Kirilenko is named player of the week

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by spark22, Mar 1, 2004.

1. spark22

spark22 JBB JustBBall MVP

AK-47 was named player of the week along with Ben Wallace. Cool honor for him, I think this was the second time this year? but i'm not forsure.

2. Linkin

Linkin JBB JustBBall Member

Yes it is the 2nd time that he was named player of the week this season.

3. Stockton

Stockton JBB

He's been of fire since the All-Star break. He's averaging like 7 more PPG. This award is no surprise to me, and if he can keep his for up could be a contender at Western player of the month.

4. Linkin

Linkin JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting tmac15:</div><div class="quote_post">He's been of fire since the All-Star break. He's averaging like 7 more PPG. This award is no surprise to me, and if he can keep his for up could be a contender at Western player of the month.</div>

He will be a Contender but he will never win it when KG is still playing.

5. TD21.

TD21. JBB JustBBall Member

as i remember before he had much more spread out numbers...something like 12 pts, 7 boards, 4 blocks, 3 steals, 3 assists...at the beginning of the season. now its more like 24 points, 9 boards, 2 blocks, 1 steal, 2 assists. tonight reminded me of his old stat lines.

6. Stockton

Stockton JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Just-Magic:</div><div class="quote_post">He will be a Contender but he will never win it when KG is still playing.</div>

He will have a chance, a few things need to go his way like a sub par month from KG. KG isn't going to win every player of the month, so it's possible, even though I don't like the chances. But if Luscious(sp?) Harris can get the Eastern one(last season), then AK47 can get it.

Here is the link http://www.nba.com/news/pow_040301.html

The Detroit Pistons? Ben Wallace and Utah Jazz?s Andrei Kirilenko were today named the Eastern Conference and Western Conference Players of the Week, respectively, for games played Monday, February 23 through Sunday, February 29.
    Wallace led the Pistons to a perfect 4-0 record for the week, averaging 12.3 points, 12.3 rebounds, 3.75 blocks and 2.00 steals per game. He recorded a double-double (points and rebounds) in three of Detroit?s four games last week.
    Kirilenko averaged 25.0 points, 10.7 rebounds, 3.00 blocks, 2.7 assists and 1.67 steals per game, leading the Jazz to a 3-0 record for the week that included back-to-back victories over Seattle.

-----------------------------------

This is his second one, his 1st came very early in the season.

7. spark22

If Kirilenko could keep the 25.0 points, 10.7 rebounds, 3.00 blocks, 2.7 assists and 1.67 steals per game line up for a whole season, that would be MVP numbers.

8. PG2

PG2 JBB JustBBall Member

AK47 is the MIP(most improved player) for sure this season, this guy has improved so much it is insane. hes an allstar now, and will be for a long time coming.

9. Stockton

Stockton JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting PG2:</div><div class="quote_post">AK47 is the MIP(most improved player) for sure this season, this guy has improved so much it is insane. hes an allstar now, and will be for a long time coming.</div>

He's not the MIP, he has gone from a bench player to All Star though. His numbers haven't improved enough for MIP, the most likely guy on the Jazz to get it is Carlos Arroyo, but Zach Randolph is almost a lock at this stage.

10. BallerAK47

BallerAK47 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting spark22:</div><div class="quote_post">If Kirilenko could keep the 25.0 points, 10.7 rebounds, 3.00 blocks, 2.7 assists and 1.67 steals per game line up for a whole season, that would be MVP numbers.</div>
    The chances of that happening are slim to none

11. TD21.

TD21. JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting BallerAK47:</div><div class="quote_post">The chances of that happening are slim to none</div>
    exactly...but if you look at ak's numbers, he is improving with each year...this isnt someone who went from a horrible player to an amazing players...pts went from 11 to 12 to 17, boards went from 5 to 5 to 8, blocks went from 2 to 2 to 3, steals went from 1.5 to 1.5 to 2, 3s went from .3 to .5 to 1...the important number is 26 min to 28 min to 38 min...i think ak's numbers will continue to improve and he may be in the running for mvp in years to come.

12. Rave

Rave JBB JustBBall Member

He and Sloan are the true Jazz, they bring their best as often as possible even when they have an unimpressive roster. He really deserves it, he carries the team, it's a shame that he doesn't have that much help.

13. Stockton

Stockton JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting BallerAK47:</div><div class="quote_post">The chances of that happening are slim to none</div>

That's true, but the scary thing is that AK47's just turned 23. Obviously, he will get better and at this rate could be putting up MVP like numbers in a matter of seasons.

14. spark22

I actually could see AK getting those numbers say in about 3 years. If someone would of told you that Stock would average over 14 assist a game after his second and third season, the answer would of been NO!, but the Jazz system can turn players in to legends and AK could be the next in line.

15. BallerAK47

BallerAK47 JBB JustBBall Member

I know he will get better, thats obvious. I was just commenting on the fact about his ability to maintain those numbers for the rest of this year.

16. Stockton

Stockton JBB

^ And I was just saying that in a few years, he might be able to put up those kind of numbers.