Kobe Bryant 'Shattered' Normal Recovery Timetable in Japan

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by BigGameDamian, Aug 5, 2013.

1. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

Kobe Bryant has made it clear this summer that he has progressed rapidly from his torn Achillies.

The Los Angeles Lakers' star said recently that he has "shattered" the normal recovery time of the injury.

“The surgical procedure was different ... and because of that the recovery has been different,” Bryant said. “The normal timetable for recovery from an Achilles, we’ve shattered that. Three-and-a-half months I can already walk just fine, I’m lifting weights with the Achilles just fine and that’s different.

"So we don’t know what that timetable is going to be. It’s kind of new territory for us all.”

2. BlazerCaravan

BlazerCaravan Hug a Bigot... to Death

Uh huh... *cough*PEDs*cough*

3. BlazerDuckSeahawkFan94

BlazerDuckSeahawkFan94 AWOL

Lol this clown is definitely on HGH. A 35 year old man does not naturally heal this fast even if he is an athlete.

4. Draco

Draco Well-Known Member

Yeah the NBA doesn't test for HGH, I can't imagine there being even a 1% chance he is clean. Why would he skip taking something that will for certain speed his recovery and is not in any way investigated. This is a guy flying all over the world to get the latest experimental blood spinning and state of the art surgeries. It’s a good thing the Lakers are going to suck next season because if they would be a contending team with Kobe possibly winning a title as a result of this it could be a major black mark.

5. Eastoff

Eastoff But it was a beginning.

He didn't shave his head because he was balding, it was to confuse us when we looked for the HGH!!! :MARIS61:

6. Masbee

Masbee -- Rookie of the Year

I agree.

When he came back last season stronger than ever after his bad year 2 seasons ago AND played the most minutes since 2007-08 - at the age of 34, I knew for sure he was on PED's. I had long suspected when he bulked up years ago, but now there is little doubt he has to get help for these fast recovery times that best recovery times of athletes in their 20's.

7. BBert

BBert Weasels Ripped My Flesh

Selfless Public Servant
    You'd think he would try not to make it quite so obvious. It appears his ego is just so huge he wants everyone to think he's superman. Instead we all know he's the biggest cheater since Lance Armstrong. There is no way the NBA is going to touch Kome on this, so you know, it pays the bills.

8. handiman

handiman Well-Known Member

You seriously think he's the only one in the league taking stuff to speed up recovery?

9. BBert

Selfless Public Servant
    Nope.

10. PapaG

PapaG Banned User BANNED

No, but he's the only one dumb enough to passively brag about it.

11. MickZagger

MickZagger Well-Known Member

UPS
    I think Kobe will be a 15ppg type player from here on out.

12. Blazer4ever

Blazer4ever Finding a Way BANNED

Agricolture
    I don't hate Kobe as much as I used to, mostly because the Lakers aren't nearly as intimidating. I've actually learned to respect him, not many players are as dedicated to winning and getting better especially at his age. I think the Lakers can have a surprisingly good season the same way they were surprisingly terrible last year, wouldn't be shocked if they make the playoffs.

13. blazedanugz

blazedanugz Well-Known Member

Incorrect

14. handiman

handiman Well-Known Member

Ok, so if you don't think Kobe is the only one using drugs to speed up recovery, how can you dismiss his being a fast healer when he's bouncing back from stuff way faster than most people? Either he's the only one using the stuff, which is extremely unlikely given the financial incentive involved, or he really is blessed in that respect. It's a fact that some people heal much faster.

15. BBert

Selfless Public Servant
    Too bad Oden didn't have Kome's doctors.

16. illmatic99

illmatic99 formerly yuyuza1

Agreed. You just know that the main motivation behind his quick recovery is to move up on the scoring list. He's gonna chuck like a mad man to keep his ppg high no matter what.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  17. BlazerDuckSeahawkFan94

BlazerDuckSeahawkFan94 AWOL

Men who are 35 and have played 17+ years in a sport don't recover this fast naturally. And since the NBA doesn't test for certain drugs he can get away with it.

Do I think he is the only one who is on something? HELL NO. Do I think he has been using it more than the average NBA player over the past 3 or so years? Yes.

18. Masbee

Respect him if you want to.

I don't hate him as much as I used to, only because he is not a threat anymore, and in recent years, he has publicly bemoaned his inability to win in the Rose Garden, which put a smile on my face. When he is playing well, I can sit back and enjoy what he is doing from time to time, just like any other non-Blazer player who is pretty good.

But, I don't completely respect him and never will.

He is a cheater. Has been one from day one.

He forced his way to the Lakers - corrupting the draft process (not the only player to do it, but one of only a few), and he did so because he knew he would have a much better chance of being "great" playing for the Purple and Piss and their 8 on 5 basketball.

And that cheat has worked out spectacularly well for him.

What would the careers for other greats have been like if they had been on the Lakers? John Stockton, Manu Ginobili, Chris Paul, Clyde Drexler? Statistically a lot of them stack up pretty well even not being on the Lakers.

I know Kobe is indeed an all-time great, and would have been even if he played for the Nets or whoever, but who has been boosted vs. other all-time great players by playing for a team that was "anointed" by a the Stern run, star driven, TV dominated (demanding big market teams in the playoffs) era. I saw corrupt officiating with my own eyes. I saw the Lakers advance in the playoffs with horrific and obviously biased calls. That has burnished Kobe's legacy as a playoff champion and "clutch" when other players have had just as good or better regular season advanced stats and few superstars other than Karl Malone have been LESS clutch than Kobe.

I hate how Kobe is so often talked about as among the very best, when in reality, he is mostly an ironman. Being a Laker he gets more credit for his career than others who were just as good or better. Especially as a team player. Kobe has been a chucker for much of his career.

And of course, the PED's is obvious cheating.

19. PtldPlatypus

PtldPlatypus Let's go Baby Blazers! Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Did you know that Kobe is only 20th on the career PER list? He could probably drop to 25th if he has another year like he did in 2011-2012.

20. Masbee

And yet, we are treated to ESPN commentary: "Is Kobe the best ever"? Seriously, they debate this shit as if it is a legit question to even bring up.

His PER is pumped up by his propensity to be a ball-hog and a chucker. (admittedly, for part of his career, there weren't better options to shoot on his team. But, when there were good options, he still often reverted to chuck mode.)

If he played team basketball his entire career the way guys like John Stockton, Chris Paul and Manu Ginobili played, Kobe's PER would be lower still. So, career PER by itself isn't enough to rate players.