Lakers 113, Magic 110

Discussion in 'Orlando Magic' started by TMac_OwNz, Mar 15, 2004.

1. TMac_OwNz

TMac_OwNz JBB JustBBall Member

Preview: Magic @ Lakers

<div align="center">[​IMG] <font size="5">@ </font> [​IMG]
    <font color="Navy"><font color="Blue">Orlando Magic </font> </font> <font size="4"><font size="3">@</font> </font> <font color="Yellow"><font color="DarkOrchid">Los Angeles Lakers</font></font></div>

Where:Staples Center , Los Angeles , CA
    When:Monday , March 15th , 2004
    Time: 10:30PM ET
    TV: Local

<u>Probable Starters:</u>
    [​IMG][​IMG] Tyronn Lue vs Gary Payton
    [​IMG][​IMG] Tracy Mcgrady vs Kobe Bryant
    [​IMG][​IMG] DeShawn Stevenson vs Rick Fox
    [​IMG][​IMG] Juwan Howard vs Karl Malone
    [​IMG][​IMG] Andrew DeClerq vs Shaquille O'neal

<u>Injury List:</u>

<font color="Blue">Orlando Magic:</font>
    Pat Garrity
    Grant Hill

<font color="DarkOrchid">Los Angeles Lakers:</font>
    Brian Cook
    Jamal Sampson

<u>Team Updates:</u>

The Magic are trying to finish the season with a good winning mood but can't lose the lottery after this season.The Magic have lost 3 of their last 4 games including a 115 - 101 setback to Seattle n Saturday in which they allowed the SuperSonics to shoot 56 percent. Tracy Mcgrady is in his hottest run of his career averaging 32.5ppg in his last 10 games and 102 Pts just in his last 2 games.Last game against the Lakers was a heartbreaker in Orlando ending in a block by Gary Payton at the end of the game.

<font color="DarkOrchid"><u>Los Angeles Lakers:</u></font>
    The Lakers finally back together since nearly three months are almost at 100% since getting Karl Malone back. Previous game against Orlando was a win without Karl Malone and Kobe Bryant.The Lakers have won six in a row at home over the Magic since a loss on March 17, 1996.

<u>Keys to the game:</u>

1)Run the Floor everytime. Orlando can't afford to play a halfcourt game specially with Shaq in the game , always push the ball when Shaq is in the game to get easy buckets and make Shaq run.

2)Contain Shaq. Shaq always wants to have a big game against Orlando , play all the Centers (ZaZa , Hunter , Rooks , DeClerq) and don't let Shaq get easy dunks make him shoot FT everytime , You don't get to keep fouls for next game so why not have 5 fouls at the end of the game?.

3)Make the easy buckets and reduce Turn Overs.Magic can't afford to miss the easy buckets or commit a lot of turn overs if they want an opportunity against the Lakers.

<font color="DarkOrchid">Los Angeles Lakers:</font>

1)Set the tempo early. Control the game by playing a halfcourt game since early in the game and let Shaq touch the ball in every possesion.

2)Defend the fast break. Orlando is going to try and run the ball in every opportunity they get force them to turn the ball over or shoot FT , no easy lay ups.

3)Contain T-Mac. A lot of times T-Mac's teammates don't contribute for a win leaving T-Mac scoring 30+ Pts and still losing , if the Lakers contain T-Mac under 30 Pts there's a very good chance at winning , is very hard to defend T-Mac one-on-one or double teaming him after he touches the ball so the easiest way is to don't allow the other players to get the ball to him.

<u>Key Matchup:</u>
    <font size="1">Tracy Mcgrady vs Kobe Bryant</font>
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    One of the most entertaining matchups in the last few years.

<u>The -X- Factor</u>
    <font size="1">4 vs Shaq</font>
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    <div align="center">vs </div>
    <div align="center">[​IMG]</div>
    No matter what , whenever you play against the Lakers and Shaq he will be the X Factor on winning or losing the game.

<u>TMaC_OwNz's Take:</u>
    I've been waiting for this game since the loss in Orlando. Giricek blew it , DeShawn is here now , Great Defense , Instant Offense.

Magic take this one by 7 in an upset.(or OT by 4.)

2. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

Not a chance in the world that we win. Lakers by 22. THey have future hall of famers starting at PG and C and we have the worst starting PG and C in the league. The only position that we might have an edge in is Tmac, but him and Kobe are even. Hopefully Zaza, Gaines, Hunter, and Bogans each get at least 20 mins since this will be a blowout.

3. Nasty

Nasty JBB Sorry, I killed Fever

Lakers by 15, just by the looking at the matchups at the C and PG positions!

4. TracyMcWizzle

TracyMcWizzle JBB JustBBall Member

what a great preview. nice work TMac_OwNz!!
    ok, tomorrow when i wake up, then i will listen the end of the game... (european time)
    i think the laker will win that game without any problems... L.A by 15
    i think t-mac will have a good game vs. the lakers, because it's big la.
    but shaq dominate this game... we'll see... but i hope the magic have a chance to win that...

5. ZeroToOne50182

ZeroToOne50182 JBB JustBBall Member

The Lakers with full strength.. We wont do what we did last time.. This is a gimmie for the Lakers.. I don't see a chance with Kobe and Shaq in the line up....

Lakers by a unpretty amount..

6. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    Nice preview, the 4 vs Shaq part was pretty funny. However much I want the Lakers to lose, it's inevitable that the Magic will not prevail. Lakers by 10.

7. 30 standing ver

30 standing ver JBB JustBBall Member

Just hope Lakers don't take this for granted. But they should crush the Magic and this is the best preview thread I've ever seen.

8. Sasha

Sasha ...since the beginning.

With the Mailman back, the Lakers are back to what they should've looked like all season. Orlando does not stand a chance, even if Tracy drops 40. Lakers by 16.

9. Emo

Emo Active Member

The Orlando Magic winning by seven with the Big Four back healthy playing at Staples Center where they're 24-5 this year? Not a chance. The only way Orlando could possibly win this game is stop Shaq from dominating in the paint area. But then you'd have to deal with #20, #8, and #11. Those guys don't need introductions. Just keep in mind, those jersey numbers are future Hall Of Famers. Lakers by 16.

10. notmuchgame

notmuchgame JBB JustBBall Member

To be fair to TMac_Ownz, the Lakers just sqeeked out a win in their last game at <u>Chicago</u>...Kobe is still injured, Malone is going to play only his 3rd game in months...If this game was at Orlando, then an upset is possible...but in L.A., I say Lakers by 15....but Mcgrady will outplay the injured Kobe...

11. TMac_OwNz

TMac_OwNz JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting notMuchgame:</div><div class="quote_post">To be fair to TMac_Ownz, the Lakers just sqeeked out a win in their last game at <u>Chicago</u>...Kobe is still injured, Malone is going to play only his 3rd game in months...If this game was at Orlando, then an upset is possible...but in L.A., I say Lakers by 15....but Mcgrady will outplay the injured Kobe...</div>

Why are you telling me? that's why I said we win , Kobe is not injured..he can play at 100% right now but Malone is not playing more than 30 mins and is not that effective that was the main Reason why I said Orlando could win , I said they were back together , not at "full strength" like ZeroToOne said.

12. timduncan021

timduncan021 JBB JustBBall Member

Lakers have one their last 6 home games against orlando. So there is no chance orlando (especially after their win record) will beat la. There is no decent center to gaurd shaq, and kobe and tmac r even.

13. Mez

Mez JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TMac_OwNz:</div><div class="quote_post">Why are you telling me? that's why I said we win , Kobe is not injured..he can play at 100% right now but Malone is not playing more than 30 mins and is not that effective that was the main Reason why I said Orlando could win , I said they were back together , not at "full strength" like ZeroToOne said.</div>

Kobe is not injured... do you know anything about the Lakers at all?? Kobe was expected to miss a month because of this but being his usual self he didn't want to sit around. He came back after 2 games and is now wearing a harness. Kobe said himself that he's not even close to being healthy, and probably won't be for the rest of the season because he isn't getting any rest on the shoulder. No matter what "%" Kobe is at or whether he is playing or not I'll say the Lakers by 10+. I'm not saying this because I'm a Laker fan, just look at the mismatches.. The only spot you guys got the upper hand on us is the SG spot, and at the PG, PF, and C spot we dominate the Magic. Lakers by 10+ for me.

14. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Lakers would likely beat Orlando with just GP, nevermind Shaq, Malone and Kobe..What a choice we have for NBA basketball tonight [​IMG] If I didn't have work tomorrow I would likely go out and party til I drop. Wish the NBA would schedule at least one good game per monday night.

15. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

I think tha Magic will pull off an upset,if T-Mac scores 60 again.

16. Emo

Emo Active Member

^ LOL, so I'm sure you think Kobe is a "soft" defender huh?

17. notmuchgame

notmuchgame JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TMac_OwNz:</div><div class="quote_post">Why are you telling me? that's why I said we win , Kobe is not injured..he can play at 100% right now but Malone is not playing more than 30 mins and is not that effective that was the main Reason why I said Orlando could win , I said they were back together , not at "full strength" like ZeroToOne said.</div>

I was defending u...geezz man, read the post again...I swear man, some of these kids.......[​IMG]

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post"><u>To be fair to TMac_Ownz</u>, the Lakers just sqeeked out a win in their last game at Chicago</div>

and btw, u obviously haven't been following the LAkers...Kobe is injured...and with the exception of the chicago game, he's been shooting horrendously

18. GatorsowntheNCAA

Why is Tmac so selfish? Man I can't believe the guy only had 5 assists in the 1st quarter. (sarcasm) Tmac has 11 pts, Juwan 9, Bogans and Declerq 4. Declerq with 4 boards too. T lue had really early foul trouble, so he barely played at all so far. We're actually on pace for Tmac_Ownz prediction of us winning by 7. Too bad we'll still lose by 20.

19. Kobe Krazy

Kobe Krazy JBB JustBBall Member

Uhm yeah, we're kinda getting our ass kicked. Looking at live stats, Kobe has taken two shots and missed both. Wtf.. did he get injured again or something?

Edit: At least the Golden State Warriors are killing the Spurs, this game is so beautiful. <3

20. GatorsowntheNCAA

It says Kobe's played 10 mins out of the 12 in the 1st quarter, so I don't think he's injured. Tmac is just shutting him down. [​IMG]