LaMarcus Aldridge makes NBA debut

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by CelticBalla32, Nov 12, 2006.

1. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

Aldridge made his NBA debut tonight in a 103-96 home loss to Dallas. He played 19 minutes and shot 5-9 from the feild, totalling 10 points to go along with 8 rebounds. Not a bad stat line for an NBA debut, awesome.

I don't think we have any Blazers fans, or anyone from Oregon, but I'm posting this anyway considering it's the #2 pick in the draft with some good potential.

2. nba dogmatist

nba dogmatist BBW Member

good for him. he's been a favorite of mine for a while now. I can't remember, was it his left or right shoulder he had surgery on?

3. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nba dogmatist @ Nov 13 2006, 12:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>good for him. he's been a favorite of mine for a while now. I can't remember, was it his left or right shoulder he had surgery on?</div>
    http://www.nba.com/blazers/news/Aldridge_U...87916-1218.html

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Forward LaMarcus Aldridge underwent successful surgery to repair a small ligament tear in his right shoulder today. The surgery was performed by Dr. Neal Elattrache in Los Angeles at the Kerlan-Jobe Orthopaedic Clinic.

Aldridge is expected to return to Portland, Ore., in two-to-three weeks to begin rehabilitation. Aldridge anticipates returning to the basketball court in mid-to-late November 2006.

The 6-11 Dallas native averaged 11.6 points, 6.6 rebounds, 2.2 assists and 1.8 blocks in five games during the 2006 Vegas Summer League. And was ranked by the NBA as one of the top 10 rookies from Summer League.

The Trail Blazers acquired Aldridge (second pick overall) and a future second-round draft pick from the Chicago Bulls for forward Viktor Khryapa and the draft rights to Tyrus Thomas (fourth pick overall) on June 28, 2006.</div>
    His right shoulder. I don't see how Aldridge is really going to get a whole lot of time when Przybilla is healthy. I mean Randolph is looking like a top notch All-Star right now, Magloire is solid, Przybilla is definitely solid, and Raef may not offer all that much but he's a big veteran that can shoot. I don't think he'll be playing a whole lot this year, although I think he should considering the fact that the Blazers are going nowhere this year.

4. WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE

WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE BBW Elite Member

Good for him, I hate to see the young guys get drafted then have surgeries right away. Glad to see he had a good game to start off his career.

5. G=K

G=K BBW Member

good to hear he is okay. hopefully he can keep this up!