Knee Injury Sidelines May

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by Shapecity, Feb 23, 2007.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">It sounds as though coach Bernie Bickerstaff is writing off Sean May to that knee injury until there's firm evidence to the contrary. May missed his 12th straight game Wednesday.

"If it happens, great," Bickerstaff said of May's return anytime soon. "But I've got to focus on who's here. Not trying to keep changing" the rotation.

Bickerstaff said he isn't worried about May's long-term health, but finds it unfortunate that he will miss long stretches of his first two seasons, when players learn the subtler points of the NBA.</div>

Source

2. babybulls

babybulls JBB JustBBall Member

so far his career hasn't been much better then fran vazquez's, so the magic might not have been wrong

3. nutmeged3

nutmeged3 BBW Member

I wouldn't go that far he's been great this year when he's played, there was a stretch when he was averaging like 20/10 and looked incredible

But it does look like his going to have a chronic problem with these knees and that is unfortunate because a young team like this can't afford to start losing capable players to injuries.

That said he just stated in the Charlotte Observer that he's going to wait to try and play until atleast March 8th which means he's missing the next 4 games

4. nutmeged3

nutmeged3 BBW Member

He played last night but the game wasn't telivised locally so I don't know how well he played or how well he moved with that knee injury.

Just from looking at the boxscore he had 13 points on 5/10