Kirilenko Wants Out?

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by Stockton, Jun 3, 2007.

1. Stockton

Stockton JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">
    After the Jazz were eliminated last Wednesday from the NBA playoffs, point guard Deron Williams said he knew "for a fact" he had teammates who want out of Utah.
    There is now ample evidence to make a case that starting small forward and 2004 All-Star Andrei Kirilenko is one of them.
    Kirilenko has made details of his unhappiness quite clear in at least two recent interviews with reporters from a Web site in his native Russia, including one conducted ? apparently by telephone ? shortly after San Antonio knocked Utah out of the Western Conference Finals.</div>

<div align="center">Source: Deseret News</div>

2. Montaman

Montaman JBB JustBBall Member

Is it possible that Kirilenkp doesn't get along with Sloan? I recently read John Amaechi's book, wherein he said that Sloan was one of the most caustic personalities he'd ever encountered, and was very verbally abusive towards his players. Kirilenko, notedly a sensitive/emotional guy, might this have caused problems for him?

3. NTC

NTC Active Member

AK47 has always been one of my favourite players, so I'd welcome him to Detroit, so long as he is willing to put up numbers like he has in years past.

4. Marbire

Marbire JBB JustBBall Member

Did he just call out Deron Williams for not passing to him? What the hell...

AK needs to realize that he is not much of an offensive priority now that we have Boozer, Okur, and Williams. He needs to play his role which is being a defensive threat, and contributing to other areas when he can...

5. og15

og15 JBB *********

AK47 would be nice on the Wizards. I don't really think the Jazz would want to give up defense for offense, but a deal involving Jamison and AK would be very intruiging from the Wizards perspective.

6. Legacy

Legacy Beast

<div class="quote_poster">Marbire Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Did he just call out Deron Williams for not passing to him? What the hell...
    </div>

He said that?

7. bbwSwish

bbwSwish Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

<div class="quote_poster">Legacy Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">He said that?</div>

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">On point guard Deron Williams: "Basketball is business. Williams needs points since his contract obliges him to score. However, it is ridiculous that it can make him totally ignore some other player in the team. I don't think the players are somehow responsible for the situation. The problem is I can't get my message to the coach and that's make things worse for the whole team."</div>

Reading is achieving. [​IMG]

8. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

AK47 has been struggling with his role on the team ever since he moved back to the small forward position. He was playing like an All-Star at PF, but obviously Boozer fits the role better because of his offense.

I remember early in the season he had a meeting with Sloan for advice. Sloan told him to let the game come to him and the Jazz needed his defense more than his offense.

9. Legacy

Legacy Beast

Kirilenko is dumb if he thinks that Deron Williams isn't giving him the ball. He is, but knowing how bad of an offensive player AK47 is, he probably isn't making crap. Williams is very unselfish, and after reading Kirileniko's comments, I have lost all respect for him. [​IMG]

10. J_Ray

J_Ray JBB JustBBall Member

This is coming at a great time, Utah needs to move a big contract to get cap to resign Deron Williams [​IMG]

11. og15

og15 JBB *********

<div class="quote_poster">J_Ray Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">This is coming at a great time, Utah needs to move a big contract to get cap to resign Deron Williams [​IMG]</div>
    If Utah is seriously thinking about actually moving him, and for cap relief, Washington is a possibility, but his contract is scary especially with his injuries. Outside of that though, Jamison has $16.4 million coming off the books next season.

Kirilenko is the defensive type guy the Wizards need, and he will get more shots in Washington of course since he wasn't really shooting anymore in Utah.

I don't know if it would actually happen, or even be talked about, but it's interesting.

12. Dark Hero

Dark Hero Can't Tell Me Nothing

Mr.AK47 wants out what?No way!Well i guess it's time for him to leave. Just because there not passing the you want out.Like Legacy said: I have lost all respect for him.

13. Montaman

Hey, send him to the Warriors. You guys interested in Harrington? Maybe a couple picks?

14. Stockton

Stockton JBB

A trade involving Jason Richardson would work very nicely. For the Jazz, at least.

15. J_Ray

J_Ray JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Stockton Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">A trade involving Jason Richardson would work very nicely. For the Jazz, at least.</div>

Maybe we can workout a deal including Beans [​IMG]

16. Montaman

Nah, man. Biedrins has to stay. I'd sooner cut ties with Richardson AND Harrington before losing Biedrins.

17. Marbire

Marbire JBB JustBBall Member

I doubt AK will leave. I remember him saying many times throughout his career that he loves Utah and he wants to retire a Jazz man. He just needs to sit down again with Sloan and have a discussion. We need AK's defense. Although, we do need a big athletic 2 guard... I'm not sure about Jrich tho.

18. Iron Shiek

Iron Shiek Maintain and Hold It Down

He may want to leave but at his contract I do not think that anyone would be willing to give up significant talent for his services.

He may be the worst maximum contract player in the league. Consider him a Jazz until he is in his contract year.

19. Montaman

I wouldn't want to trade Richardson, because he legitimately loves playing here, and he's given so much to the team that it would feel like a betrayal of the highest order. If you guys did get him, though, you'd be getting a guaranteed maximum effort every night... although Richardson did tell Bay Area reporters that some fans in Utah were shouting racial epithets at him, so I don't know how comfortable he would feel playing there.

20. TheFreshPrince

TheFreshPrince JBB JustBBall Member

Ak is such a rare talent, if only he could stay healthy. Who knows, maybe a change in scenary will help him become the AK of old