Lane Kiffin opens up about Alabama’s title game loss

Discussion in 'Alabama Crimson Tide' started by truebluefan, Apr 1, 2017.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

FAU head coach and former Alabama offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin gave a lengthy interview to Clay Travis Thursday morning on his FOX Sports radio show.

The full interview is over 30 minutes long and definitely worth a listen, as Kiffin goes in-depth on his exit from Alabama, his thoughts on the Alabama program overall, Nick Saban, Jalen Hurts, Ed Orgeron, LSU, Pete Carroll, USC, and his image in the media.

In one of the more interesting segments of the interview, Travis asks Kiffin if Alabama would have beaten Clemson in the National Championship Game if he was coaching the Tide’s offense?

“I don’t know that, there’s no way to know that,” Kiffin said on the air. “Sark was put into a very difficult position, whatever it was — a week, eight days, all of a sudden, you’re calling the game… If it would have been different and had I been there and we would have won, if that is the case, I don’t know that (that would have happened), it would have nothing to do with anything to do with Sark. It would have to do with the comfort, the players being comfortable of what they know (with him being on the sideline).”

Read more https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/a...ss-lsu-hypothetical-time-bama-vs-usc-matchup/