Lakers 98 Warriors 107

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Rudeezy, Dec 22, 2003.

1. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

Lakers @ Warriors: PREVIEW!

Lakers @ Warriors
    Tuesday, Dec 23
    7:00 PM

Probable Starters

[​IMG] [​IMG]Nick Van Exel/Gary Payton
    [​IMG] [​IMG]J-Rich/Kobe Bryant
    [​IMG] [​IMG]Mike Dunleavy/Devean George
    [​IMG] [​IMG]Cliffy Robinson/Horace Grant
    [​IMG] [​IMG]Erick Dampier/Shaq

Key Match-up<font size="5">[QUOTERIGHT]"In the last two games, our energy and effort level slipped.'' --Eric Musselman[/QUOTERIGHT]</font>

[​IMG][​IMG]

This will be a great match-up of veterans. The Glove vs. Mr. Clutch.

Key Player off the bench

[​IMG][​IMG]

These two back up PGs will be key. They both provide great energy off the bench. Claxon is tenacious on D and will provide the Warriors with a much needed spark. Fisher is a great shooter and will try to torch the Warriors from behind the arc.

Warriors Keys to the Game

The Warriors must come to play from the start. They cannot afford to get in a hole early, they must establish their game plan on the opening tip-off. With Malone out with his injury, it should allow the W's to double-team Shaq on the block. Dampier must have a repeat performance of his first match-up against Shaq when he dominated the boards grabbing 22 rebounds. J-Rich must contain Kobe and make him take contested shots.

Lakers Keys to the Game

Shaq must dominate the key. He must pick up the slack lost with Malone's injury and must not play lazy and let Dampier dominate the paint. Put simply: if the Lakers stick to their game and don't take the Warriors lightly, they will win this game. The Warriors are no push-overs, especially at home. They shouldn't treat them as such.

<font color="Blue">Rudeezy's</font> Prediction

This will be a very close game. I am going to give the Lakers the edge for obvious reasons but don't be suprised if the Warriors come out with the upset.

Lakers by 8

Hardwood Classic Night

This will be the Warriors 2nd of 5 Hardwood Classic Nights. The Warriors will be sporting their Retro Jerseys.

[​IMG]

2. ~Fatality~

~Fatality~ JBB JustBBall Member

I'd like to see what this Dampier is made of. Shaq is the ultimate test. L.A. has been struggling as of late, and I expect this to be a close game.

I pick the upset. Warriors by 3

3. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting The Prophecy:</div><div class="quote_post">I'd like to see what this Dampier is made of. Shaq is the ultimate test. L.A. has been struggling as of late, and I expect this to be a close game.</div>Yes, I am curious to see what he is made of also. He has been on a dive lately so hopefully he will pick it up and have a repeat performance of their first meeting.

4. MVPlaya

MVPlaya JBB Banned Member

what happene dto payton's pic? it changed?

5. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting MVPlaya:</div><div class="quote_post">what happene dto payton's pic? it changed?</div>What do you mean?

6. Trail_Blazer76

Trail_Blazer76 JBB JustBBall Member

Wow, DFish looks like he got an allergic reaction in that pic, and does Van Exel look like barkley to anyone....?

Anyway, call me crazy, but I think that warriors have a chance in this one. It'll be all about defense. Dampier will have to have his typical night on the boards, and Van Exel will need to take charge offensively. JRich will have to bring it hard to Kobe on the offensive end. The only plus for the warriors is that Malone is out. This should be a good game.

BTW, great preview Rudeezy.

7. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Everyone knows how Van Exel likes to play great against his former teams.I see no different here...With Malone out I could see Warriors winning this one.They are back at home where they are very tough to beat.

8. MVPlaya

MVPlaya JBB Banned Member

Before it was him driving, now his leg is up. And yes NVE does look like Barkley.

9. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Trail_Blazer76:</div><div class="quote_post">

Anyway, call me crazy, but I think that warriors have a chance in this one. It'll be all about defense. Dampier will have to have his typical night on the boards, and Van Exel will need to take charge offensively. JRich will have to bring it hard to Kobe on the offensive end. The only plus for the warriors is that Malone is out. This should be a good game.

BTW, great preview Rudeezy.</div>Some good points. Malone being out is definately a plus for the Warriors. He has been a true "Warrior Killer" over the years.

10. notmuchgame

notmuchgame JBB JustBBall Member

Nick isn't only a Laker killer, he has always been a "Payton Killer." I don't know how many of you guys remember the 1995 playoffs. I use to have that series on tape, but darn it, i lost it when I moved...

11. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting notMuchgame:</div><div class="quote_post">Nick isn't only a Laker killer, he has always been a "Payton Killer." I don't know how many of you guys remember the 1995 playoffs. I use to have that series on tape, but darn it, i lost it when I moved...</div>
    We definately need NVE to come up big. I hope he takes this as a personal challenge and goes out and gets the job done.

12. thePHentity

thePHentity JBB JustBBall Member

also, we really need to get a couple wins out of the next three tough games. can't go 3 or 4 under .500. that would be disheartening.

13. Stockton

Stockton JBB

This should be a good test for both teams, LA haven't been playing their most convincing recently and Golden State are going up against one of the most dominating teams in the NBA. Noramlly the Lakers should win this easily enough, but Malone is out and the Warriors have NVE up aginst Payton. This should make a close game, but I will predict LA by 89-85. It could go either way, but the most interesting aspect of the match will be how Dampier goes up against Shaq.

14. the MDE

the MDE JBB JustBBall Member

I am picking the Lakers by 5. Usually I would say they win by more, but they always seem to have a little trouble @ Golden State. Not to mention the Lakers won't have Malone.

Is Horace Grant going to start? I would think that Slava will start.. [​IMG]

15. Ice

Ice JBB Member

Great preview

I'd like to go for the upset in this one. With Malone out, the Warriors stand a better chance in winning the game.

Van Exel vs. Payton should be an exciting matchup as well.

Warriors by 4

16. TimFlem

TimFlem JBB JustBBall Member

Nice Preview. I say the Lakers by 6. They've been doing awsome and will probably take this one. The Warriors can only win if they take advantage of Malone's absence. I doubt they do this well enough to pull of a win. Lakers by 6.

17. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting the MDE:</div><div class="quote_post">
    Is Horace Grant going to start? I would think that Slava will start.. [​IMG]</div>Yea, I wasn't sure either. I just flipped a coin and decided Grant will start.[​IMG]

The Warriors cannot get in a hole early. If they keep the game close until the end they will have a great shot. Although they do seem to play their best basketball from behind.[​IMG]

18. Chucksta

Chucksta JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting the MDE:</div><div class="quote_post">I am picking the Lakers by 5. Usually I would say they win by more, but they always seem to have a little trouble @ Golden State. Not to mention the Lakers won't have Malone.

Is Horace Grant going to start? I would think that Slava will start.. [​IMG]</div>

Slava will probably start , but I think Ho Grant will get more minutes 'cause he's backin' up Slava & Shaq...

19. kobeonfire

kobeonfire JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting ThaLord:</div><div class="quote_post">Slava will probably start , but I think Ho Grant will get more minutes 'cause he's backin' up Slava & Shaq...</div>

He was talking about the PF spot... obviously Shaq will start.

20. Emo

Emo Active Member

Lakers by a close 5 pts. Since Malone is out of tonight's game, we'll lack offense from that position. Kobe, Shaq, and Payton will have to step up and lead this team to victory. I'm also looking for Devean George to step up also. He's averaged 15.5 points the last two games. Lakers/Warriors games are always close games at Oakland, but with all the depth this team has, it'll be too tough for the Warriors to match.