Lebron Best Small Forward in the Game

Discussion in 'Cleveland Cavaliers' started by Brasco, Sep 2, 2005.

1. Brasco

Brasco JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Well, for starters, he averaged better than 27 points, seven rebounds and seven assists last season. He also improved to 47 percent shooting from the field and hung around 40 percent from 3-point range most of the season before slipping back to 35 percent. Nevertheless, we're stuck wondering about his overwhelming numbers and the inability of the Cavs to make the playoffs in his first two season.

The odds seem much better this season, which is why there is no doubt that James is easily the best small forward in the game today. He's extraordinarily strong, athletic and his shooting ability continues to amaze.</div>

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/4826916

Hard to disagree with that.

2. Miami Flash City

Miami Flash City JBB All Day

Lebron best small forward in the league? Dont get me wrong what he has done with stats is big but already were going to call him the best at his position. T-Mac is better then Lebron at this point.

3. Iguodala

Iguodala JBB JustBBall Member

He's way overrated Best? you kidding me wth is this [​IMG]

4. MiamiBalla12

MiamiBalla12 JBB Light-Skinned Assassin

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TheTruth5:</div><div class="quote_post">Lebron best small forward in the league? Dont get me wrong what he has done with stats is big but already were going to call him the best at his position. T-Mac is better then Lebron at this point.</div>

I agree, he certainly has the potential to be the best player in the league. But for now T-Mac is the best SF in the league depending on whether you count him as a SG or SF.

5. Theo41

Theo41 BBW Member

Assuming T-Mac is a SG, I would rank the SF's in the league like this

1. LeBron James
    2. Andrei Kirilenko
    3. Ron Artest
    4. Paul Pierce
    5. Richard Jefferson
    6. Shawn Marion
    7. Peja Stojakovic
    8. Andre Iguodala
    9. Carmello Anthony
    10. Lamar Odom

HoM: Luol Deng, Tayshaun Prince, Josh Howard & Desmond Mason

6. Brasco

Brasco JBB JustBBall Member

Even if you count tmac as a sf, Lebron has acheived so much in 2 years, he's done things its taken tmac's whole career to acheive in 2 years. like the article said no players other than big o and jordan have had achieved so much in so little time.

7. Theo41

Theo41 BBW Member

Even though I love LeBron, one can't forget he hasn't been in the playoffs in the NBA yet...

Although, I think it will change this season.

8. XSV

XSV JBB The Virve Dynasty

The article is about the best in the game at THIS point. At this point, TMac is better. I'd even venture as far to say that when he gets back into it, Ron Artest is also better overall.

9. $Quan$

$Quan$ JBB JustBBall Member

yeah i think lebron is the best i mean he is 18 came in the league starting PG that is good coming out of high school

10. TheAnswer2

TheAnswer2 JBB JustBBall Member

Everybody is stating good facts, but while Lebby's better at offense, Artest is just wild, putting up 20 a game and shutting down opponents.

Oh yea, and since when is Lebby a SF? I always considered him a SG

11. ROCK4LIFE

ROCK4LIFE Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Lamont:</div><div class="quote_post">Even if you count tmac as a sf, Lebron has acheived so much in 2 years, he's done things its taken tmac's whole career to acheive in 2 years. like the article said no players other than big o and jordan have had achieved so much in so little time.</div>
    Uuuuum............No. Tmac came in the league under Vince, so his stats might a little misleading. But let's face it, Lebron isn't going to be considered "Great" until he performes great in the playoffs. Tmac is better than Lebron, simple and plain. Tmac also has that killer instinct that Lebron lacks.

12. Bobcats

Bobcats JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rock4life:</div><div class="quote_post">Uuuuum............No. Tmac came in the league under Vince, so his stats might a little misleading. But let's face it, Lebron isn't going to be considered "Great" until he performes great in the playoffs. Tmac is better than Lebron, simple and plain. Tmac also has that killer instinct that Lebron lacks.</div>

I still have no idea what you mean by that. Anyways, my rankings would be something like this:

1) T-Mac
    2) LeBron James
    3) Ron Artest
    4) Shawn Marion
    5) Richard Jefferson
    6) Paul Pierce
    7) AK 47
    8) Corey Maggette
    9) Carmelo Anthony
    10) Rashard Lewis (barely ahead of Odom)

13. ilive4ball

ilive4ball JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">1. LeBron James
    2. Andrei Kirilenko
    3. Ron Artest
    4. Paul Pierce
    5. Richard Jefferson
    6. Shawn Marion
    7. Peja Stojakovic
    8. Andre Iguodala
    9. Carmello Anthony
    10. Lamar Odom</div>

AK47?!?!? You put Andrie Kierelinko as the #2 SF in the Leage? That would put him in the top 10 players in the league if you took the 2 best at each position. Andrie K. Is no where near that. ANYWAYS- LeBron is undoubtedly a SF, he's 6-8, just like T-mac, who is also a SF.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Tmac also has that killer instinct that Lebron lacks</div>

I wouldn't say Tmac has any sort of killer instinct, he wants to win obviously, because who doesn't, and because he's tired of losing because of Orlando. But I wouldn't say he has a killer instinct, he's admittedly lazy, coaches have questioned his work ethic, and he even said in Orlando that he didn't always play his hardest....Sounds a lot like Vince- must run in the family. Anyways, sorry to hate on Tmac here, but if you look at stats, LeBron killed Tmac in every category last season. Until Bron Bron gets some PT in the playoffs however, Tmac will always have the edge.

14. TheAnswer2

TheAnswer2 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Lamont:</div><div class="quote_post">Even if you count tmac as a sf, Lebron has acheived so much in 2 years, he's done things its taken tmac's whole career to acheive in 2 years. like the article said no players other than big o and jordan have had achieved so much in so little time.</div>

Like what? Been to the playoffs? Lebby doesn't have a scoring title, had a 60 point game, have an all-around offensive game, or play with the intensity of TMac.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting ilive4ball:</div><div class="quote_post">I wouldn't say Tmac has any sort of killer instinct, he wants to win obviously, because who doesn't, and because he's tired of losing because of Orlando. But I wouldn't say he has a killer instinct, he's admittedly lazy, coaches have questioned his work ethic, and he even said in Orlando that he didn't always play his hardest....Sounds a lot like Vince- must run in the family. Anyways, sorry to hate on Tmac here, but if you look at stats, LeBron killed Tmac in every category last season. Until Bron Bron gets some PT in the playoffs however, Tmac will always have the edge.</div>

You stated old stuff. Both Vince and McGrady have stepped up immensely in the last season, Vince was starting to scare me for the scoring title and TMac upped his defense in the playoffs. So what runs in the family? Both are on teasm that can actually GO somewhere and risen to the occasion with new motivation.

And explain how Tracy doesn't have killer instinct? Because he doesn't have a game face, but the laid back look?

15. 50

50 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rock4life:</div><div class="quote_post">Uuuuum............No. Tmac came in the league under Vince, so his stats might a little misleading. But let's face it, Lebron isn't going to be considered "Great" until he performes great in the playoffs. Tmac is better than Lebron, simple and plain. Tmac also has that killer instinct that Lebron lacks.</div>

When has TMAC performed in the playoffs? To my knowledge he hasnt gotten out of the first round.
    Typical to come from a Rockets Lover to say that TMAC is better then LeBron. Go look at stats, look at what TMAC averaged in his first years and then look at what LeBron averaged. TMac has a killer instinct that LeBron lacks? What show are you watching?[​IMG]

16. Jurassic

Jurassic Trend Setter

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting The Manchurian Candidate:</div><div class="quote_post">When has TMAC performed in the playoffs? To my knowledge he hasnt gotten out of the first round.</div>

When has Lebron gotten INTO the first round? I bet Tmac wishes he could have played with Carlos Bookzer and Z in first couple years in Orlando. The reason I say Orlando rather than Toronto is because as a Raptor it wasn't his team.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Typical to come from a Rockets Lover to say that TMAC is better then LeBron. Go look at stats, look at what TMAC averaged in his first years and then look at what LeBron averaged. TMac has a killer instinct that LeBron lacks? What show are you watching?[​IMG]</div>

Once again, it wasn't Mac's team in his first years. I remember Tmac almost defeating the Pistons single handedly in the playoffs. A team that won the championship soon after.

McGrady is better easily.

Whoever said the AK-47 is the 2nd best sf probably lives in Salt Lake.

17. ROCK4LIFE

ROCK4LIFE Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting The Manchurian Candidate:</div><div class="quote_post">When has TMAC performed in the playoffs? To my knowledge he hasnt gotten out of the first round.
    Typical to come from a Rockets Lover to say that TMAC is better then LeBron. Go look at stats, look at what TMAC averaged in his first years and then look at what LeBron averaged. TMac has a killer instinct that LeBron lacks? What show are you watching?[​IMG]</div>
    The biggest cop out for Lebron lovers is "look at what Lebron has done his first years compared too". What he's accomplished in his first 2 years has nothing to do with what he's going to do for the next 10 years. Right now, Tmac is much better. Need proof, watch them play against each other. Tmac has outplayed Lebron every time they play. Lebron might have had better scoring numbers, but Tmac can put up 27pts a night ANY time of the year. Yes I am Rocket fan, but there is no comparison between Tmac and Lebron. Lebron has ways to go...................

18. Bleed Green

Bleed Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rock4life:</div><div class="quote_post">The biggest cop out for Lebron lovers is "look at what Lebron has done his first years compared too". What he's accomplished in his first 2 years has nothing to do with what he's going to do for the next 10 years. Right now, Tmac is much better. Need proof, watch them play against each other. Tmac has outplayed Lebron every time they play. Lebron might have had better scoring numbers, but Tmac can put up 27pts a night ANY time of the year. Yes I am Rocket fan, but there is no comparison between Tmac and Lebron. Lebron has ways to go...................</div>

Totally disagree. The 1st 2 years are a preview of whats going 2 happen for the next 10 years. Lebron is already better than Tracy. LBJ averages more points, rebounds, steals, same blocks, assists, more minutes and a better fg %. You cant even mention tracy in the playoffs because he has never even passed the 1st round. LBJ is also a better team player. The Cavs werent that great but you dont see him calling out names and even saying that he didnt play for a real a whole lot of last season. LBJ can score 30 pts any time of the season anytime too. And LBJ has only been in the year for 2 years and T-Mac has 6. LBJ will be and already is twice the player T-mac will ever be.

19. 50

50 JBB JustBBall Member

Thanks Skillz. I didnt feel like typing back all of that.

20. Iguodala

Iguodala JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting GotSkillz92:</div><div class="quote_post">Totally disagree. The 1st 2 years are a preview of whats going 2 happen for the next 10 years. Lebron is already better than Tracy. LBJ averages more points, rebounds, steals, same blocks, assists, more minutes and a better fg %. You cant even mention tracy in the playoffs because he has never even passed the 1st round. LBJ is also a better team player. The Cavs werent that great but you dont see him calling out names and even saying that he didnt play for a real a whole lot of last season. LBJ can score 30 pts any time of the season anytime too. And LBJ has only been in the year for 2 years and T-Mac has 6. LBJ will be and already is twice the player T-mac will ever be.</div>
    [​IMG] LMAO!!

Lebron hasn't even made it to the Playoffs.
    SO if lebron can score as much as he wants how come he doesn't have 62 points in one game.
    Ever since T-mac got to the rockets he made everyone around him better look at Yao mings numbers now and Plus. Lebron plays more minutes too[​IMG]