Knicks thread

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, Dec 19, 2020.

1. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Might as well post it here since nobody ever posts anything other than this board. I actually have watched the Knicks pre-season games. Can't believe it. Amazing what your team can accomplish when you have a top coach and front office that doesn't suck. I almost fell out of my chair when their coach calls timeouts after he sees a couple of lazy defensive plays during games. So much for the experts bashing the Quickley pick. In 4 pre-season games he's shown 10 times more than Ntilikina. Knox under a real coach suddenly doesn't suck. Barrett who some gave up on at 19 is flourishing now. Granted it's pre-season vs. some crap teams but you can see already the young talent is being coached properly now. Robinson will flourish under an elite defensive coach. Toppin should be good in a year or two. I give it two months before Irving and Durant are both hurt. Hope they continue to stay away from these overpaid, big mouthed NBA assclown free agents. Better yet, they still don't want to come to the Knicks. Don't want em. Don't need em. They are building it the right way.

stampedehero likes this.
  2. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

As a Kentucky fan i like that they're grabbing alot of them, mostly with Kenny Payne becoming an assistant. If they get a top 3 pick next year they could really have something going. Hard to get too into the NBA anymore but I'd like to see the Knicks win a title once in my life. Was too young in 73'.

3. panzerporter

panzerporter Well-Known Member

I agree there's a small glimmer of hope but as a long suffering Knicks fan I have to wait until reg season. Playing .500 is a realistic goal to set for this team.

stampedehero likes this.
  4. kreidertime

I want nothing to do with the idiot, ego maniac, free agents in the NBA. Kids are showing they want to be coached. Sadly, the dumbasses in the league all took their cue from LeBron who has an IQ of about 75. They think it's alrighty to quit their teams, create super teams, tell GM's and owners how to do their jobs. Once that dickhead retires, the league will be so much better off.

5. panzerporter

panzerporter Well-Known Member

I 100% agree with drafting UK guys instead of quirky unknown Euros, Calipari does a great job preparing great players to become pros. Quickley may be the PG the Knicks have been searching for. I don't mind FA signings as long as the player is closer to 25 than 35.

stampedehero likes this.
  6. kreidertime

Game was going well until Quickley got hurt. You can already see the huge difference when he is out there compared to Payton. Payton is clearly a backup. Team has no jump when he's out there. Thought the Knicks got completely screwed by the officiating. Sabonis should have had at least 2 or 3 offensive fouls called on him the first half. The refs kissed that guys ass all night. Hopefully, Quickley can stay healthy and start for the rest of the season. Barrett looks like he's going to be a star.

stampedehero likes this.
  7. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

Let this one breathe.

8. kreidertime

Both first round picks out. Barrett couldn't throw it in the ocean but he'll still have games like that. His shot is still developing. The best players in the league have many off shooting nights during a season because they shoot a lot each game. Good news so far is that Randell should easily bring back a late first rounder like Morris if he plays like this. Hopefully, they make good picks. If they get a late first for Randell which I believe they will, they will have 3 first rounder. Dallas whose pick they have is not looking good so far. They need some lottery luck and get into the top 2. Get that point guard. I like Quickley as the SG. Hopefully, Barrett will continue to get better shooting the ball. His FT's look much improved. Barrett has the entire package. He also looks better when Quickley is on the floor. Quickley stretches the floor which enables Barrett to drive to the basket. Already, when Quickley isn't on the floor, teams immediately go zone because they don't respect the Knicks shooting which they shouldn't.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
  9. Ranger71

The key is getting some lottery luck which i have a feeling they will this year. The Ok. State PG Cunningham or USC PF Mobley would help speed things up.

10. kreidertime

Yep. They are due for some lottery luck. Randell is playing at a very high level right now. They might have a hard time dealing him if he continues to play at this level.

11. kreidertime

I think I cursed him. OK, Barrett sucks. Maybe that will fix him. LOL.

12. kreidertime

It's early but the Knicks actually don't suck. They might not be good but they don't suck. It's early but they definitely look like they hit on something with Quickley which should shut up all the morons who say that these late, first round picks are pretty much useless.

13. Ranger71

Barrett's starting to take the next step. If they could get more out of Knox that would help alot.

14. kreidertime

Well last year when Barrett's shooting was on he was 15-17 points a game. Now it's 25 plus because his FT's are better and he has more experience. Quickley is key. He gives them more depth at PG and he can shoot it which they need. They have been fun to watch for a change. However, it's Lafreniere time soon.

Ranger71 likes this.
  15. kreidertime

I will laugh my ass off if the Knicks make the playoffs and the Nets don't.

16. kreidertime

Guess teams aren't catching on that you can't play the zone all game vs. the Knicks because they have some guys that can shoot 3's now.

17. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Knicks are definitely looking like a much improved team. It shows what the right young talent and proper head coach can do.

18. kreidertime

Hope it keeps up. Seems that they have more depth than a lot of other teams and when the games get late, a lot of these other teams either quit or they have to play their stars a ton and they get worn down. Knicks need to get Toppin and Burke back as their bench has been short without them.

19. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

Knicks are indeed watchable again. Outside of the Jets NY sports is actually starting to trend upwards.

20. kreidertime

I think even the Jets will be trending up. Giants should go for at least 2 WR's in their first three picks. Jets probably WR and RB with 2 of their top 3 picks.