Zombie Klamath County

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by barfo, Jun 4, 2019.

1. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

2. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

I read that too. Kinda like murder mountain in humbolt county. Kinda scary.

I think i wanna buy some land down there now.

3. barfo

Pretty place, but I guess you have to watch out for the 2-legged wild animals.

barfo

dviss1 and Orion Bailey like this.
  4. santeesioux

santeesioux Just keep on scrolling by

Trolling the internet
    You don't really want to stop driving in the more secluded areas of the county (which is most of it lol) if you can help it, I don't even like stopping in slightly bigger areas like that like Bonanza and Chiloquin, people are nuts in those areas yo,

riverman and Orion Bailey like this.
  5. e_blazer

e_blazer Rip City Fan

Consultant
    Sounds like good pirate country.

Well, except for the severe lack of an ocean and super models.

Orion Bailey likes this.
  6. barfo

The former isn't such a problem, land pirating is actually a lot easier work. But the latter is a fatal flaw.

barfo

7. Rastapopoulos

Rastapopoulos Well-Known Member

Ballin'
    I read that too! I was very intrigued to hear how comparatively cheaply amazing plots of land could be had for. Let's all chip in and start our own colony (strength in numbers against the meth-lab-runners).

8. santeesioux

santeesioux Just keep on scrolling by

Trolling the internet
    You big city folks wouldn't last five minutes out in the forest/desert with these psychos, I wouldn't either, that's why I don't go out there :emotions:

riverman likes this.
  9. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    That took a long time to read.
    It confirms what I've been told a long time ago.
    I had a friend I worked with at Tektronix by the name of Don. Don went to OIT in K Falls. He was at a night club when someone came in and started shooting. About 6 or 8 people were killed. Don had to testify to what he saw first hand in court. He then went on to tell me how rough and tumble that place was. He said there were some local Indians who blockaded a road and charged drivers a fee to use the road. The sheriff's department did not have the manpower to challenge these armed Indians.
    He then told me about all the fights and killings around there.
    So, you story did not really surprise me.

10. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    I'd take Klamath County over Multnomah or Marion any day of the week.

Lots of good, friendly people. Small government, and some of the most beautiful and rugged land in Oregon with a wealth of healthy wildlife and the best fishing in the state.

The Dems killed most of the jobs there in the nineties with their war on timber companies, and have never offered any assistance in starting/establishing any industries as a new source of income or decent jobs. Californian gangs invaded around that time and put in place some meth production and a few loser bike gangs are centered there due to low cost living and a severe shortage of law enforcement.

That said, I've been all over Klamath county off and on since I was a toddler and never had a bad experience with anyone there. Just a bucketful of pleasant memories.

As for super-models, they've got their share.

[[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
    MarAzul likes this.
  11. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    Here's a great novel about the swindling and greed involved between the Feds, local gov and the Klamath Indians when the Feds "stole" the rez back in 1961.

Rick Steber is an awesome writer who lives in Prineville and has over 30 books, mostly set in pivotal times in Oregon history.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/878912.Buy_the_Chief_a_Cadillac

Also, Klamath Lake has a floating Island.

https://kobi5.com/news/regional-new...PNaBuPm5jNOXwCN5CEmAXbQSa_bU7dF_0LQg09fQolGeE

As for Beatty, OR, it's a beautiful place along the unspoiled Sprague River with quite a bit of farmland and great deer/elk hunting.

And it's social and community life is a lot more accepting and inviting than the author implies.

http://shaarezedekwny.org/adult-sex-group-in-beatty-oregon.php

As for the trial, if this story paints an accurate picture, I would find he acted in self-defense.

You've got to take a man at his word, and if he says he's going to kill you and stuff you in an oil drum, and the police refuse to respond and rectify the situation permanently, my advice would be to kill him ASAP before he kills you. A death threat left active is an imminent threat.

The government employees of Oregon/Klamath County all shortchanged Taylor from the day he was born. He received little education, zero protection, and no amount of basic respect or concern when he desperately reached out for help.

How's that for White Privilege @dviss1?

12. barfo

MARIS61 likes this.
  13. Lanny

Except for one, I would not call these women beautiful. Perhaps I just have higher tri county standards.

14. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Klamath area is where a lot of war vets bought cheap land in the late 60's early 70's....the navy advertised these plots in southern Oregon and Northern Cal....I bought mine in Northern Cal in the Sierra's near Tahoe Nat'l forest....mostly owned by Disney Corporation back then. Couple of guys I came back from the war with were biker types and moved to Klamath...probably still there. There's beautiful country out there....people move to the woods for two reasons...one...they love nature and the country life...the other....some folks can't be around other humans without trouble..sort of like the old Hole in the Wall gang in the wild west.....or the Manson family on the Spawn Ranch. There's a small logging town bar 10 minutes from my property in Lane County where I guarantee you'll find some drunk, violent crazy drunk mountain folk ...Oregon is like that every 20 minutes or so out of any large town in the rural communities

Lanny likes this.
  15. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    Yep!
    Not long after I bought my ranch over in North east Oregon, I was in Portland for what ever, saw and old friend who had work the project at Consolidated Freightways with me. He said, Jake was trying to get a hold of me. So I called him immediately. He was back out at CF but would soon be done there and wanted to come see my place. He would fly there and from there back to North Carolina where he called home. So I picked him up in La Grand, when he came in. On the way to the Ranch we passed the Wild Horse Saloon! Oh man, that caught Jake's fancy right there. He wanted to go in. So we did.
    By now I was getting just a little curious about what was up with my old buddy and soon would get some input. It didn't take long, some cowboy didn't like the way Jake was dress, suite pants and white shirt no tie. They locked horns in a quick todo.

I then got Jake out of there and off to the Ranch, where I learned Jake had cancer. Well we spent a couple good days then off he went, back to N Carolina.
    His wife called me the next week, and Said Jake had a real good time visiting you, I just wanted to let you know, he's gone now but he loved the Wild Horse Saloon!

riverman likes this.
  16. jonnyboy

jonnyboy Well-Known Member

The Hole in the Wall is right outside Kaycee WY, on a random note. About an hour from where I live. I’ve never been, but heard it’s really cool. Literally like a natural fortress with only one way in or out.

17. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    More than likely you're just gay, not that there's anything wrong with that. :cheers:

MarAzul likes this.
  18. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Or your eyes are just out to pasture....I know mine aren't what they used to be...

19. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

The stupidity of your argument knows no bounds... Feel free to NOT tag me in your stupid posts...

20. Lanny

In zny event, here in the tri county area, at least police will repond to potentially violent situations.
    What did I tell you Righties about lying. You just can't seem to help yourself. My mom would have washed your mouth out with soap.