LA Lakers @ Utah Jazz Preview

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by Stockton, Mar 7, 2004.

1. Stockton

Stockton JBB

LA Lakers(40-21) @ Utah Jazz (31-32)

When: Monday 8, 9:00 PM (ET)
    Where: Delta Center
    TV: KCAL, KJZZ (Local), NBALP, RSNW

Standings

Jazz: 9th Western Conference(.492)
    Lakers: 4th Western Conference(.656)
    Jazz home record: 21-11
    Lakers road record: 17-16

Probable Starting Lineups

Jazz / Lakers

PG: Carlos Arroyo / Gary Payton
    SG: Aleksandar Pavlovic / Kareem Rush
    SF: Andrei Kirilenko / Devean George
    PF: Tom Guggliotta / Stanislav Medvedenko
    C: Jarron Collins / Shaquille O'Neal
    Coach: Jerry Sloan / Phil Jackson

Key Bench Players

Jazz: Greg Ostertag, Raul Lopez, Gordan Giricek
    Lakers: Rick Fox, Derek Fisher, Brian Cook

Injuries

Jazz: Curtis Borchardt, Matt Harpring (IL)
    Lakers: Karl Malone, Jamal Sampson (IL), Kobe Bryant (out)

Keys to the game

Jazz

1. Take advantage. LA are without Karl Malone and Kobe Bryant, two very important players on their team. Sasha's defense is suspect, and Kobe would probably of gone for 40. Utah must take advantage of LA's weaknesses at SG, PF.
    2. Hack a Shaq. Jarron Collins is guarding Shaq, Shaq could easily drop 50 in played one on one. Utah should make him earn it from the line, where he struggles.

Lakers.

1. Knock down their open shots. There should be some because Shaq will likely be double teamed, and that will eave an open man. This guy needs to hit the shot, because Utah play good D and force teams to have a low shooting %.
    2. Free throws. Utah should be in foul trouble throughout the game, and LA will be shooting a lot of FT's through the bonus. They can't miss their free throws, because they can win or lose the game for you.

Key Matchup: PG: Carlos Arroyo vs. Gary Payton

Prediction: I don't think the Jazz are in a slump, they lost to a red hot Pacer team, then lost the following game on the road to Portland. But, neither of those games were all that convincing, and despite how big this game is to Utah, I don't think they can pull it out and get a win. Lakers by 5.

2. BallerAK47

BallerAK47 JBB JustBBall Member

Jazz by 7

3. the MDE

the MDE JBB JustBBall Member

Lakers in a close one.

4. Emo

Emo Active Member

This game comes down to the Big Man, The Diesel, Shaquille O'Neal. I like Shaq's performances in his last two games and I feel he can easily take advantage of Utah's frountcourt. I also like Kareem Rush in this game. He's proven he can hit outside shots, and he has a ton of confidence going for him. Lakers by 6.

5. wackshaqfan34

wackshaqfan34 JBB JustBBall Member

Lakers by 7.

6. kobebryant89

kobebryant89 JBB JustBBall Member

oh, i cant wait, im going to this game!!! i say lakers by 5 and shaq going for 30 or more.

7. Kobe Krazy

Kobe Krazy JBB JustBBall Member

Who cares? Kobe aint gonna be there.

8. Emo

Emo Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Kobe Krazy:</div><div class="quote_post">Who cares? Kobe aint gonna be there.</div>

So what if he's not gonna be there? You yourself wouldn't go to a Laker game and represent? [​IMG]

9. Bez Koske

Bez Koske JBB JustBBall Member

Good game, lol.

10. Stockton

Stockton JBB

Utah wins, 88-83. AK47 had 15 points, 14 rebounds, 5 blocks, 2 assists and one steal. Shaq got ejected in the 4th, when it looked like LA were heading for victory. The game changed from that point, Utah caught up and didn't let LA take the win away from them. This was a very important game for Utah, they had lost 2 in a row and were not far out of the 8th spot with Denver stuggling. Next up, a home game against the Warriors which will be another big game.

11. Kobe Krazy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Laker_Fever_834:</div><div class="quote_post">So what if he's not gonna be there? You yourself wouldn't go to a Laker game and represent? [​IMG]</div>

Nope, I wouldn't. I follow players more then teams. Teams change, and sides, Kobe is my primary reason for being a Laker fan. Note, I didn't say the only reason.

Good game by the Jazz, btw.

12. kobe_8

kobe_8 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Kobe Krazy:</div><div class="quote_post">Kobe is my primary reason for being a Laker fan.</div>

same here dude!

13. Emo

Emo Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Kobe Krazy:</div><div class="quote_post">Nope, I wouldn't. I follow players more then teams. Teams change, and sides, Kobe is my primary reason for being a Laker fan. Note, I didn't say the only reason.

Good game by the Jazz, btw.</div>

I question how passionate of a Laker fan you really are. A true fan goes out to a game and cheers for all 12 guys on a basketball team, not just one specific player. Now if you cheer for only one player, you look like a bandwagoner guy. So let me ask you, how long have you been a Kobe fan?

14. Stockton

Stockton JBB

Off topic: I wont be able to do the Warriors @ Jazz preview, if anyone wants to do it that'd be appreciated. I will be able to do the Phoenix one, right now I'm going out of town on a basketball trip so that's why I can't do the preview for the Warriors game.

15. Kobe Krazy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Laker_Fever_834:</div><div class="quote_post">I question how passionate of a Laker fan you really are. A true fan goes out to a game and cheers for all 12 guys on a basketball team, not just one specific player. Now if you cheer for only one player, you look like a bandwagoner guy. So let me ask you, how long have you been a Kobe fan?</div>

Since 1997. Lakers is one of the few teams were I mainly watch one player instead of 12.

At least I ****ing admit it. The Jazz, on the other hand, I am there for every single player.

I never said that Kobe is my only liked player from the Lakers, either, when I watch the Lakers I am usually for every player but.. god, a few? Horace Grant? I don't mind Shaq, but I really dislike him too... he's off and on, I dunno. I hate his attitude, and his lazyness, and his lack of talent and hard work.

Dude, you should just f off, I have reasons for not liking the Lakers organization nor Phil Jackson for that matter. Hell, not even Kobe likes Jackson 'as a person', just 'as a coach'. I personally don't mind him as a coach... and really don't like him much as a person.

Now i'm asking a question, why do you care? o_o

16. Emo

Emo Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Kobe Krazy:</div><div class="quote_post">Since 1997. Lakers is one of the few teams were I mainly watch one player instead of 12.

At least I ****ing admit it. The Jazz, on the other hand, I am there for every single player.

I never said that Kobe is my only liked player from the Lakers, either, when I watch the Lakers I am usually for every player but.. god, a few? Horace Grant? I don't mind Shaq, but I really dislike him too... he's off and on, I dunno. I hate his attitude, and his lazyness, and his lack of talent and hard work.

Dude, you should just f off, I have reasons for not liking the Lakers organization nor Phil Jackson for that matter. Hell, not even Kobe likes Jackson 'as a person', just 'as a coach'. I personally don't mind him as a coach... and really don't like him much as a person.

Now i'm asking a question, why do you care? o_o</div>

You're better off just erasing the Lakers from your favorite teams list. Anyway, I have no love for people who like two teams. It's either you like one or the other. If you're a real Laker fan, you show love for the twelve guys that give everything on that basketball court. If you just like one or a few particular players, then that shows you're not really that serious of a fan. So what happened when the Lakers won the three championships? Were you happy for just Kobe alone and ignored the other 11 guys? I really don't know you or nothin' like that...I don't wanna get to know you....but I wanna see passionate and true Laker fans that have the balls to come strong and discuss Laker basketball at our team forum. I don't like wagoners.

17. kobe_8

kobe_8 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Laker_Fever_834:</div><div class="quote_post">You're better off just erasing the Lakers from your favorite teams list. Anyway, I have no love for people who like two teams. It's either you like one or the other. If you're a real Laker fan, you show love for the twelve guys that give everything on that basketball court. If you just like one or a few particular players, then that shows you're not really that serious of a fan. So what happened when the Lakers won the three championships? Were you happy for just Kobe alone and ignored the other 11 guys? I really don't know you or nothin' like that...I don't wanna get to know you....but I wanna see passionate and true Laker fans that have the balls to come strong and discuss Laker basketball at our team forum. I don't like wagoners.</div>

are you jerry buss in disguise? hahaha... damn man, you really are a laker team fanatic! good for you [​IMG]