Lafreniere destination

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, Jan 19, 2023.

1. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

I've accepted they will deal him and we will watch him fuck us for the next 10 years. I thought, where would be the place that would most likely happen.

I'm thinking the destination for Lafreniere is Edmonton. They'll put him right on McDavid's wing. God help us. I figure, ask for Holloway and McLeod. Send them Jones who looks good in the AHL so far and he can play. That's a fair deal for both teams. McLeod gives us a legit 4th line center, fantastic PK guy and much needed speed. Holloway is a talented wing prospect.

2. NYR Fan

NYR Fan Well-Known Member

The coach is screwing him over, he is not getting PP1 time, the Rangers don't know how to develop him. Oh wait, he is getting PP1 time now, and playing a lot of minutes each game, and yet is still struggling - that's not a good look for my ridiculous POV - okay change - Lafreniere has quit on the Rangers, and will be moved. I don't blame him.

That is how your mind works. You are something else. My Lafreniere destination is the New York Rangers.

3. NYR31

NYR31 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I don't think he'll get traded yet. Chances are, because of his under-development so far, that the Rangers will get a few more years of him on the (relatively) cheap which is a probably a bargain even for the 3rd line role he's played most of his 3 years here.

4. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

Unlikely he gets moved, but if Kane is healthy and Chicago wanted to throw in both of the 1sts they have from Tampa with him I'd probably do it.

5. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

I don’t think we’re moving him despite his less than inspiring play. But if they do I’d rather get Timo Meier than kane

6. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

The only thing with Meier is he's due a 10m increase or something next year.

7. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

That’s why they pay drury the big bucks LOL

Ranger71 likes this.