LA Game

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by theProdigy223, Dec 11, 2019.

1. theProdigy223

theProdigy223 Well-Known Member

After torturing myself staying up for the Giants debacle Monday, I decided that wasn't punishment enough and stayed up for the LA game last night as well.

Dustin Brown is still a punk, but the main takeaway I had from that game is that this is a Rangers team that can still be bullied. I liked some of the chances we generated but it was clear we were on our heels the whole game and were physically overpowered.

It's games like that Kreider needs to assert himself. When we're down in the third and the bench shortens he's the guy in the top 6 who needs to lay the wood on somebody and reassert some balance to the game. Shocker: he didnt. In fact he was even more invisible than usual. I really wanted him resigned, but he's making JG's decision very easy. What's the point of keeping him if he isn't going to use the qualities that we need from him? He's going to get too much money to be just a guy. He's supposed to be a leader. Not playing like one.

One bright spot to me was Lindgren. I keep hearing he's lost weight and is playing much lighter this year but he still plays with an edge and hung tough against a very physical team. He's clearly ahead of Hajek now in my opinion. Howden finally showed a little offensive skill. Kaako with a very assertive game. Trouba was pretty good as well.

Will be interesting to see how the rest of the road trip plays out. They have to string some wins together if they are going to make a run, but unless the compete level kicks up a gear and we reestablish some balance in the physicality department, it isn't going to matter anyway.

2. RangersFan

RangersFan Well-Known Member

I write again, the Rangers would be crazy to resign Kreider unless he takes a big hometown discount both years and AAV wise. If he wants 5 or 6 years...pass. If he wants anything more than 4.5 or so per...pass. No way I resign the invisible man.

I would expect he'll get 5 or 6 years with an AAV around 6 or so. Hard pass.

3. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

I'm starting to think forget it with Kreider too at anything over 5, which he likely will get. In general the team just doesn't get enough traffic at the net. Kakko was more assertive last night but you can see he's trying to be unselfish as a rookie or whatever. Sounds like they are looking to get Kravtsov back to NA now since he was demoted to the KHL B-league. In Hartford news Meskanen had his contract terminated.

4. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Yeah. I've had with Kreider. Great net front presence but the guy plays half as hard as he trains. Too many euro picks. First thing JD said was the team needs to get tougher. I hope they go aftger Ritchie on the Ducks who need to rebuild especially on defense. Would love to see them use DeAngelo along with Kravtsov to get a Cozens.