Lampe signed

Discussion in 'New York Knicks' started by Nylex, Aug 13, 2003.

1. Nylex

Nylex JBB JustBBall Member

2. knicks235

knicks235 JBB JustBBall Member

new new york has begun

3. jbbBen

jbbBen JBB JustBBall Member

Good news! [​IMG]

4. Ghost

Ghost BBW Member

Good way to start the pre season.

5. MikeTodd09

MikeTodd09 JBB JustBBall Member

Knowing the Knicks, Lampe is gunna be a pretty good player, and they won't have a chance to re-sign him because you can't go over the cap to re-sign a second round draft pick

6. JWilltheFreak

JWilltheFreak JBB JustBBall Member

great steal for the knicks no 1 took a chance on him and now he will prove all the teams that he should be a 1st round pick

7. AZ1

AZ1 JBB JustBBall Member

he should have been top ten...i was mad when we didnt take him. we got chabarkapa and they can bascilly do the same things but lampe could do them better

8. sunsfan1357

sunsfan1357 JBB JustBBall Member

You know that how? I am pretty happy with the Suns getting Zarko. Of course we would like a supposed talent like Lampe, but none of the other teams ahead of the Suns in the West got him so why cry over it. From the highlights and stuff I've seen of Zarko I am real happy that the Suns got him.

9. JWilltheFreak

Lampe would have been top 10 pick accept teams were scare to pick him because they though that real madrid would not let him play this year.

10. knicks235

28 teams who past up on them are crying, im really thinking conspiracy witht he knicks and i love it!! we stole the magic lamp and i couldent be happier

11. Raindrops

Raindrops JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting knicks235:</div><div class="quote_post">28 teams who past up on them are crying, im really thinking conspiracy witht he knicks and i love it!! we stole the magic lamp and i couldent be happier</div>

The Knicks could really use some magic the way things have been going the last couple of seasons. They could also use Milos Vujivic at the point. I hope Lampe turns into a Nowitzki clone.

12. Anthony Mason

Anthony Mason JBB JustBBall Member

Yep love it that Lampe has signed. Hopefully McDyess is going to be 100% soon enough, and with some quality guys behind him - Thomas, Sweetney, Weatherspoon - we're looking reasonable coming into this season. SF still a bit up in the air however.

13. BC

BC JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Anthony Mason:</div><div class="quote_post">Yep love it that Lampe has signed. Hopefully McDyess is going to be 100% soon enough, and with some quality guys behind him - Thomas, Sweetney, Weatherspoon - we're looking reasonable coming into this season. SF still a bit up in the air however.</div>

KVH will probably start at SF.

Who will start at PG?

PG-?????
    SG- Houston
    SF- KVH
    PF-if healthy McDyess
    C- Kurt Thomas

14. JWilltheFreak

i think williams should start because he did nasty in the summer league so he should get the chance to run the point

15. Anthony Mason

Anthony Mason JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting BC:</div><div class="quote_post">KVH will probably start at SF.

Who will start at PG?

PG-?????
    SG- Houston
    SF- KVH
    PF-if healthy McDyess
    C- Kurt Thomas</div>

right, don't ask me how the hell i forgot about KVH [​IMG]

I'd probrably guess Ward would get the starting nod to begin the season, and Howard Eisley would be his primary back-up. I'm hoping Frank Williams can step up this year and give us some real depth. Our backcourt could be in some serious trouble if Houston goes down with injury -touch wood-

16. knicks235

with the pg issue....im really hoping vijunic can com but i know he wont with the 3 pg's we have solution to this? dallas wants a veteran pg we might have to make a trade with them and sacrifice thomas for vijunic.....comments? should we do this?

17. Vintage

Vintage Defeating Communism...

2nd round draft picks can sign any kind of contract they want.

Theres no limit, except if you are over the cap, you cannot sign the player for more than the MLE. Its like FA with 2nd round picks(unless you pay them the minimum).

So, Lampe could have signed a 3 year deal for the MLE. Which means, NY would hold Bird Rights on Lampe when he becomes a FA, meaning they can go over the cap to sign him. I wouldn't be surprised if this happened.

Reason: Lampe was a 2nd round pick. Most 2nd rounders receive the minimum for 2 years. NY might have said "Well, sign for 3 years, and we'll give you MLE money."

Lampe might have done that. But I doubt it. I dont see NY spending that kind of money on Lampe, when he hasn't proven anything(Hype isn't proof).

And on McDyess..........he's done for. He wont come back, I seriously doubt it. What he is, is a $13+ million relief for NY. It could be used to trade for someone, but I think NY will be content to let the contract expire, and start to reduce its bloated payroll a bit.

18. JWilltheFreak

they should off sign T Best becuase they still have money.

They want LAMPE to play C not SF but he could play 3 positions but he is to slow for small forward.

19. sunsfan1357

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting knicks235:</div><div class="quote_post">with the pg issue....im really hoping vijunic can com </div>

I don't know about anyone else but I heard that Vujanic signed a somewhat long term contract with the team so he won't be playing with Knicks anytime soon, if at all.

20. sunsfan1357

Vujanic is locked up for the next three years:

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">It is finally over. Milos Vujanic, one of the best if not indeed the best player in Europe at this point, has said an unequivocal no to the New York Knicks. This two-month old saga started when Vujanic's agent Goran Ristanovic went straight to The New York Post and said his client agreed to a two-year deal with what he described as a "famous European club".

What Hoopsworld reported to you as fact, that the deal wasn't previously signed, proved to be true today when Vujanic inked his new deal. But to everyone's surprise it says that Milos Vujanic will play in Italy not for the next two years, but for the next three years. </div>

http://www.hoopsworld.com/cgi-bin/news/exe...ive=14&num=4220