Knicks intend to honor Jackson's contract 'all the way to the end'

Discussion in 'New York Knicks' started by truebluefan, Feb 14, 2017.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

When New York Knicks owner James Dolan made an appearance on The Michael Kay Show on Friday afternoon to discuss the Charles Oakley situation, he didn't leave without talking about the state of the franchise — which is in complete shambles.

Long story short: Dolan said Knicks president Phil Jackson isn't going anywhere, despite the team's lack of success since the Hall of Fame coach signed a five-year contract in 2014.

"Three years ago, I signed a contract with Phil Jackson — the man who has more championship rings, as far as I know, than anybody else," Dolan said. "He was the best guy we thought we could find to run the New York Knicks, and I made an agreement with him, and the agreement didn't say that you have to have this amount of wins by this time or anything of the sort. I literally turned over the entire basketball operations to Phil and to (general manager) Steve (Mills)."

Despite the fact that Jackson has been in the negative spotlight during the majority of his tenure with the team, Dolan plans to honor the agreement "all the way to the end."

- See more at: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...jackson-james-dolan-new-york-knicks/97761610/