L.A. Lakers @ New York Knicks

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Lakers' started by Flow, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Flow

Flow ATLiens

Studdying
    The 27-17 recorded Lakers will play against the 19-27 Knicks in Madison Square Garden, NYC, on Tuesday, 30th January, 7:30 p.m. ET.

Los Angeles Lakers' Starting Lineup

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

PG - Smush Parker SG - Kobe Bryant © SF - Lamar Odom PF - Vladimir Radmanovic C - Andrew Bynum

Leading Scorer - Kobe Bryant 28.4 PPG
    Leading Rebounder - Lamar Odom 8.7 RPG
    Leader in Assists - Kobe Bryant 5.5 APG

Record on the road: 8-11

New York Knicks' Starting Lineup

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

PG - Stephon Marbury SG - Jamal Crawford SF - Jared Jeffries PF - Channing Frye C - Eddy Curry

Leading Scorer - Eddy Curry 19.3 PPG
    Leading Rebounder - David Lee 10.8 RPG
    Leader in Assists - Stephon Marbury 5.7 APG

Record in Home 11-13

My prediction: <font color=""Magenta"">103-115</font> (LAL wins).

Good picture from the past: [​IMG]

2. huevonkiller

huevonkiller Change (Deftones)

Student.
    Will Brian cook get minutes against the Knicks? He's only had 18 combined minutes in the last two games; where was he?

3. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

<div class="quote_poster">huevonkiller Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Will Brian cook get minutes against the Knicks? He's only had 18 combined minutes in the last two games; where was he?</div>
    Don't know, but he hasn't exactly been playing well lately. He's kind of been on a slump shooting wise, and he can't play defense to save his life. Maybe Phil Jackson is benching him? Anyways, the game against the Knicks is very winnable. But then again, so were the games against the Bobcats, Bucks, Grizzlies, and Hornets. I expect us to win, but you never know with this team

Btw, excellent preview Flow!

4. Flow

Flow ATLiens

Studdying
    Thanks much Brian. I was so sleepy so I forgotted to write more. I will improve myself next time. ;D

So hurry, again. I gotta run, I have a bbal training !;D

Lakers should win this game anyway. And I think that we will win this one. I believe that Kobe is determined and so is Odom. And our bench needs to step up !

5. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

No Kobe tonight, I wonder how many New Yorkers are going to go apeshit after paying top dollar to watch Kobe compete at MSG tonight. Good seats go for at least $500.00 a pop when the Lakers come to town. Nice going Stern and Stu. Next time Kobe should at least get his money's worth and intentionally clothesline someone.

With or without Kobe the Lakers should be a position to win this game. Hopefully this fires up the team and they come out blazing against the Knicks with assertive Odom leading the charge.

Andrew Bynum needs to have another dominating performance inside and go after all the missed shots the Knicks will be throwing up from the perimeter. He should get 12 to 15 boards tonight.

The player the Lakers need to worry about is David Lee. I don't like the matchups we have on him in this game. Lee is very active and neither Cook or Radman do a good job of boxing out. We might need Turiaf to play heavy minutes tonight to match Lee's energy and to keep a body on him.

Let's go Lakers tonight, blow these guys out early and send a message to the rest of the league!

6. Flow

Flow ATLiens

Studdying
    Odom, Bynum, Radman, Evans, Smush, Vujacic, Ronny, Cook - let's go !

I'm hoping that Andrew makes another big game ! 20/10 perfomance.

7. Really Lost One

There is a chance Kobe will play tonight right? He's appealing the suspension

8. huevonkiller

Student.
    <div class="quote_poster">Brian Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">There is a chance Kobe will play tonight right? He's appealing the suspension</div>

No chance, the NBA says he might recover the money he lost if he wins his appeal but that is it. That system seems flawed.

9. Really Lost One

<div class="quote_poster">huevonkiller Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">No chance, the NBA says he might recover the money he lost if he wins his appeal but that is it. That system seems flawed.</div>
    Wow. That's just f*cking ridiculous.

10. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

<div class="quote_poster">shapecity Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">No Kobe tonight, I wonder how many New Yorkers are going to go apeshit after paying top dollar to watch Kobe compete at MSG tonight. Good seats go for at least $500.00 a pop when the Lakers come to town. Nice going Stern and Stu. Next time Kobe should at least get his money's worth and intentionally clothesline someone.</div>
    That really pisses me off considering the Knicks are 8 games below .500. The tickets were expensive last year too.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">With or without Kobe the Lakers should be a position to win this game. Hopefully this fires up the team and they come out blazing against the Knicks with assertive Odom leading the charge.</div>
    I don't know... Knicks are at home after a tough road loss, I think we come out and take this one, especially without Kobe. If we keep the perimeter in check (no bombs away for Radmanovic, Cook, etc.) and play some sort of interior defense (wish Kato got more burn), this game should be ours.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Andrew Bynum needs to have another dominating performance inside and go after all the missed shots the Knicks will be throwing up from the perimeter. He should get 12 to 15 boards tonight.</div>
    Bynum's damage was done in garbage time last year... that doesn't count. Besides, Curry > Bynum.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">
    The player the Lakers need to worry about is David Lee. I don't like the matchups we have on him in this game. Lee is very active and neither Cook or Radman do a good job of boxing out. We might need Turiaf to play heavy minutes tonight to match Lee's energy and to keep a body on him.</div>
    David Lee will have at least 15/12.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Let's go Lakers tonight, blow these guys out early and send a message to the rest of the league!</div>
    If you get an early lead, we WILL make a run... definitely no blow outs.

11. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

David Lee is trash.

Take that for insulting Bynum.

12. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

Bynum is Curry's son.

Parker is killing though, he's the only who scored. It's unsurprisingly he's from New York.

13. kobe23

kobe23 JBB JustBBall Member

College Undergrad
    we might even lose

14. Shapecity

Bynum has 3 fouls already, it's going to be an uphill battle boys.

15. Shapecity

Lakers are in great shape heading into halftime. Only down by 2 points, and the team is only shooting 37%. Turiaf gave the Lakers a huge lift off the bench once Bynum got into foul trouble. Odom leads all scores with 13.

Go Lakers!

16. huevonkiller

Student.
    Smush has also stepped up his game (today at least). He has 14 points and is 3 of 6 from the three point line.

17. Really Lost One

<div class="quote_poster">huevonkiller Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Smush has also stepped up his game (today at least). He has 14 points and is 3 of 6 from the three point line.</div>

I honestly don't care how much Smushy poo scores. As long as he makes good passess, I'm fine. Anyways, I HATE KCAL! Stupid tape delays

18. Really Lost One

okay now we're down 6

19. Really Lost One

End of the 3rd we're down 9. Way to screw us David Stern

20. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

Knicks are 15-0 when leading after the third quarter.

They are up 9 now.