play well under pressure, unlike the Kings who choke in clutch situations. It was a shame to see Peja choke in the Conf Finals 2 yrs ago, hopefully he'll overcome those nerves... and C-webb has to also. I have no problem with Bibby though... he's my hero!

18. Emo

Emo Active Member

It's plain and simple....

The Kings have shown time and time again they are chokers. They had the most easiest task to do. Beat the Warriors, and you're the #2 seed. They couldn't do it. With Kobe's miraculous shot breaking the hearts of the Kings and their fans, slipping to the #4 seed is a dangerous spot to be in. Now these two teams match up so well. They don't play defense and they use their transitional game to their advantage. With Chris Webber easily being the weaklink of that Kings frontcourt, Rick Adelman is gonna wish he never put Webber ahead of Brad Miller. So I'm going with the upset, and another long, tough offseason for the Sacramento Kings. Mavericks in 6.

19. $actown Dyme

$actown Dyme JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Laker_Fever_834:</div><div class="quote_post">It's plain and simple....

The Kings have shown time and time again they are chokers. They had the most easiest task to do. Beat the Warriors, and you're the #2 seed. They couldn't do it. With Kobe's miraculous shot breaking the hearts of the Kings and their fans, slipping to the #4 seed is a dangerous spot to be in. Now these two teams match up so well. They don't play defense and they use their transitional game to their advantage. With Chris Webber easily being the weaklink of that Kings frontcourt, Rick Adelman is gonna wish he never put Webber ahead of Brad Miller. So I'm going with the upset, and another long, tough offseason for the Sacramento Kings. Mavericks in 6.</div>

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Laker_Fever834:</div><div class="quote_post">SHHHHH!!!!!! What are you trying to do?? Jinx us???</div>

[​IMG]

20. $actown Dyme

$actown Dyme JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Laker_Fever_834:</div><div class="quote_post">It's plain and simple....

The Kings have shown time and time again they are chokers. They had the most easiest task to do. Beat the Warriors, and you're the #2 seed. They couldn't do it. With Kobe's miraculous shot breaking the hearts of the Kings and their fans, slipping to the #4 seed is a dangerous spot to be in. Now these two teams match up so well. They don't play defense and they use their transitional game to their advantage. With Chris Webber easily being the weaklink of that Kings frontcourt, Rick Adelman is gonna wish he never put Webber ahead of Brad Miller. So I'm going with the upset, and another long, tough offseason for the Sacramento Kings. Mavericks in 6.</div>

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">SHHHHH!!!!!! What are you trying to do?? Jinx us???</div>

[​IMG]