Liverpool The Most Prestigious English Team

Discussion in 'Liverpool FC' started by CelticKing, Jul 10, 2008.

1. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

Dossena: Liverpool The Most Prestigious English Team

[​IMG]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Dossena officially completed his transfer from Udinese last week, and in the process became Liverpool’s first-ever Italian signing.

The 26-year-old left back, who has won one cap for Italy put pen to paper on a four year contract at Anfield, and he believes that his English heart will make him a success in the Premiership.

‘Half English’

"Even from training I realise English football is different,” Dossena told Liverpoolfc.tv.

"It's all about possession and the ball seems to move quicker. There is also a great determination among the players in training, but these are all qualities that are characteristic of me too. In this way, I feel half English, half Italian.”

Pride

Dossena also spoke about his pride at being able to play for such a prestigious side as Liverpool, who are England’s most successful ever club.

"It is an honour to be wearing such a prestigious shirt.," he enthused.

"It was great for me that Liverpool were so determined to have me in their squad. It is a very important shirt to wear and I will do my best. I have a great will to work hard and succeed and achieve great results.

"Of course I'll feel very strong emotions when I wear the shirt at Anfield for the first time but after the first few seconds these will be replaced by a focus on what I am doing.

"There are so many great players here and I hope to be playing beside them as soon as possible.

"I believe I will bring determination as my main strength. I have a will to succeed and achieve results. These are also characteristics I have seen in Liverpool as a team."

Azzurri

Finally Dossena spoke about his international ambitions, saying that he hopes his move to Liverpool will lead to him winning a regular place in the Italy squad.

"The Premier League is followed and it will be up to the national manager to watch the players abroad," he said.

"I am aware, though, that I am at the most prestigious team in England. There are other players who play abroad who are getting caps, like Luca Toni."</div>

2. Art_gunner4life

Art_gunner4life DYC Arsenal Fan

Well, history wise, yes they are the most succesful team in England. But as of late they have been overshadowed by Manu and Arsenal.

3. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

Even Chelsea have been better as of lately. Things could change though now that they have Torres.