Lillard's tier

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Portland2014, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Portland2014

Portland2014 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry for starting another thread but I would like to know, once and for all, your opinion on Lillard.

It's not supposed to be a flame thread, I only want to know your honest opinion on the player Lillard.

NOT the person, NOT the rapper, NOT the shoe seller, THE PLAYER.

So, at least for this thread, it would be good if you could avoid considerations like "he's good for the community" etc etc

Technically speaking, how many PG's would you choose in a playoffs series before him?

I know I'm not popular in this forum but it would be cool if could be unbiased in your judgement, thanks.

BBert likes this.
  2. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

I can only name 2 currently that I would consider and that would be Westbrook and Curry....... But if you add in his personalty and mentality and demeanor on the court.....I can honestly say I'd take Dame 1st. A bit biased, but I'd take Dame.

3. Voodoo

Voodoo An American hero

Project Manager
    Lillard is in the bottom half of the second tier IMO, behind Steph, Westbrook, and CP3, on the same tier as Kyrie nd a number of others. He’s top 5-10 PGs in the league.

*Edit because my iPhone keeps auto correcting Lillard to pillars.

4. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

I'd take Dame over CP3 11 days out of the week!

tykendo, Darkwebs, BonesJones and 9 others like this.
  5. Sinobas

Sinobas Banned User BANNED

Westbrook, Curry, Paul, Wall, Irving, Lowry, Thomas, Irving, Conley, Dragic, Bledsoe. Right now, Dame is not even a top 10 PG, but more of a chucker. He can play better though.

DaLincolnJones and GrandJury like this.
  6. KeepOnRollin

KeepOnRollin Well-Known Member

I don't like Westbrook and wouldn't want him on my team but I think it is fair to say he may be the better overall player.

So I would rank it:
    Tier 1
    Curry
    Westbrook

Tier2
    Lillard
    Paul
    Wall
    Irving

Tier 3
    Lowry
    whatever....

So I would only take Curry over Dame personally but I don't blame anyone for taking Westbrook over him as well. If Paul was 5 years younger I would take him over Dame. There is probably a decent-sized drop-off after Tier 1 though.

And sorry, but I don't care what position he plays, Harden is a SG.

Darkwebs likes this.
  7. Portland2014

Nothing against you, really, I don't know any of you personally so even if you make it personal it doesn't bother me since I'm here only to discuss about my team BUT your judgement is SO BIASED.

I don't blame you, you know Dame personally, you can't be unbiased, but let me tell you, people around other stars like Curry or Westbrook have only good words for them off the court and honestly on the court there's not even a discussion, they are clearly on different levels.

Ask players, coaches, fans unbiased, nobody would put Lillard in the top 3 of PG's.

What really bother me is that, I can't have an honest discussion about my team with you because nobody can judge our team like it is.

I'm not an oracle of the truth, but you have to look at things outside of Blazers world, nobody ranks Lillard as high as Blazers fans and it's not a conspiracy against Lillard, it's just the truth.

Conley, for example, doesn't rap, doesn't have a signature shoe and he's not "cool" but he was clearly better than Lillard in all of the past playoffs, people here ignore that, I don't know if it's only a biased judgement or simply people of Portland don't watch other teams.

BigGameDamian and DaLincolnJones like this.
  8. GrandJury

GrandJury Well-Known Member

Be careful they’ll kill you for that comment

9. GrandJury

Glad a lot more fans this year more than ever are seeing how Lillard really plays it’s about time

10. Portland2014

Paul DOMINATES Lillard since Dame entered the league and you put Lillard over him......

11. Sinobas

It's ok. I'm just saying as of right now, I'd take those guys over Damian. Damian has played well enough in the past to be called a top 3 PG.

12. KeepOnRollin

KeepOnRollin Well-Known Member

I said if we are starting a team 5 years ago I take Paul for sure. Now Paul is old and broken down. He has maybe 2 good productive years left imo.

13. Sinobas

Damian is one of the most likeable Blazers ever. He's like Brandon Roy, but if you take emotion out of it, and what you think of him as a person, he's not playing good basketball right now, and he's been prone to these types of streches through is career. A big difference between "good" players and stars is that consistancy.

GrandJury likes this.
  14. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

I actually agree with the first three and have the next two on par with him but there aren't two Irvings in the league and if you are mentioning Bledsoe and Dragic, you should mention Walker too.

15. GrandJury

Well that’s why he isn’t an All Star every year. It’s justified

16. StumptownHoliday

StumptownHoliday Y'all know what time it is.

Doctor
    This thread is cancer.

SportsAndWhine and GriLtCheeZ like this.
  17. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

I just don't get some of these posts and opinions on Lillard.

Lillard is the best player on our team. That's a fact. Are their other players in the NBA that are better? Sure. Who doesn't agree with that? Are their other pg's better than Lillard? Sure, again no one disagrees with that.

But here is where things go weird.

Since Lillard is not the best player or point guard in the NBA does that mean he sucks?

Since Lillard is not the best player or point guard in the NBA does that mean we shouldn't have drafted him?

Since Lillard is not the best player or point guard in the NBA does that mean we should not like him? Support him? Cheer for him?

That's the argument it seems like some of you are trying to make and that is just silly.

There has never been an opportunity to draft Curry or Westbrook or trade Lillard for Curry or Westbrook.

The only point guard we honestly had an opportunity to trade Lillard for is Isiah Thomas.

Lillard is not the reason why this team isn't a championship contender.

Adding Curry or Westbrook to this team does not make the Blazers a championship contender. It doesn't even get us to the WCF.

You swap out Lillard for Curry on the Warriors and the Warriors still remain the favorite to win the championship. You swap out Lillard for Curry on the Warriors and I promise you all of Lillard's stats would go up. Shooting %, 3pt %, Assists. Let's see if some of you can figure out why.

Lillard is not the reason why the Blazers are not a championship contender.

18. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

So far this season Lillard is 4th in the league in scoring for all guards.

9th in the league in assists for all guards.

stampedehero, BBert and H.C. like this.
  19. StumptownHoliday

StumptownHoliday Y'all know what time it is.

Doctor
    There are 29 other teams working their asses off to win a championship every year. Some of you base your entire "logic" on hindsight, as if it was sooooo clear that Westbrook would one day average a trip dub or steph curry would become the class of the league.

Please, you wannabe nostradamus' don't know shit and didn't know shit. Put some respek on Dame's name.

Lanny and SportsAndWhine like this.
  20. RR7

RR7 Well-Known Member

"As of right now", but then you list Bledsoe and I. Thomas? Lowry's playing like ass this year also. Gimme a break.