Lebron James (Superstardom? The Best?)

Discussion in 'Cleveland Cavaliers' started by YaoMing03-04, Nov 10, 2004.

1. YaoMing03-04

YaoMing03-04 JBB Banned Member

Lebron is a superstar, now double team him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate coaches arrogance, Lebron to me is getting pretty damn close to the two greats (T-MAC and KOBE) but no coach is double teaming him. If they keep on letting him get single coverage he is gonna drop 35 a night.

2. King James X3

King James X3 JBB JustBBall Member

Lebron showed me alot tonight in the overtime victory against the undefeated Suns, and not just with his scoring, but more so with his leadership and his poise. Lebron hit the big three, not a strong suit, when Cleveland needed it. Lebron had the confidence to take it to the bucket and throw one down in the games closing moments. Lebron showed his court vision and his unselfishness dishing off the final shot to Big Z for the three. For someone to be so young, and so talented, yet so unselfishness is just unheard of. He is making his teammates better, he's picked Cleveland up out of the gutter and it's simply a matter of time before he elevates this team to the top of the Eastern Conference. I'm a TRUE believer...

3. og15

og15 JBB *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting YaoMing03-04:</div><div class="quote_post">I hate coaches arrogance, Lebron to me is getting pretty damn close to the two greats (T-MAC and KOBE) but no coach is double teaming him. If they keep on letting him get single coverage he is gonna drop 35 a night.</div>
    Well he was only shooting 42% before this game, so their wouldn't be much need too unless he shot better, but he lit it up today, but also he's been averaging about 46 MPG.

4. 30 standing ver

30 standing ver JBB JustBBall Member

He's almost there. And didn't he actually throw it down on somebody or people today?
    I only caught a fast glimpse.

5. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting YaoMing03-04:</div><div class="quote_post">I hate coaches arrogance, Lebron to me is getting pretty damn close to the two greats (T-MAC and KOBE) but no coach is double teaming him. If they keep on letting him get single coverage he is gonna drop 35 a night.</div>

LeBron isn't quite a superstar yet. But he is on is way! His shooting needs work but other than that I think he is pretty close. Especially for his age and years in the league. He will be the next Kobe not Jordan.

6. bbwSwish

bbwSwish Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

LeBron is a star in my mind. He is averaging about 28 or 29 ponts per game (what Tracy McGrady averaged last year) and he is playing awesome. He can play defense better than Tracy McGrady and he is only 19! People forget that he is so young and think of this, he can only get better in the next 10 years. LeBron James will be the next Michael Jordan if not better.

7. purpleb0n9

purpleb0n9 JBB JustBBall Member

Well I predict, barring injuries, LeBron is going to surpass Kobe, T-Mac one day. His ability to handle being in the spotlight is unlike anything I've ever seen. People get content after making it to the top, but only a few of them know how to really stay on the top, let alone stay and shine on the top. LeBron, he's going to stay there and he's going to shine as well, for one simple reason: he loves to shine.

I even think he's going to find it easier to motivate himself game after game than Michael Jordan ever was. Remember, MJ always presented challenges for himself to stay motivated, but he came up short once and it made him retire for the first time in 1993. With LeBron, this kid's brain is special he's going to find ways to stay motivated. He's truly special and like ex-Cav Darius Miles once said, "LeBron is like one in a trillion" and I guess Miles meant it literally.

8. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting MagicFan3:</div><div class="quote_post">LeBron is a star in my mind. He is averaging about 28 or 29 ponts per game (what Tracy McGrady averaged last year) and he is playing awesome. He can play defense better than Tracy McGrady and he is only 19! People forget that he is so young and think of this, he can only get better in the next 10 years. LeBron James will be the next Michael Jordan if not better.</div>

The season is not even close to being over. Because he had a couple of good games in the begining doesn't mean he will average that many points per game. And to say LeBron might even better than Jordan is rediculous. Jordan already had a better start than LeBron did in his rookie season. LeBron will be good but just not Jordan

9. Beat

Beat JBB JustBBall Member

I think Lebron will be better than Kobe but not better than jordan.

10. G-UNIT

G-UNIT JBB JustBBall Member

LeBron is a star period...he fills the stat sheet across the board...and only 19 dang...
    But you cannot compare anyone to MJ...

11. YaoMing03-04

YaoMing03-04 JBB Banned Member

I agree we have all said things like he is the next jordan for everyone. Go back 5 years ago , A 20 year old T-Mac averaged 27 points 8 rebounds and 1.5 blocks a game and took a thin Magic team to the playoffs against the then strong Bucks. In the playoffs he averaged 33, 8 and 6 while shutting down BIG DOG. At that time i thought he was going to be the GOAT. Turns out he is just another superstar . Tracy cant even touch Michaels jock strap. So let that be a warning to Bron , dont get too high on yourself.

12. og15

og15 JBB *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting mrj18:</div><div class="quote_post">LeBron isn't quite a superstar yet. But he is on is way! His shooting needs work but other than that I think he is pretty close. Especially for his age and years in the league. He will be the next Kobe not Jordan.</div>
    I don't know, I can see him doing better than KB, Kobe isn't doing that great himself right now, and his assist numbers are surprisingly low since his team hasn't been shooting bad or scoring too little.

Kobe's scoring is efficient though even though his FG% is low, he's getting to the line a lot and making up for it.

Now Jordan, defense was one of Jordan's forte's, I haven't seen any of these SG's have as good defense as him yet, not to talk of his offensive game.

13. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

If he is better than Kobe it won't be by much. And Kobe plays great defense. He was all NBA defensive first team and if not second.

14. bdubb

bdubb JBB JustBBall Member

Double teaming Lebron can be very dangerous because of his passing ability. He's gonna be a huge star in the league. The scary thing about Lebron is he's about 10 years away from his prime.

15. arhieboy

arhieboy JBB Banned Member

No doubt rite now hes gettin 28,8,7,2,1 much better than Kobe, McGrady, Pierce, Iverson, Carter, or Wade. Lets see if this guy can keep it up. I thought he'll end up wit 25 7 7 , this guy always proves ppl wrong.

16. Bobcats

Bobcats JBB JustBBall Member

Why double team him on the perimeter? He's a horrible shooter.

17. arhieboy

arhieboy JBB Banned Member

A prime of any player is from year 3-8 which is not 10 years from now.

18. stang_08

stang_08 JBB JustBBall Member

originally posted by bobcats............Why double team him on the perimeter? He's a horrible shooter.
    WOW what are you talking about yea everybody knows hes not the best shooter in the legue but to say hes horrible ....thats just dissin some who has tons of talent....and when they need a big shot they just need to give him the ball and he some how gets it done......you obviously havnt seen to many cavs game hes averaging 28 point a game

19. Bobcats

Bobcats JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting stang_08:</div><div class="quote_post">originally posted by bobcats............Why double team him on the perimeter? He's a horrible shooter.
    WOW what are you talking about yea everybody knows hes not the best shooter in the legue but to say hes horrible ....thats just dissin some who has tons of talent....and when they need a big shot they just need to give him the ball and he some how gets it done......you obviously havnt seen to many cavs game hes averaging 28 point a game</div>

Because he is a bad shooter. Most of his points come off of Dunks, Layups, and Free Throws. He's great no doubt, but don't let stats fool you.

20. Jurassic

Jurassic Trend Setter

Most players are too cocky to allow help D when they are guarding Lebron, after all he's only 19.