Last game? Nuggets @ Spurs G5

Discussion in 'Denver Nuggets' started by purpleb0n9, May 4, 2005.

1. purpleb0n9

purpleb0n9 JBB JustBBall Member

<font size="5"><font color="royalblue">Round 1</font> <font color="gold">Game 5</font></font>
    San Antonio leads series 3-1

<div align="center">
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]@[​IMG]

<font color="royalblue">Denver Nuggets (49-33, 7th seed)</font> @ <font color="darkslategray">San Antonio Spurs (59-23, 2nd seed)</font>

Time: Wed, Apr. 27, 2005, 08:00 P.M. Eastern Time
    TV: <font color="red">TNT</font> , RSN
    Place: SBC Center, San Antonio, TX

---

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ballers: <font color="royalblue">Marcus Camby</font> ( C), <font color="royalblue">Kenyon Martin</font> (PF), <font color="royalblue">Carmelo Anthony</font> (SF), <font color="royalblue">DerMarr Johnson</font> (SG), <font color="royalblue">Andre Miller</font> (PG)

Top bench baller: <font color="royalblue">Earl Boykins</font>

Coach: <font color="royalblue">George Karl</font> (32-8, first season with Nuggets)

---

[​IMG]

Ballers: <font color="darkslategray">Nazr Mohammed</font> ( C), <font color="darkslategray">Tim Duncan</font> (PF), <font color="darkslategray">Bruce Bowen</font> (SF), <font color="darkslategray">Manu Ginobili</font> (SG), <font color="darkslategray">Tony Parker</font> (PG)

Top bench baller: <font color="darkslategray">Brent Barry</font>

Coach: <font color="darkslategray">Gregg Popovich</font> (9th season with Spurs)

<font size="5"><font color="royalblue">Top</font> <font color="gold">Ballers</font>:</font>

[​IMG][​IMG]
    <font color="royalblue">Carmelo Anthony: 33 points, 13 rebounds, 4 assists.</font>
    <font color="darkslategray">Tony Parker: 23 points, 14 assists, 3 steals.</font>

<font size="5">purpleb0n9's <font color="royalblue">Team</font> <font color="gold">Analysis</font>:</font>

<font color="royalblue">-D</font><font color="gold">N:</font> I haven't seen Game 4 yet (which I will), but from the game recap... basically a lot of calls went against us late in the game, including an Earl Boykins three pointer that was ruled as a two pointer. The ref said he didn't think it was a three, damm I mean if he thought it was a three then there'd be no OT, we'd edge them by one point.

Then there is a big question mark raised around Kenyon and if he's worth all the money he got last summer. There's also an issue of slipping defense to close out the season. We haven't been able to recover since and the results are obvious. It's important to make key stops late in the game, especially close ones, that could affect the Spurs' momentum. We have been in the game in the last 2 games, but we haven't been able to get over the hump. It's called 'defense' again.

<font color="darkslategray">- San Antonio:</font> They're showing they're the team to beat. Each time we made a play down the stretch they've been able to answer in the last two games. The Spurs are cautious about losing Game 5 and, given their experience they should know how to close out teams. But can they do it again this time?

<font size="5">purpleb0n9's <font color="royalblue">Predict</font><font color="gold">ion</font>:</font>

I'm jinxing the Nuggets to win 102-100. We've got nothing to lose, I won't follow the play-by-play to jinx us further.</div>

2. purpleb0n9

purpleb0n9 JBB JustBBall Member

Unfortunately the run came to an end but if it's in the hands of the Spurs, there's nothing to be ashamed of. As a fan, I feel like meeting the Spurs in this playoffs may be the best thing for us in the next couple of years to come. They're former world champions and we're learning how to be the next best by playing the current best. I'd say they're my favourites to win the championship from now... simply because they're a tremendous disciplined group that played as a team from minute 0 to 48. I'm optimistic of our future and am pleased that the Spurs gave us a lesson... I just hope they take it all onboard. It's just the beginning.

[​IMG]

<div align="center"><font size="5"><font color="royalblue">Game</font> <font color="gold">Over</font></font></div>

Post-Game 5 articles:

- Nuggets bow out
    - Optimism reigns despite exit
    - Vandeweghe: Off season changes
    - Pop says Denver's future is full of promise
    - Nuggets heading in the right direction
    - It's Texas fold 'em in fourth
    - Anthony savors achievement