Lets Support Love Forum!!!

Discussion in 'Minnesota Timberwolves' started by NattaNerNuttaMan, Feb 11, 2009.

1. NattaNerNuttaMan

NattaNerNuttaMan NattaNerNutta like Spike

Military
    I got to give it up for Love. With the loss of Big Al and no other interior scorer...Love managed to start and play at center against Toronto (head 2 head with JO). Yet Love managed to score 15 and get 11 rebounds...and even added a block!

I agressively implore the Wolves front office to get a bigman...you owe it to Love and the fans of Minnesota to get some interior help!!! Ship out Miller in a package to pull in someone like Chandler....pleeeeeeaaaase...:sigh:

2. tim

tim Respect JPJ

I love Love :D

And geez NNNM, you and that Chandler lol....every thread lol

3. NattaNerNuttaMan

Military
    lol....well, hell...we could really use him....and we have the pieces to get him....I'm just hoping someone hears me!!! lol

4. Shogun

Shogun Member

Livin'
    Chandler is to Natta as Marvin Williams is to me it seems.

Lets show some love to Foye who decided to step up as a leader dropping a 33/8/2/1/1. With two 7'0 footers we actually managed to hold our own with small ball.

5. NattaNerNuttaMan

Military
    lol...I know, right?

I've always had love for Foye...I'm just giving extra too Love....for being a rookie PF thrust into the Center spot with no other interior help....and doing good...

6. Shogun

Shogun Member

Livin'
    I hope we make a deal for Chandler or another big or find a way to sign some D-Leaguers, i really dont like Love playing 35+ MPG. Love is great and im sure he could handle it, but there is no reason to kill him in a season that has lost most of its meaning

7. NattaNerNuttaMan

Military
    Yeah...I would hate for Love to get injured because he was forced as a rookie to fill-in out off position, in probably the most physically demanding positions.

How bad might the rookie-wall hit him?!? More so now, than before I'd imagine

8. kobimel

kobimel Hapoel

Question for you guys: after watching Love play so far, would you have traded Mayo for him?

9. Shogun

Shogun Member

Livin'
    After the fact, yes i would. Mayo is a phenomenal scorer but Love does alot of little things to help everyone else on the court. Plus as it turns out Foye is much better at SG and i dont think long term Mayo makes a great PG.

10. tim

tim Respect JPJ

No. As much as Love has been impressing me, every time I watch Mayo, I see a superstar in the making. Love could be an all star, MAYBE a perennial one too, but I'm almost certain that Mayo will get there. He's not just a phenomenal scorer, he can defend the basketball, move it around when the time calls for it, and even rebound every now and then (16 boards the other night). With all that said though, Love is impressing me like crazy and could very well end up proving this statement to be a false one in the future.

11. NattaNerNuttaMan

Military
    I'm actually all for the trade for these reasons:

1. Love's production has been great to say the least over the last month he's avg. 10/11 in just 22mpg. And the last has been effective as a starter. In fact he managed 15/11 filling in at center!

2. Does the little things to make a team better. Unlike Mayo, he doesn't put up great scoring numbers, but he doesn't need the ball on offense to be effective (3.5 offesive rpg!). Not to mention his passing for a big man and willing to help other do the scoring makes him a nice player to have

3. Unlike Love, I don't think anyone expected Mayo to actually stay with Minnesota. He has the feeling of a player that would bolt to a big market team the first chance he gets. At least with Love they get a sense of stability

4. A big bonus to the deal is Mike Miller. With the great play of Love....anything Miller brings back in trade will be icing on the cake. Many teams will be willing to trade for Miller and with his contract expiring after next year...even his contract makes him valuable.

12. NattaNerNuttaMan

Military
    Love had another great game playing center (17pts, 11 rbs & a block).

At least with his production at center....eventhough we all know he shouldn't be playing there full time....it's nice to know that he can effectivly play minutes there...rotating with Big Al to cause matchup problems.

I think that eventhough Love is being forced to fill in , he's doing better than just "hanging on"...he's thriving. This will only boost his confidence

13. NattaNerNuttaMan

Military
    Only problem I see with that is......just that! Mayo has the makings of a future superstar.....one that would leave Minnesota high and dry when his contract runs out. The only good thing to come out of it would be 3 years of highlights and then what we would've gotten back in trade before his contract ran out....lol

14. NattaNerNuttaMan

Military
    I've come to the realization that B-Lopez would've been a great addition as well. Especially with our lack of a true center....as strongly as I didn't want us to go for Lopez on draft night....he would be pretty nice to have as well. I just keep seeing Love/Mayo conversation (since they we're traded for eachother)...but coming into the Draft Lopez was being seriously considered as well.