Kobe- Strengths and weaknesses

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Lakers' started by KOPITE, Apr 29, 2005.

1. KOPITE

KOPITE JBB JustBBall Member

Hey guys im doing a sport assignment about Kobe Bryant

Can any1 explain some strengths and weaknesses about theguy..

thanx..or send me an email

2. Zoltar

Zoltar JBB JustBBall Member

His weakness is when he gets injured he cant do any thing to help the team

3. Avery

Avery JBB IDIOT!! GOSH!!!

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">His weakness is when he gets injured he cant do any thing to help the team</div>

...Typical Kobe fan. [​IMG]

First and foremost Kobe has by far more strengths than weaknesses that are for sure. Some of his biggest strengths are shooting, ball handling, defense etc. As for weaknesses, I would say meshing is his greatest flaw. He hasn't been able to accumulate himself to others to a certain degree that the Lakers can actually be a team rather than a one-man show. So I say meshing and trust in his teammates are the biggest weaknesses. His game is in a way flawless, there is nothing he can't do, the guy is a triple double threat every night, but as far as leadership qualities goes and team oriented related things, I'd say that his weaknesses.

4. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

I agree with you, Avery. The leadership qualities need to improve. Kobe is an amazing player, but I'm not sure if he has what it takes to tak a team to the next level because of it.

5. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

he's selfishness and most importantly, how he co-exists with other star players. (if you want an example, just look at the whole shaq and kobe fued)

6. Bobcats

Bobcats JBB JustBBall Member

Shooting isn't even that big of a strength for Kobe. He's an decent/OK shooter, but he has taken a slip in that category.

7. Sex Panther

Sex Panther works every time.

Ask.
    <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Shooting isn't even that big of a strength for Kobe. He's an decent/OK shooter, but he has taken a slip in that category.</div>
    Well he actually did improve his shooting % for the course of the season. He was shooting below 39% or so in the first two months and shot well overall from there on out.

A weakness he really can easily improve on is his shot selection. Someone as athletic as him should be going inside and shooting mid-range shots, instead of hoisting up 3's all the time. If he takes it to the hole as much as Lebron + his ability to draw contact, he can easily average 30+ a game with less shots taken and at a higher percentage.

8. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

Avery's answer was perfect...he nailed it.

9. pimpdaddy33

pimpdaddy33 JBB JustBBall Member

Kobe Bryant is the most dynamic player in the game today. He can finish at the basket like no other player. He is an awesome ball handler and above average passer. He has the flashiest moves in the league. If he wants to, he can be the best defensive perimeter player in the league. But that's if he doesn't have to concentrate so much on offense and more on defense.

For his attitude and leadership qualities, cmon guys do we really know what's going. All we know is what we see when we see the Lakers players. None of us are in the Laker team and see how he leads and bonds with his teamates. All we hear is speculation and rumors about those things about him. The media is good at making drama and entertainment. We do not know for sure what's going on. Heck even stephen a and charles barkley famous analysts for TNTdon't know whats really going on. So I think we should stop assuming he is a bad leader or teamate because all we know is how he performs on the court.

10. DMKfromTPL

DMKfromTPL JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting yao ming:</div><div class="quote_post">he's selfishness and most importantly, how he co-exists with other star players. (if you want an example, just look at the whole shaq and kobe fued)</div>

^^ Yea, matter of fact...i do remember Phil jackson saying "Kobe wanted an EQUAL partnership with shaquille, but shaquille woudnt fold". Also i realized shaq had even a bigger ego then bryants, when he was crying in a preseason game for a contract extension (when 2 future HOF'ers took pay cuts to play beside him) also i remember shaquille coming into training camp MORE and MORE out of shape, while kobe's averages ECLIPSED shaquille's.

In my opinion Noone had a bigger ego then Shaq, Kobe's is just as big....but for anyone to give kobe total blame for the "fued" between KB8 & Shaquille....they must not have watched the same fiasco i did.

But to answer your question, Kobe bryant is easily the single best shooting guard since The Great MJ. Noone in the league can cover him 1 on 1...not bowen, not artest...noone. Most double teams cannot stop kobe, let alone cause him to struggle.

Kobe's weaknesses have been simply....trying to prove himself, when he doesnt need to. Taking difficult shots and forcing passes also. Shot selection has always been a weakness of kobe's, thats no secret... Kobe's MISTAKES are his only weaknesses.

Ultimately.....Kobe Bryant is the only player on earth i see stopping Kobe Bryant. does that answer your question?

11. kobemvp

kobemvp JBB JustBBall Member

y'all haters will all shut up after Kobe actually gets a supporting cast. period. Kobe Bryant is the best player in the game, he can "dominate" on both ends of the floor. Name 3 other guards that can do that. Iverson? steals doesn't mean shutting down someone, carter? arhhh...NOPE, t-mac? one year doesn't change his whole career. As far as leadership goes, Shaq has the biggest ego ever and he WAS the leader of the lakers dynasty, so kobe just lead with his game by hitting clutch shots AFTER CLUTCH SHOTS. This year is the first year ever kobe had the chance to be a leader, and we know he has been doing an acceptable one through interviews of butler and odom. At least nothing negative has come up after kobe "took over". What kobe needs is time to prove that he's the true superstar everyone thought he was. How about having a solid C OR PF to help out on the lakers DEFENSE?? that might help. I mean the whole leadership thing is determined by the team's success, so that whole thing is b.s.

12. Bobcats

Bobcats JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting DMKfromTPL:</div><div class="quote_post">^^ Yea, matter of fact...i do remember Phil jackson saying "Kobe wanted an EQUAL partnership with shaquille, but shaquille woudnt fold". Also i realized shaq had even a bigger ego then bryants, when he was crying in a preseason game for a contract extension (when 2 future HOF'ers took pay cuts to play beside him) also i remember shaquille coming into training camp MORE and MORE out of shape, while kobe's averages ECLIPSED shaquille's.

In my opinion Noone had a bigger ego then Shaq, Kobe's is just as big....but for anyone to give kobe total blame for the "fued" between KB8 & Shaquille....they must not have watched the same fiasco i did.

But to answer your question, Kobe bryant is easily the single best shooting guard since The Great MJ. Noone in the league can cover him 1 on 1...not bowen, not artest...noone. Most double teams cannot stop kobe, let alone cause him to struggle.

Kobe's weaknesses have been simply....trying to prove himself, when he doesnt need to. Taking difficult shots and forcing passes also. Shot selection has always been a weakness of kobe's, thats no secret... Kobe's MISTAKES are his only weaknesses.

Ultimately.....Kobe Bryant is the only player on earth i see stopping Kobe Bryant. does that answer your question?</div>

Haha, that's a good one. Bowen OWNS Bryant.

13. Dizzyfool

Dizzyfool JBB JustBBall Member

Team Play, he doesn't dish out enough assists, and as a result, limits his teammates.

14. Avery

Avery JBB IDIOT!! GOSH!!!

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">y'all haters will all shut up after Kobe actually gets a supporting cast. period. Kobe Bryant is the <font color="DarkRed">best player in the game</font>, he can "dominate" on both ends of the floor. Name 3 other guards that can do that. Iverson? steals doesn't mean shutting down someone, carter? arhhh...NOPE, t-mac? one year doesn't change his whole career. As far as leadership goes, Shaq has the biggest ego ever and he WAS the leader of the lakers dynasty, so kobe just lead with his game by hitting clutch shots AFTER CLUTCH SHOTS. This year is the first year ever kobe had the chance to be a leader, and we know he has been doing an acceptable one through interviews of butler and odom. At least nothing negative has come up after kobe "took over". What kobe needs is time to prove that he's the true superstar everyone thought he was. How about having a solid C OR PF to help out on the lakers DEFENSE?? that might help. I mean the whole leadership thing is determined by the team's success, so that whole thing is b.s.</div>

Oh God... Are you hearing yourself right now?

15. Bahir

Bahir User power factor: ∞

Thats what I was thinking... You must admit that Kobe has some flaws, namely his shot selection and his passing. Its the passing that bothers me the most. Sometimes, when they are dribbling up the court or setting up their offense, he makes stupid soft passes that are easily intercepted. The other thing about his passing is that he doesent do enough of it. Sure, he gets assists, but he needs to realize that you have to pass to players even if they arent in a position to score. If he could get better teamwork going, he and the Lakers would improve alot.

16. Sex Panther

Sex Panther works every time.

Ask.
    <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Oh God... Are you hearing yourself right now?</div>
    [​IMG] that post of his gave me a good laugh. Those are the type of fans that make people want to just hate Kobe.

17. Mel JBB

Mel JBB JBB Webmaster

Kobe's drive, desire and motivation to be the best player ever (in addition to his gifted talent) makes him one of the league's premier players. But by the same token, its the same obsession that causes him to try to do too much at times. Kobe's greatest strength is also his greatest weakness.

18. bbwtrench

bbwtrench BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Dizzyfool:</div><div class="quote_post">Team Play, he doesn't dish out enough assists, and as a result, limits his teammates.</div>
    At SG, Kobe led in the assists category this season. I think Kobe's weakness is trusting his team more.

19. GiantMidget

GiantMidget JBB JustBBall Member

Kobe is so good at breaking his defender down that he too often tries to score and turns players on his team that can create for themselves into spot up shooters.So other scorers talents arent utilized on a team that has Kobe on it.

20. DMKfromTPL

DMKfromTPL JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Mel JBB:</div><div class="quote_post">Kobe's drive, desire and motivation to be the best player ever (in addition to his gifted talent) makes him one of the league's premier players. But by the same token, its the same obsession that causes him to try to do too much at times. Kobe's greatest strength is also his greatest weakness.</div>

^^^ Perfect way to put it.

As for Bowen "Owning" Kobe ..... [​IMG] SMH.