Kobe Bryant vs the Warriors

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Legacy, Mar 25, 2007.

1. Legacy

Legacy Beast

He aint scoring 50 tonight. [​IMG]

2. NJNetz

NJNetz BBW Banned

And if he does, I will be more of a fan. Come on KB, stick it to the Warriors.[​IMG]

I will be in total awe if he does reach 50 again.

3. Legacy

Legacy Beast

<div class="quote_poster">Mercury Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">And if he does, I will be more of a fan. Come on KB, stick it to the Warriors.[​IMG]

I will be in total awe if he does reach 50 again.</div>

Don't count on it buddy. Stephen Jackson and JRich will shut him down to only 40 points. [​IMG]

Don't get me wrong though, I like Kobe, and rooting for him to get many consecutive 50 point games. I don't really care if he gets it, aslong as the Warriors win. [​IMG]

4. NJNetz

NJNetz BBW Banned

<div class="quote_poster">Carter Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Don't count on it buddy. Stephen Jackson and JRich will shut him down to only 40 points. [​IMG]</div>

Honestly when Kobe is in a certain rhythm, I don't think anyone can stop him. He's just that good.

I'm pretty sure it will depend on how the rest of the Lakers play. If they don't bring it again, then we will probably see Kobe go on another onslaught.

5. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

Historically, it seems like the Warriors do a decent job on Kobe. He still usually gets over 30 ppg but he doesn't often blow up for 45+ on us. I'm confident that Jax can do a good job on him, try to deny him the ball, and bother him with his length and height. I'm sure Kobe will make sure to keep his elbows in control because Jax would beat him mercilessly, plus Kobe only elbows white players. We've got a lot of looks to throw at him and we have a bunch of guys who can play decent defense on him off of switches, I remember Monta giving him fits last year and Pietrus a few years back playing him very well.

6. Clif25

Clif25 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Run BJM Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Historically, it seems like the Warriors do a decent job on Kobe. He still usually gets over 30 ppg but he doesn't often blow up for 45+ on us. I'm confident that Jax can do a good job on him, try to deny him the ball, and bother him with his length and height. I'm sure Kobe will make sure to keep his elbows in control because Jax would beat him mercilessly, plus Kobe only elbows white players. We've got a lot of looks to throw at him and we have a bunch of guys who can play decent defense on him off of switches, I remember Monta giving him fits last year and Pietrus a few years back playing him very well.</div>

Yeah, Pietrus can give Kobe fits. It just depends on how the refs are going to blow their whistle. I think this game is in LA, which usually means bad refs for some reason. Maybe the refs lose their minds managing the LA traffic, or something, hah. Pietrus can guard Kobe. Pietrus has shut down TMac (I think this could have been during one of his league scoring leading years too) and other stars before. Now recently, maybe Pietrus hasn't been as reliable here as we would hope. Hopefully the Warriors can play tough man defense and do enough of a job on the other ball handlers to help Pietrus and others guard Kobe a little better or easier. However, this season it hasn't been Kobe who has beaten the Warriors this season. It's been the other players, I believe (last game he was 9-23 and the game before he was given a crazy amount of FT's).

The Warriors are going to need big nights again from everyone, like Baron, JRich, Ellis, Harrington, Biedrins. The Warriors need to be playing their A game for sure. I think the Warriors can do it. I know the Warriors can do it, look at the Dallas game. It's just a matter of how they do it. Again Pietrus playing defense like we know he can, will be a huge lift. The Warriors shut down Dirk and Howard, I think we can do enough to keep the Lakers from winning with this team's defense.

My main hope is that the refs don't give dumb, often-times bail out calls for Kobe when he goes out of control to get to the FT line (like the last time the Warriors played the Lakers).

7. Wild Child

Wild Child JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Run BJM Wrote</div><div class="quote_post"> I'm sure Kobe will make sure to keep his elbows in control because Jax would beat him mercilessly, plus Kobe only elbows white players.</div>

lmao

8. huevonkiller

huevonkiller Change (Deftones)

Student.
    My goal tonight is for Kobe to get 5-7 well earned FTs and just dominate the Warriors so I don't have to hear the ref excuses. [​IMG]

9. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

<div class="quote_poster">Clif25 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">My main hope is that the refs don't give dumb, often-times bail out calls for Kobe when he goes out of control to get to the FT line (like the last time the Warriors played the Lakers).</div>

Lol, don't get your hopes up. I'm shocked that Gil only had 8 FTs last game but it seemed like the refs were constantly giving us the benefit of the doubt because of how they screwed us in Washington as well as the quick tossing of Jackson.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">My goal tonight is for Kobe to get 5-7 well earned FTs and just dominate the Warriors so I don't have to hear the ref excuses. </div>

I'm hoping too because if he only has 5-7 FTs then the Warriors will probably win. Then again, guys like Smush Parker, Ronnie Turiaf, and Luke Walton are really the guys who kill us, not Kobe, Odom, etc.

10. Duckmyster

Duckmyster JBB JustBBall Member

let kobe go fo 60, 70, 80 i don't care as long as we win the game. I am tired of this losing streak to the Lakers. I just hope that S-Jax keeps his cool and plays the entire game, cause we willneed everybody and i mean everybody to win this game. Since the clipper won yesterday we need to keep up with them.

11. iLL PiLL

iLL PiLL JBB JustBBall Member

J-Rich will blow up with 40+ points

12. Gohn

Gohn JBB JustBBall Member

I don't like the W's chances in this one. It will be close though. Both teams are playing well. And I think Kobe will go for 50 again. He's the kind of player who lives for this impress the hell out of everyone stuff. So he's gonna try hard to get to 50, even if that means sacrificing team play. It's not like he can really trust his team lately. Plus they're winning.

13. phunDamentalz

phunDamentalz JBB JustBBall Member

Saw this theory of Kobe's scoring run:

Sam Smith of the Chicago Tribune has his own hypothesis:
    [Carmelo] Anthony got into it physically with Bryant during the TNT national game March 15 as the Nuggets were blowing out the Lakers, Denver insiders revealed. Anthony also began taunting Bryant as the Nuggets moved ahead of the Lakers in the standings as they piled on to embarrass them by 27 points...

Maybe it's just coincidence, but in the game after that loss Bryant began his run with 65 points that included a spectacular close to beat Portland. It hasn't stopped since.
    Don't worry, Kobe-haters, I'm going to serve this one up nice and easy for you. Smith notes that Kobe's miraculous run has landed him in the lead for the scoring title, and opened up quite a margin between himself and...Carmelo Anthony, who had the best per game average at the time the Lakers and Nuggets met. So there you go: this is all fuelled by Kobe's desire to beat Melo for this fairly meaningless honor.

I like Melo but he should shut up and show some class, his Denver team has a long way to go.
    source:

http://nba.aolsportsblog.com/2007/03/25/di...oring-outburst/

14. Detroit Madness

Detroit Madness JBB JustBBall Member

Hold him below 35 points and you guys will win.

15. Clif25

Clif25 JBB JustBBall Member

This is the first time that this team has faced the Lakers this season. The Warriors shouldn't have to worry too much about bad defense vs. the Lakers supporting cast since Mike Dunleavy is not on the team, which helped out Luke Walton and others, also Josh Powell will probably be important as well in defending the Lakers post players. What it comes down to is the Warriors offense. If the Warriors offense can click like it has in recent games vs. the Wizards, Mavericks, and others, then they should be able to take advantage with awesome performances from Baron Davis, Jason Richardson, Al Harrington, Stephen Jackson, Andris Biedrins, Monta Ellis, Mickael Pietrus, etc.

The thing that concerns me most is not Kobe Bryant, but that this is a road game. The Warriors always manage to come up short on the road. But I think this will be a good game.

16. The Legend

The Legend Legend of JBB..

The Warriors play a really fast paced game so i really don't know if they can guard kobe, he will get his 50 points, and i'am hoping for a Laker win.[​IMG]

17. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

Based on the fact that the Warriors play some run n' gun and aren't exactly a good defensive team, I wouldn't doubt to see Kobe blow up for 50+ again. Right now, he's just playing out of his mind and he's just in such a zone, he's going to be very tough to stop.

18. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Moo2K4 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Based on the fact that the Warriors play some run n' gun and aren't exactly a good defensive team, I wouldn't doubt to see Kobe blow up for 50+ again. Right now, he's just playing out of his mind and he's just in such a zone, he's going to be very tough to stop.</div>

I agree, however, the Warriors recently have shown some excellent defense recently with Jackson and Baron starting together, against Dallas for example. Jackson plays good D, then Baron sneaks up from behind when the offensive player does not see him and is turning around. Boom, there goes Davis in a flash downcourt with his teammates running with him for a fast break opportunity...

19. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Detroit Madness Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Hold him below 35 points and you guys will win.</div>

I dont care if he scores 100pts as long as the Warriors score 101pts...

20. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

<div class="quote_poster">Warriorfansnc93 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I dont care if he scores 100pts as long as the Warriors score 101pts...</div>

Well we'd definitely lose if he starts to pass the ball and our entire team only scores 101.