Knicks need to get rid of Marbury!

Discussion in 'New York Knicks' started by bballer768484, Apr 16, 2005.

1. bballer768484

bballer768484 JBB JustBBall Member

The Knicks need to get Marbury out of their franchise. It is killing me to say this because I support the Knicks all the way but marbury needs to be out of the franchise. He is a black hole and there is no way that we can make progress to bring the championship back to New York with him at point guard. He doesn't distribute enough, he is a scoring point guard. Hes too selfish and we don't need his huge contract on our head either. We can pick up a quality guard such as derek fisher or david wesley. Just have to get rid of Marbury. if we pick up derek fisher we got him at the point, jamal crawford at the 2, allan houston at the three, kurt thomas at the four, and sweetney at the five. Get Rid of Marbury!!!!

2. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting bballer768484:</div><div class="quote_post">The Knicks need to get Marbury out of their franchise. It is killing me to say this because I support the Knicks all the way but marbury needs to be out of the franchise. He is a black hole and there is no way that we can make progress to bring the championship back to New York with him at point guard. He doesn't distribute enough, he is a scoring point guard. Hes too selfish and we don't need his huge contract on our head either. We can pick up a quality guard such as derek fisher or david wesley. Just have to get rid of Marbury. if we pick up derek fisher we got him at the point, jamal crawford at the 2, allan houston at the three, kurt thomas at the four, and sweetney at the five. Get Rid of Marbury!!!!</div>
    I agree with you to a certain extent. I do think the Knicks future is not headed into the right direction with Marbury, but I don't feel like we need Derek Fisher! The reason why Marbury has not been doing so well is because he is a role player. He is very talented, but he's not leader or a franchise player material. If we had another star around with Marbury, than I think that we could build our team around both of them. Not primarily Marbury. How can you build a franchise around a ?loser? (to use his term.)? It?s not that Marbury is all that selfish. He is less selfish than what people give him credit for, but you have to understand that in a sense, he is playing out of his position. Marbury is one of the best scorers in the NBA and he has a scoring mentality. Playing the point guard isn?t utilizing his abilities to the fullest. That?s why on many occasions, when you see Crawford playing the point guard, it seems as if the team is running better. Tribute suggested this not too long ago and I agree with it. Let?s trade Marbury for 3 first round picks (just like Kenyon Martin). The Nets did it and they got Vince Carter. At the very least, we can make ourselves better in the draft. I would want a Luke Ridnour-like point guard for the Knicks. Anyway, I think Isiah Thomas will let Marbury stay here for quite some time. He?s letting his personal feelings interfere with his job so unless we get a new GM, expect Marbury to be here for a long time?who knows, maybe he?ll even finish his career here!

3. el_guasibiri

el_guasibiri JBB JustBBall Member

I don't think so

[​IMG] Stephon Marbury is not going anywere.The knicks got the 2nd Best Point Guard of the Nba(1st Jason Kidd).And I understand that sometimes he always scoring but that fault isnt his,When the team is ahead in a game and he sees that he's teemates are producing on the floor he's going to keep pasing the ball and get somes assists.But when the team is trailing behind and he's teemates are not producing he's going to keep taking the ball to the basket trying to put the team back in the game.And you guys know very well he has carried the team.When Allan Houston went down and is not very easy to win a game when your teemates are not producing.One man can't defend all 5 players.So is not Marbury's fault if the team fail this season.We need to put star players in the team like him.So we can play with agresive,heart and dedication.Because at this time,players like Marbury,Thomas,Houston,Jerome Wiliiams,Penny Hardaway.Their not thinking rebuilt,they are thinking Championship.:party:

[​IMG]

4. crazyrussianz

crazyrussianz JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting el_guasibiri:</div><div class="quote_post">[​IMG] Stephon Marbury is not going anywere.The knicks got the 2nd Best Point Guard of the Nba(1st Jason Kidd).And I understand that sometimes he always scoring but that fault isnt his,When the team is ahead in a game and he sees that he's teemates are producing on the floor he's going to keep pasing the ball and get somes assists.But when the team is trailing behind and he's teemates are not producing he's going to keep taking the ball to the basket trying to put the team back in the game.And you guys know very well he has carried the team.When Allan Houston went down and is not very easy to win a game when your teemates are not producing.One man can't defend all 5 players.So is not Marbury's fault if the team fail this season.We need to put star players in the team like him.So we can play with agresive,heart and dedication.Because at this time,players like Marbury,Thomas,Houston,Jerome Wiliiams,Penny Hardaway.Their not thinking rebuilt,they are thinking Championship.:party:

[​IMG]</div>

I hate to break the ice but marbury is not the best or even close to the best PG in the game. Lets get on a real note here, Marbury is a great scorer and passer but he's not a leader. Knicks need a leader, I hope they do trade him or trade crawford, I would rather see Allan at the SG and Tim at SF, i know I will be bombarded with comments about TT but I dont care, I always liked Tim and if he puts some time in his game he can develop into a descent player. Anyway IM off to the game today hopefully they win

5. NJNetz

NJNetz BBW Banned

yea i kinda thought for a while knicks need to get rid of him. but then where will the knicks sent. i doubt knicks wanna give more and recieve less so for now marbury is stayin in new york

6. Beat

Beat JBB JustBBall Member

I dont think Knicks need to get rid of Marbury. I think they need a player who can lead the team. I look at Marbury like Paul Pierce. Paul Pierce isnt a very good leader but when he plays with Antoine Walker , a leader, They play well.

7. el_guasibiri

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Originally Posted by:crazyrussianz]
    Marbury is a great scorer and passer but he's not a leader. Knicks need a leader. </div>

Marbury doesn't need to be the leader on the team.You guys are puttin him a lot of pressure in a team who already have 3 leaders on the roster.
    [​IMG]You guys forget Allan Houston is the captain of the team along with Kurt Thomas. [​IMG]Malik Rose who came from San Antonio has the leadership touch.Soooo....Marbury doesn't necesarily have to be the leader.Marbury is the kind of John Starks type of player and Starks didn't have to be the leader with Ewing has their captain.So until he retires you guys, like or not will see #3 Stephon Marbury has your Startin Point Guard.

8. Platehpus

Platehpus JBB JustBBall Member

Your star needs to be your leader. Even you should know that.

9. marcelonbraga

marcelonbraga JBB JustBBall Member

Hi, this is my first post in JustBBal
    I?ve always been a Knicks fan, I?m 22 and I?m from Argentina
    I?think the problem with this team is that we dont?t have a true leader
    in the floor. I don?t think it?s a mather of coaching. This team doesn?t have
    a leader like once was Larry Johnson o Charles Oakley. That is the problem the way i see it.

Thanks

10. j_a_d_e

j_a_d_e JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Platehpus:</div><div class="quote_post">Your star needs to be your leader. Even you should know that.</div>

^ i agree...

I read sumwer that Stephon is a role player? I don't thnk so...Even he himself would argue that...lol...The biggest problem with him is that he's not a pass-first pg...And I thnk he should go...

As The Donald would say; Steph,ya fired!

11. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting j_a_d_e:</div><div class="quote_post">^ i agree...

I read sumwer that Stephon is a role player? I don't thnk so...Even he himself would argue that...lol...The biggest problem with him is that he's not a pass-first pg...And I thnk he should go...

As The Donald would say; Steph,ya fired!</div>
    What makes Stephon Marbury not a role player? The fact that he isn't a pass first PG is not a big deal. There are only a handful of those in the league today. Sam Cassell is a shoot first guard, however when he was playing with Minnesota last year, they went very far.

12. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting marcelonbraga:</div><div class="quote_post">Hi, this is my first post in JustBBal
    I?ve always been a Knicks fan, I?m 22 and I?m from Argentina
    I?think the problem with this team is that we dont?t have a true leader
    in the floor. I don?t think it?s a mather of coaching. This team doesn?t have
    a leader like once was Larry Johnson o Charles Oakley. That is the problem the way i see it.

Thanks</div>
    Welcome to the Knicks forum! It's always nice to see another fan...especially a true one that sticks together during the tough times. [​IMG]

13. crazyrussianz

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting el_guasibiri:</div><div class="quote_post">Marbury doesn't need to be the leader on the team.You guys are puttin him a lot of pressure in a team who already have 3 leaders on the roster.
    [​IMG]You guys forget Allan Houston is the captain of the team along with Kurt Thomas. [​IMG]Malik Rose who came from San Antonio has the leadership touch.Soooo....Marbury doesn't necesarily have to be the leader.Marbury is the kind of John Starks type of player and Starks didn't have to be the leader with Ewing has their captain.So until he retires you guys, like or not will see #3 Stephon Marbury has your Startin Point Guard.</div>

Marbury Doesnt necesarily have to be the leader? Someone put something in his mouth my Zipper is stuck!!! ARE U KIDDING ME, Wakeup Call Houston is injured I dont think he played a major leader role this season, ok Malik, we recieved Malik only a month ago, Tell me who is supposed to be the leader? Sweetney, Ariza, Williams, Please Tell Me Who, wait Lemme guess for you MARBURY IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE LEADER, but hes not as much as I love the knicks i cant stand Marbury as a leader, so please if you ever refer Marbury not being a leader please tell me to commit suicide first. [​IMG]

14. jaytheking

jaytheking JBB JustBBall Member

what i think is that marbury is a excellent talent and he deserves to play in ney york.......but i dont think new york deserves to have marbury........lol the knicks NEED ROLE PLAYERS LIKE JEROME WILLIAMS.......if they had more energy players and less cocky players they would be an excellent team........they also need to strenthen there front line......cuz its very weak sweetney is an excellent finisher and all but he is not consistent enough.........kurt thomas is an excellent player he runs the pick and role wit marbury to perfection........well see when allen comes back if thats all they were missing.....they have good trading bait and maybe thell do the right thing!

15. crazyrussianz

I totally agree we are not fit for marbury please trade him for James ROFL, im playing

16. jaytheking

jaytheking JBB JustBBall Member

lol we would love to trade j macc and snow for marbury lol anyday u get two points for 1 we would even throw in the pavlovic [​IMG] we need a point and a shooter then we are playoff bound until then we are just an a little above lottery team [​IMG]

17. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

18. el_guasibiri

Originally Posted by crazyrussianz
    <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post"> Wakeup Call Houston is injured I dont think he played a major leader role this season, ok Malik, we recieved Malik only a month ago, Tell me who is supposed to be the leader?</div>

Leadership doesn't mean bean on the floor playing and putting the ball in the basket.Is controling your team and give them support.Hello..... Allan Houston show leadership in being there always supportin our guys.When Marbury on the bench.He's not going to lead the team from the bench.Someother guys have to step up and control the game and Malik Rose had already done that.The team respond to him and Jamal Crawford could have leadership out there.And don't forget Kurt Thomas and Penny Hardaway.
    And please don't tell me Crawford is too young to have leadership
    because Patrick Ewing when he came to the Knicks he already had become the leader on the team in only his Rookie Season.And that turn out to be for 15 season with the Knicks.

19. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Hey sorry to break the topic, but I'm confused by the guy who originally started this topic. Just check out all his posts in the user's history.

http://www.justbball.com/forums/showthread...9221#post449221

vs. this one

http://www.justbball.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9219

I'm confused, is this guy a Wiz fan or a Warriors fan or Knicks fan or what?

Bottom Line: C'mon nobody wants to trade Starbury and get a guy like Derek Fisher or Wesley in return to replace him. That's just plain dumb, unless NY wants the offense to be chucks a hoy without any assists. The real problem is Isiah tries to do too much I think, but he has a chance to make it all better by leaving some things alone and get some chemistry guys to surround Marbury or let the players play. Starbury may shoot a lot, but he at least gives you #2 rank in assists per game and draws double teams.

20. InNETSweTrust

InNETSweTrust JBB Philippines' Finest

Well you found out the hard way what the Wolves, Nets and SUns found out a loong time ago. Starbury doesn't have what it takes to make a team successful.

I seriously think that you are being blinded by his assists number and referring to him as a great passer. He's not a great passer. He's very much like Iverson. He has the ball 90% of the time so a pass is expected if he has no way to go. But a lot of times, it ends up in TO's