King's Ranking in the West.

Discussion in 'Sacramento Kings' started by kb8gw32003, Sep 2, 2003.

1. kb8gw32003

kb8gw32003 JBB Banned Member

Where will we rank in the west?

I am jw where my fellow Kings fans think that our beloved Kings will place in the powerhouse western conference. I can see us somewhere in the top 5. I think the standings will be:
    1.lakers
    2.spurs
    3.kings or mavs
    4.kings or mavs
    5.timberwovles

That is just my predictions before we actually see them play. I am probably wrong cuz i don't do good guessing where everyone will end up in the end. Pleez tell me what u think bout it and where u think everyone places! [​IMG]

2. kb8gw32003

Were all my kings fans???

3. twolvefan11

twolvefan11 JBB Banned Member

My take:

1.Lakers:To much fire power to overcome. There might be some early chemistry problems, but I think they can pull it all together. They are the favorite even if they did lose Kobe(which is unlikely).

2.Spurs: Defending champs, and a better lineup than last year. I see them losing the #1 seed to the Lakers by 3 games at the most. But they lost a leader in David Robinson, so it might affect how they play a little.

3.Timberwolves: No, it's not a homer pick, they also have a stacked lineup much like the Lakers. They are on track to get past the first round, and I don't see how they can't with five potential All-Stars in the lineup and a favorite for the Sixth Man of the Year. This team will be fun to watch.

4.Kings: C-Webb being out early in the season will hurt them a little and will have to play catchup, but I think they can make up a little ground. Also look foward to Gerald Wallace for a breakout year, averaging around 10 points off the bench.

5.Mavericks: Would have been a top 3 team, but everyone else improved over the summer except the Mavs. Antawn Jamison won't make a lot of difference and now they lost some depth.

4. Ice

Ice JBB Member

Timberwolves are a top 3 for sure. They are loaded

5. kb8gw32003

I dunno! If they don't choke, but ur standings look reasonable

6. Hunter

Hunter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I see the Kings as the 5th place team.

1. Lakers- There is no team that can beat them when they are on. Their starters contains 4 of the greatest players to ever play the game.
    2. Spurs- Duncan is boring but boring is good in basketball. He isnt the MVP for nothing. He can single handedly dominate any game against anyone. Rasho gives them another big body to put in the lane and Parker will only improve.
    3. Wolves- They have made some of the best possible moves this offseason. Cassel, Spree, and Kandi really give this team a jump start.
    4. Mavs- The Kings are good its just that the Mavs have to much talent in Jamison, Dirk, and Nash. This team can light it up at any time. If they are hitting, the west better beware.
    5. Kings - This is where I see us. They are by no means a bad team, its just that they play in the toughest confrence with 4 other teams that can win a NBA Championship. This is Webber's team and it's success/failure is all on Webber's shoulders.

7. Ghost

Ghost BBW Member

I think kings are thrid

8. kb8gw32003

I agree! It will be fun this yr for sure to see how the west plays out this yr! I can't wait! I just hope we don't do to bad after all these already good teams upgraded to get even better!

9. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

All depends on Webber and how long he is heathly...also the status of Divac if he can still play at the high level. He is the key because of his experience..Brad Miller doesn't turn up when it counts...they need Bibby to find the form he did in 2001...but I doubt he will be that good...Bjax should be a starter but he won't be sadly....but I agree what Dexter says about the Kings seeding...I think Kings have also downgraded..even though they got Miller

But It Should be great in the west next season....Seedings are unpredictable as anything can happen..the talent is very close

10. kb8gw32003

True, true! I still can't see them doing much worse then 3rd just cuz i'm a Kings fan!lol

11. Trail_Blazer76

Trail_Blazer76 JBB JustBBall Member

You kings fans are so naive. Anyone who put the Kings at 4th seed or above doesn't know basketball. There are always plagued with injuries. Granted, Bibby's injury wasn't a big deal because Bjax is actually better than him, but still they can't stay healthy.

The Lakers, Spurs, Wolves, and Blazers, will all be higher than the Kings.

12. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Riot_Starter:</div><div class="quote_post">You kings fans are so naive. Anyone who put the Kings at 4th seed or above doesn't know basketball. There are always plagued with injuries. Granted, Bibby's injury wasn't a big deal because Bjax is actually better than him, but still they can't stay healthy.

The Lakers, Spurs, Wolves, and Blazers, will all be higher than the Kings.</div>

errr...only one Kings fan posted in this thread....I wouldn't bet on Blazers being ahead of Kings...Portland had a nightmare off-season...

13. Trail_Blazer76

How so? Because they didn't upgrad? People seem to think that excessive talent = wins. That's not true. All these teams running around adding players think that they are going to win more games, but I disagree.

It's possible that the Lakers will be a lot better, but only because they are adding verterans. Adding stat-concerned young guys won't always help, especially when they'll be expected to take a reduced/altered role.

14. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Riot_Starter:</div><div class="quote_post">How so? Because they didn't upgrad? People seem to think that excessive talent = wins. That's not true. All these teams running around adding players think that they are going to win more games, but I disagree.

It's possible that the Lakers will be a lot better, but only because they are adding verterans. Adding stat-concerned young guys won't always help, especially when they'll be expected to take a reduced/altered role.</div>

Blazers lost the one guy who did give them leadership...and a rare good guy on that team. being Scottie Pippen...Blazers havn't been better than Kings for quite a while...why will that change?

15. Trail_Blazer76

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting allnet:</div><div class="quote_post">Blazers lost the one guy who did give them leadership...and a rare good guy on that team. being Scottie Pippen...Blazers havn't been better than Kings for quite a while...why will that change?</div>

Are you from L.A. or something? First of all there are plenty of good guys on the Blazers. Derek Anderson's Ray Allenesque attitude is a prime example. Scottie never was a true pg, and while we won more games with him, he was injured when we really needed his leadership.

When comparing the Kings to the Blazers, I'll admit that CWebb neutralizes Sheed. Also that they're a better defensive team. Other than that the Blazers have the advantage. Derek Anderson is better than Christie, Bonzi better than Peja offensively and defensively(three's aren't everything), Stodamire has much more potential than Bibby (check his rookie year stats), Floppy has a better J than Davis but no post game. I could go on, but (hopefully you get the point).

And yes, the Kings have a better back-up pg.

16. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Riot_Starter:</div><div class="quote_post">Are you from L.A. or something? First of all there are plenty of good guys on the Blazers. Derek Anderson's Ray Allenesque attitude is a prime example. Scottie never was a true pg, and while we won more games with him, he was injured when we really needed his leadership.

When comparing the Kings to the Blazers, I'll admit that CWebb neutralizes Sheed. Also that they're a better defensive team. Other than that the Blazers have the advantage. Derek Anderson is better than Christie, Bonzi better than Peja offensively and defensively(three's aren't everything), Stodamire has much more potential than Bibby (check his rookie year stats), Floppy has a better J than Davis but no post game. I could go on, but (hopefully you get the point).

And yes, the Kings have a better back-up pg.</div>

Why would I be a lakers fan? anyone can tell you what I'am here..yes I missed out DA....he is a good guy and a good player..but it still doesn't change the fact Blazers aren't as good as the Kings or any of the west top 5...They were 6 last year and havn't done anything to improve...You can't compare starting 5's..as Kings have MUCH better chemistry than the Blazers...Portland just can never play as a team when it counts..there is always law trouble within that team..players getting suspended..They have the talent but never done anything good with it since 2000...Blazers might even drop to as low as 8th seed this season..with teams like Suns and Rockets coming through.

17. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

honestly, i wouldn't be surprised if the blazers fall out of the playoffs. they definetely are playoff caliber and have loads of talent, but like previous statements, they just don't have good enough chemistry.

18. nkwu

nkwu JBB shoehead

Im still not sure about thae lake show being first...its iffy in my books, but thats where they stay etnatively.

Anyawz the lsit

1-Lakeshow
    2-Spurs
    4/5-Kings & Wolves
    5-Mavs

MAvs lost depth and IMO i dont think they have imporved much, so they stay @ 5. The T-Wolves have loaded up. And tHE kings have made some ... *minor changES*. I think they are tied.

19. lunaticz06

lunaticz06 JBB JustBBall Member

1. Lakers

20. lunaticz06

lunaticz06 JBB JustBBall Member

1. Lakers
    2. Spurs
    3. timberwolves
    4. Kings
    5. dallas