Livingston's Injury

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Clippers' started by Mamba, Feb 26, 2007.

1. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

O..M..G

If he didn't shred every ligament and tendon in his knee, I'll be surprised. That looked very career threatening.

2. huevonkiller

huevonkiller Change (Deftones)

Student.
    Wow and Livingston didn't even cry (just shouted a couple of times in pain) or anything like Wade. That guy is tough, my prayers are with him.

3. Marbire

Marbire JBB JustBBall Member

That was not fun to watch. That's got to be career threatening, not season. But I'm just going by the looks.

4. kobe23

kobe23 JBB JustBBall Member

College Undergrad
    If the Clips traded for Kidd then this wouldnt have happened

5. Skiptomylue11

Skiptomylue11 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">kobe23 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">If the Clips traded for Kidd then this wouldnt have happened</div>lol like they could have known this would have happened.

Should the Kings have traded Webber before he got his knee injury? [​IMG]

EDIT: By the way that knee injury looked nasty. It hurts to see a limb go in a direction that is not natural.

6. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

I feel terrible for Livingston, one of the worst injuries I've seen in the NBA. He's never going to be the same after surgery.

Invalid Video Link

Disclaimer ... gruesome footage.

7. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

Damn, that was brutal. Is this the same knee that he injured before?

8. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

No.

I've always felt the guy was too frail to be anything in this league, but I hate to see him go out like this. I feel the same as shape, he'll never be the same after that if he can come back.

9. Shapecity

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">If you saw it happen in person at Staples Center, or saw the replay of Shaun Livingston's injury Monday night, you knew right away.

It was bad. Ugly. Sickening.

A leg is not supposed to bend that way. A knee can't take that sort of trauma and come back to doing all the things it is supposed to. And then, when the knee is supposed to do the things it must to be a player in the NBA, coming back becomes a huge issue.

Yes, that's right. That's the issue. Coming back at all. Or coming back with the same mobility it had before Monday night's terrible misstep.

The replay made you wince like the Joe Theismann replay. Legs don't go those directions without serious trauma. Theismann's injury, a horror to watch, was a compound fracture.

Livingston didn't break any bones, and his dislocated knee was slightly less horrifying to see but still bad enough for announcers to warn audiences before showing the replay. Doctors will soon know how many ligaments, tendons and arteries are damaged and what all that will mean to the future. In some cases, dislocations are worse than fractures. Much worse.

Livingston, a 21-year-old point guard and anchor of the Clippers' plans for the future, got a loose ball with just over eight minutes to play in the first quarter. He dashed for the layup, with an opposing player nearby but not really threatening. Livingston had done this thousands of times, as a high school player and a pro prodigy. Yet when he landed, the left leg hit wrong and all the weight pushed his knee where no knee is meant to go.

The first thing you noticed is that he didn't even try to get up. Athletes tend to be warriors, to do everything they can to get back in there. This time, any adrenaline suggesting that to Livingston was quickly erased by the pain.</div>

Source

10. J_Ray

J_Ray JBB JustBBall Member

When ESPNEWS said it was gruesome, I didn't think it'd be this bad. I feel bad for Livingston and the Clippers organization because to tell the truth, he'd done [​IMG] His legs was completely sideways, that's never good, he had to have tore everything that Tony Allen did if not more.....

11. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

At first, I wasn't sure how bad the injury looked, but watching it the second time around, it was just horrific. Hope he gets better.

12. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

Geez, he's injured both of his legs. The kid can't catch a break.

It looks like the awkward landing happened because he was doing a right-handed layup from the left side, with a defender chasing him down.

13. Shapecity

Updated the video link. Did anyone else check their left leg after watching the video just to make sure it was ok?

14. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

Damn. He's leg just snapped. That was horrible to watch, and I'm sure he was in tons of pain. Wow. It really sucks because Livingston is such a young kid with tons of potential, but after this injury, I don't think he'll ever be the same again. It sucks to see this happen to anyone, especially someone so humble. I wish the best for him. Livingston is a true warrior. He came out of the injury without shedding any tears, or having any need for a wheelchair. I wish the best for him

15. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

[​IMG]

^ all this and not 1 tear

16. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Livingston is a true warrior. He came out of the injury without shedding any tears, or having any need for a wheelchair. I wish the best for him</div>
    ...A stretcher's pretty much a same thing.

Anyway, all the best wishes for Livingston. You hate to see a guy with such potential and starting to play nicely have to go down with an injury like this.

17. Karma

Karma The Will Must Be Stronger Than The Skill

Update

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">
    The Los Angeles Clippers reported that under the supervision of team physician Dr. Tony Daly, guard Shaun Livingston underwent a Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) exam on Tuesday morning at Centinela Freeman Regional Medical Center in Inglewood. The MRI revealed that Livingston suffered tears to the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL), posterior cruciate ligament (PCL), medial collateral ligament (MCL) and lateral meniscus. Livingston also suffered a patella dislocation, in addition to the previously diagnosed tibia/femoral dislocation.
    </div>

Jesus Christ.

18. Skiptomylue11

Skiptomylue11 JBB JustBBall Member

^^That sounds bad. He has to be out for the season, and probaby some of next season. (maybe 1/2 of next season?)

19. Pakman

Pakman JBB ITS ON ME!!!

Damn, and I liked all the potential he had and the way he played. That looked weird man, just nasty.

20. Sex Panther

Sex Panther works every time.

Ask.
    Wow. Just wow, i hope him the best. I personally never believed he would become the superstar many believed he would be, but i hope he bounces back from this.