Looks like theres hope yet..

Discussion in 'NFC East' started by JustBry07, Dec 12, 2004.

1. JustBry07

JustBry07 The Underdog

Wow what a close game between the Eagles and Redskins, I was not expecting that from a team like the Eagles to be held to such a little margin of points by the Redskins defense even though the Skins got great defense..looks like there is some hope for the other lesser teams to beat the tough 12-1 Eagles afterall. They only won by a field goal (17-14) against the Skins but slaughtered the Packers last week (47-17). I guess all ya need is a solid defense and some offense that can put points up on the board and you'll succeed against them. No offense Eagles fans I'm actually very surprised by the game Sunday night, but it was great to watch and I gotta say I was rooting for the Skins to pull out the win, what an upset that would have been to the Eagles and their fans!

2. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

As Chris Berman always says, "That's why they play the games." However, it's also said that, "good teams find a way to win." I'm not shocked when I see a good team struggle with a lesser team because of the talent level in the NFL. The difference between the Eagles and and another team, for example the Seahawks, is that the Eagles usually win close games where a team like the Seahawks would have probably walked out with a loss.

3. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

Besides, it is not like it was an NFC title game, they are saving thier next loss for then.

4. Steelerfan_2005

Steelerfan_2005 The Peacekeeper XL

I was also surprised to see the final score as I didn't get to watch the game last night. I was at the Steeler game and was exhausted when I got home. The Eagles are good and continue to win regardless of how they struggled. I still wonder if McNabb can be consistent enough to get to the big game.

5. BrianWestbrook

BrianWestbrook nfl-*****s member

Eh I was expecting a close game. The Skins D was real impressive, I had my doubts about them. Plus it's a division rival, anything can happen. At least they didn't lose to that division rival 27-0 unlike some team I know

6. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

You would be real shitty if you lost to a divisin rival 27-0, if that rival had a losing record.

7. JustBry07

JustBry07 The Underdog

Ahh taking some stabs at the Falcons now are we. Thats fine with me, I wouldnt call them real shitty either was just a very very bad game overall for the team as a whole. But wow Falcons get pretty much zero respect from anyone, no matter how well they play or what they do it really doesnt matter.

8. BrianWestbrook

BrianWestbrook nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JustBry07)</div><div class='quotemain'>But wow Falcons get pretty much zero respect from anyone, no matter how well they play or what they do it really doesnt matter.</div>

Yes THEY play well, Vick does not

9. JustBry07

JustBry07 The Underdog

Both Vick and the Falcons play well as a whole unit despite what you feel. The Eagles on the other hand struggled with Dallas and only beat them by 5, after Terrell Owens left the game with an ankle injury.

So therefore does that mean T.O. plays well, and the Eagles do not? OR are they simply a product of their schedule as well. Eagles can and will be beaten again. Super Bowl... I'm not so sure anymore, looks like they are chokers or maybe they are just so cocky about their record that they take all the teams with worse records lightly if so I really hope the Falcons play them and knock them back to reality a bit just like the Redskins and Cowboys did the last few weeks.

I'm starting to see why there are people here that feel the Eagles fans are blind or biased. Comment on the Falcons and Vick all you want but they arent portrayed to anything close to what the Eagles and McNabb are, if anything the Falcons fly under the radar everytime no matter what they do or despite their 11-3 record. Yet the Eagles have choked up the last two weeks against the Redskins who yes have great defense but still have a losing record, and the Cowboys...come on now! Maybe they are over-rated afterall.

10. Eagles4Life

Eagles4Life He Hate Me

Even without TO, our defense is good enough to get us to the Super Bowl (#1 in points allowed). As you saw in the game yesterday, even when noone else was making plays McNabb found a way to win. As long as DMac is healthy we will still win I believe.

The problem with the Falcons is that Michael Vick is not consistent enough against a good defense. I just dont think he will be able to run against us like he did the Panthers. We have too much speed on the defense. But, you never know. When you have a player like him, if he has a great game you have a shot. But in freezing cold at the Linc, I am doubtfull he can get it done. We'll see.

11. MysteryMan

MysteryMan nfl-*****s member

there still not ready to win a super bowl. If a good offensive team like the colts play the eagles theyll beat them in a high score game.