Lackluster Warriors can't stay with Jazz

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Rudeezy, Jan 14, 2004.

1. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Modest runs aside, the Warriors were never really in Tuesday's game, one that they lost 97-80 to the Utah Jazz at the Delta Center.

They suffered their ninth loss in 10 games and ninth in a row on the road. And at 15-22, the Warriors are closer to the worst record in the Western Conference than they are to a playoff spot.

Though the team had talked in training camp about ending its nine-year playoff drought, a fair question now would seem to be this: Is the season slipping away?

``I don't want to begin to think like that, but . . .'' forward Clifford Robinson said. ``It's hard to not think about it at times. I try to be as positive as I can. I try to stay optimistic about the situation. It's getting tough because it doesn't seem like we're switching it around to get consistent. I see more consistent not getting it done than I see consistent getting it done.''

Asked about the season slipping away, Coach Eric Musselman never stopped looking at the box score, replying: ``You know, we just need to get ready for Cleveland'' on Thursday. ``That's what we'll continue to do.''

</div>

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews...ors/7707576.htm

2. kobeonfire

kobeonfire JBB JustBBall Member

I didn't watch the game or listen to it on the radio... but my guess is that this loss was attributable to fatigue more than anything else. I mean they had to travel to Utah right after a double-OT loss at home; it's not easy to play back-to-back games in that situation.

I hate to think about it, but it seems to me like we have to do something or switch something up, because I'm feeling the season slip away too.