Lakers owner gets 5 years' probation, fined $1,900

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Lakers' started by The Legend, Sep 4, 2007.

1. The Legend

The Legend Legend of JBB..

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">VISTA, Calif. (AP) -- Los Angeles Lakers owner Jerry Buss pleaded guilty to drunken driving and was sentenced to five years' probation Tuesday.

The 74-year-old Buss was ordered to take part in a first-conviction program and attend a program administered by Mothers Against Drunk Driving. He also was fined $1,900.

Buss owns a home in San Diego County and was arrested in Carlsbad in May. He drove with a blood-alcohol level of .13 percent, above the state limit of .08 percent.

Buss was not required to appear in court. He entered his plea through attorney David Manning Chodos, who declined to comment.</div>

<a href="http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AgYdpqiWXt4BLJfKUlihCqa8vLYF?slug=ap-lakers-buss&prov=ap&type=lgns" target="_blank">Read More
    </a>

2. DynastYWarrioR6

DynastYWarrioR6 JBB SmurfY

Lol putting Buss in the Mothers Against Drunk Driving program seems funny...I just imagine him pimping old ladies...

3. Yournewchef

Yournewchef Whippin up a cake.

The probation sentence will probably be shortened after a year or two, I would be suprised if Buss completes 5 years.

4. Dark Hero

Dark Hero Can't Tell Me Nothing

This might teach the Million dollar man that when you are rich you don’t drive you have somebody else drive for you.I don’t know why he was driving but he got what he deserved.