LaMarcus the Beast

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Fez Hammersticks, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Fez Hammersticks

Fez Hammersticks スーパーバッド Zero Cool

Phone Psychic
    For the season he's averaging 19 ppg 7 rpg but check out what he has been doing in the last two games:

26 ppg 11 rpg 57 FG%

2. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

I noticed last year that he tends to be a lot more aggressive and successful at home. On the road he always seems to get into foul trouble

STOMP

3. B-Roy

B-Roy If it takes months

I like what he's done, but come on, it's a two game stretch. Don't become the Kingspeed of two gamers.

4. wastro

wastro Member

I asked a friend on the way out of the arena last night if LaMarcus is making "the leap" or if this is just a hot streak. I mean, sure the games have been at home, but he's been aggressive inside, looking for offensive boards and doing a decent job at blocking shots. He's played a few really solid all-around games.

I'm not going to say he's a beast or that he's made the leap yet, though. He's done a lot of damage against Scola, Kevin Love and Al Jefferson - none of those players are known as amazing defenders.

I think the five-game trip will go a long way toward determining if the games have been an anomaly or if he's making the leap.

5. andalusian

andalusian Season - Restarted

I have no way to quantify if he had made the leap - but it sure looks like he does not settle for a turn-around jumper anymore. That's a good thing.

6. Nikolokolus

Nikolokolus There's always next year

It's all about consistency. If this inside-out game continues, and he shows that he's willing to scrap for rebounds (like he has the last two games) then that will be key. I won't look a gift horse in the mouth though -- he's been fun to watch the past couple of games.